Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Win a Philosophy "Mom Essentials" Tote (5 winners!)

Re: Win a Philosophy "Mom Essentials" Tote (5 winners!)

• I pamper myself by having coffee in bed, while I read the bump and other sites, in the morning when my son is taking his first nap of the day. It's my time to myself before getting ready for work and taking care of baby, dog and husband.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • I get up a half hour earlier to enjoy a run.  I feel so much better after!
  • Loading the player...
  • I either take a long hot shower or lay on the couch and read a book while DH takes DS for a bit.
    Megan S. Proud Marine Wife and Mommy of 2 Little Boys Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daddy's Little NICU Peanut Finally Home =D Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I take at least one nice soak in the tub a week with lots of bubbles, a glass of wine, and a good book and just sit back and relax while the hubby watches the babe or the babe is already in bed!
  • A few times a week, I take some "me time" and draw a bath. While soaking I read a book and have a glass of wine. When I get out I feel refreshed and ready to get back to being the best mom I can be.
  • I take an extra shower at night and just soak in the steam.  It really helps after a long day!
  • I send DH and DD to go somewhere out of the house for an hour or so every weekend, and then I just relax in my empty, quiet house.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I always allow myself to have red wine and trashy reality TV at least one night a week.
  • I take 30 min after DS is in bed to unwind. Sometimes it's a bath with bubbles, a book and a cup of tea - other times it's snuggles on the couch with my husband and a movie. I love my son, but to be a good Mommy I need to take time for myself and my marriage!!
    ~*~Meghann~*~ Type 1, insulin dependant diabetic for 11 years using a pump and sensor. wedding countdown Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Every once in a while I lay in the tub and let the HOT HOT water give me a back massage. All the bending and picking up my babies takes its toll. I can't afford a massage, so this is the next best thing.
  • One night per week, I give myself a mini pedicure and take a relaxing bath.  DH is around in case DD wakes up.   
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH wakes up with the baby on the weekends, while I sleep in.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love to get pedicures.  They are so relaxing and I love pretty polished toes.  I hadn't been able to get one for a few months, and I did last week.  I walked in to show DH and he promptly stepped on my feet.  lol
  • Every night after I put my 3 kids to bed, I take a bubble bath and drink a nice hot cup of Milkmaid tea.
  • I put on some sort of make up everyday - lip gloss at the very least - makes me feel good!
    BabyName Ticker
  • Every night after DH and I get into bed, I will have him give me a back rub. It helps a lot plus it's a little bonding time for us every night. :]]
  • Even though things are tight financially, I make sure we budget for DH's aunt to come clean our house once a month.  It is one of the best things I could possibly do for myself because cleaning really stresses me out.  Knowing that the house gets deep-cleaned once a month makes my life much less stressful.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Two things come to mind:

1. DH watches our LO a few times a week, and I take our two dogs on a long walk. I head out, walk around the neighborhood, and chat with our neighbors. The fresh air feels so good, no matter the season. I always feel completely refreshed after I get back.

2. I go to a yoga class once a week across the street from our place. I get to stretch, relax, and to pay attention to what is going on with me, both physically and spiritually.  I feel very "zen" just thinking about it!

• I watch the sun rise almost every morning with my husband.  He gets up for work very early, and even though I go back to sleep after, that is the best time of my day - before it even starts.
  • I give myself time to snuggle and play with my baby every day. Without it I find myself taking care of her needs and pumping and keeping up with the house. I realized I was spending all of my maternity leave doing things and not taking enough time to enjoy my beautiful daughter.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary BabyName Ticker
  • I make sure that during one of DD's naps I get into the nice hot shower and just enjoy being warm and relaxed!
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• I pamper myself by taking a few minutes before getting out of bed each day to just breathe.

• I get a massage once a month. It is a glorious hour where I can just turn off my brain and tune out the world. It also helps alleviate the aches and pains that come with working at desk 40 hours a week along with chasing after a toddler!
  • My "pampering" has now changed since DS arrived. I don't have much time for pampering, but my new way to relax is to take DS and go to Starbucks and then walk around Target for 1 hour early Sunday morning while most people are sleeping in or at church!
  • It's different, but I love to cook and have continued doing so since my son was born.  When my husband gets home, I turn over my son for some dad one-on-one time and I retire to the kitchen for 30 minutes to an hour to have some good quality time with my pots and pans! 

Everyone benefits and I get to enjoy the fruits of my labor!

Ethan Michael - 12/21/09
    Norah Jewel - 2/26/14

• My pampering time comes first thing in the morning Without any interruptions I get to take my time getting ready for work. This may not sound like pampering but it is in my house. It's my quiet time before cleaning up breakfast, dressing for school and getting my DD ready for the day. I love my morning time and I really make the most of it it. I wake up extra early to walk on the treadmill while getting my morning news in and then taking my time getting ready and enjoying my coffee.My husband is the best for making sure DD is up and is starting on breakfast while I have my quiet time.   

• I work on my feet as a registered nurse.  I like to use Burts Bees peppermint foot cream to ease my sore feet.  DH is also great at giving foot and back rubs.  Nothing better than a back rub from the man I love!
  • When I get home the first thing I do is put my PJs on and Bump for a little bit with my feet up and a tall glass of chocolate milk.

Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • What is this "pampering" you speak of? These posts make me super jealous. All I can think of is, if I have time for any of those things, I have time for sleep, which, I guess is my "pampering".

• Several times a week, I take a bubble bath with a good book and a glass of wine. Looking forward to that helps get me through the hard days!
    DS May 12, 2009 DD September 7, 2011
  • I take a really hot shower while DS naps... and I get a pedicure once a month..
    Baby #1 MC November 2007
    Baby #2 MC June 2008
    Baby #3 Born April 2009
    Baby #4 due date February 2015

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I work only weekends so I get up extra early on those days and get some "me" time after getting ready.  This consists of myself, DVR'd episodes of Seinfeld, and a cold diet coke!  Sounds crazy but its great!  =) 
  • I take a long hot shower and use aroma oils in the bathroom while I am in there.  I use the relaxing kind, so I can wind down after a long day.
  • I take a bath at least twice a week (hot bubble bath with candle and a book) door shut and no interruptions for at least an hour!
  • I knit whenever I have a minute to myself. It is an extremely soothing process. I stink at it but it doesn't really matter.
  • Two days a week I teach back-to-back classes for four straight hours. When I'm done I lock my office door, kick off my shoes under the desk, turn on iTunes and surf on the Internet or close my eyes for 20 straight minutes. Since getting pregnant and subsequently giving birth, this schedule is rough! I absolutely need this time to decompress, rest my aching legs, and pamper my mind with current events, drama and fluff, or nothing at all! Only when I have stolen this time for myself can I refocus on the rest of my day.
    IMG_8724 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IMG_8895 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I either wait till DH is home or if hes working late until DD is in bed and I take my glass of wine or cup of hot chocolate and run a nice hot bath where I read. This is an almost nightly thing and I do it even if I took a shower that morning. I make sure to use yummy lotion after just as an extra treat. Its my little time for me away from all my mommy/adult responsibilites

• I go to bed at 8:30 every night. I wish I had the chance to do more.
  • I have a glass of wine or a beer and BUMP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A nice 20 oz Diet Dr Pepper and a bar of Dove Dark Chocolate. Every once in a while, after a busy hectic morning getting us all out of the house, crazy busy work morning and a constantly-interrupted-by-clients-coworkers-and-family lunch period, I take about 10 minutes or so after lunch (before the afternoon work load starts) and go sit in my car, crank up the radio, crack open my soda and chocolate, and savor the flavors of each. 

Paradise!!  Paradise

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"