3rd Trimester

Weekend plans-cancelled!

So DH just told me he decided to cancel our weekend plans to go out of town. It's about 2-2 1/2hrs away. It is supposed to snow a couple of inches...AGAIN! Also supposted to be 35-45MPH winds....so now we aren't going. I know he wants to be safe, but I was looking forward to getting out of town....What to do now?

Re: Weekend plans-cancelled!

• Sorry to hear about that!  It would have been nice to get away.  My weekend plans have also been cancelled.  I was supposed to go home for my baby shower, but my flight was cancelled I can't get on another until next week.  The worst part is my first baby shower was also cancelled because of our December snowstorm and I was stuck at the airport for 2 days.  I'm 0/2 on baby showers :-(
    It took 3 1/2 long years, but we finally got our little miracle!
    IVF #1 - BFP (6dt)
    Unassisted Pregnancy #2 - lost at 15w6d due to T21, severe heart defects, and fetal hydrops

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This sounds so silly but every once and a great while DH and I pull the mattress and boxspring off of our bed and set it up in the living room. we move the couches out of the way.

We pick out a ton of movies and stock the fridge. We camp out in the living room like a couple of little kids. there is just something "different" about sleeping out there and it feels a little special. it doesn't compare to a weekend out of town but on a rainy or snowy weekend... it's so relaxing and great bonding time.

• Maybe go to a B&B in a neighboring town or in your own town?  Our own babymoon will be at my uncles house since they will be gone for the weekend and need cat sitting. 
  • image wed23:
    Sorry to hear about that!  It would have been nice to get away.  My weekend plans have also been cancelled.  I was supposed to go home for my baby shower, but my flight was cancelled I can't get on another until next week.  The worst part is my first baby shower was also cancelled because of our December snowstorm and I was stuck at the airport for 2 days.  I'm 0/2 on baby showers :-(

I think you ahev me beat on this one...I think NO more snow!!!

• Like PP said, could you do a night at a B and B or a nice hotel closer by?  DH and I do that sometimes, it is a nice reprieve from all the distractions that can spring up when you are at home!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards