Cincinnati Babies
Options

I-Phone

After reading vbmeg's post below wow i want an I-phone! How cool :) What are in the ins and outs. Don't you have to have a certain provider? How much is your  plan a month? Do you have to have a special plan? Sorry I am CLUELESS

right now I have the unlimited everything plan from sprint with my blackberry.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers image

Re: I-Phone

• Options

You have to have AT&T.  There are all kinds of rumors about that potentially changing, but for now you have to go with AT&T.  The plans range from $70-100 a month, but we got a discount because of DH's employer.  They also have family plans, but I don't really know anything about those.  It was my birthday present, so I'm not sure how much the phone itself cost.

Katie has an iphone and a Blackberry (which I'm sure doesn't surprise you one bit).  :)  She said that the iphone is absolutely better for surfing the internet and using apps, but she still prefers the Blackberry for email.

• Options
    Rumor has it that Verizon might be getting an iphone before the end of the year.  I am dying over here.  Want one soooo bad, but not willing to get rid of Verizon to get one.  DS has the I Pod Touch with the apps, and I love that thing.  Every time I look at it, I am embarrassed that I even own a Blackberry.  If an Ipod with it's apps makes my BB look stupid, then I know an I Phone will really put it in the dust.  Come on Verizon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I forgot to mention the best parts--the camera and camcorder features.  It's so nice to have those features with me all the time!  The quality is pretty much what you would expect from a cell phone, but it gets the job done most of the time.  IMO I think they purposely didn't include those with the touch so people would get the iphone instead.
  • Options
    So is the Ipod Touch as "cool"? Like can you have all of the apps that you can with an Iphone. Just wondering in case switching providers can't happen, maybe I can get a new ipod. Not going to lie the app that got me most excited was the red lazer that Lori was talking about where it tells you the cheapest price of something.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers image
  • Options
    I have the  My Touch from T-mobile and it's an android powered phone.  It's very similar to the iPhone and has tons of apps for download too.  I know Verizon has an android based phone as well.  I love love love my phone.  I have a lot of the apps that the ladies mentioned below as well.  The android market (where you download the apps) is getting more and more apps each day and a lot of the developers that make the iPhone apps are now making the same apps for the android phones.    I have Shazam and Facebook on my phone as well, and there is also an app that sounds very similar to the red lazer, mine is called shop savvy which will also scan barcodes and give you the lowest price online and in local stores.  Just another option for you, if your carrier has an android based phone, that way you wouldn't have to switch carriers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DH has a touch.  It's very similar to the iphone, but it doesn't have the camera or camcorder.  You also have to rely on a wireless internet connection instead of the 3G network, so you can't expect to be able to use it anywhere.  He didn't want a new cell phone and really only uses it at work or at home, so it works for him.
  • Options
    I work with all computer nerds - and there is a way to unlock iPhones and use them through any carrier.  I am pretty sure that voids the warranty, so you won't be getting support for the hardware.  I believe you can buy unlocked phones on EBay.  I thought about it many times because I refuse to leave Cincinnati Bell.  It seems like too much of a hassle, but if you are good with electronics/computers it may be worth looking into.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMrs.Cooley2bee:
    I work with all computer nerds - and there is a way to unlock iPhones and use them through any carrier.  I am pretty sure that voids the warranty, so you won't be getting support for the hardware.  I believe you can buy unlocked phones on EBay.  I thought about it many times because I refuse to leave Cincinnati Bell.  It seems like too much of a hassle, but if you are good with electronics/computers it may be worth looking into.

My MIL's boyfriend did this. His is through TMobile. I'm not exactly sure how he did it. He does some sketchy things sometimes and he wouldn't talk about it much. Its almost like it was "illegal" in some way by the way he was acting. I have no clue!

• Options
    There are people who advertise on craigslist that they'll unlock a phone.  It sounded a little shady to me so I never really looked into it.
  • Options

imageMrs.Cooley2bee:

My cousin did this and has her iPhone through Cincinnati Bell. Said it works just fine.  I think her BIL unlocked it for her. 

I have the Touch and love it!

• Options
    neontetraneontetra member
    edited April 2014
    Yes. As Mrs.Cooley2bee said there is definitely a way to unlock iPhones. I too have unlocked my iPhone to use with other network. I unlocked my iPhone using remote unlocking service. I got the remote unlocking service for my iPhone from www.TheUnlockArena.com This method of unlocking was safe, simple and affordable too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"