Breastfeeding
Options

Playtex drop-ins and breastmilk storage?

If anyone uses these, how are you storing your breastmilk? Are you storing it in the bottles themselves or in BM storage bags. I plan to EBF with an occasional bottle for SO or DD and I want to use the Playtex Drop-ins. TIA for any advice.
~*March 26th, 2011 - The day I marry my best friend*~ Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers image 44 Invitations sent out!
image 70 guests are joining the celebration!
image 11 friends are sad they can't make it
image 20 people are procrastinators!
RSVP Date: 2/28/2011

Re: Playtex drop-ins and breastmilk storage?

• Options
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have an ameda purely yours pump and if I'm freezing the milk I pour from the pump bottles to a lansinoh milk storage bag.

If I'm refrigerating to use in the next week I just leave it in the  ameda bottles and pour into a drop in right before he is fed from the bottle.

there is a kit so you can pump directly into drop ins, but you cant use it with ameda pumps. They sell it at Target and on amazon.com. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemermer82:

there is a kit so you can pump directly into drop ins, but you cant use it with ameda pumps. They sell it at Target and on amazon.com. 

I don't know if things have changed since I pumped for DS (2008) - but I used the playtex kit and pumped directly into drop-ins from my Lansinoh pump (which is the same as the Ameda PY).  I used to leave it in bottles if I needed it for the next day or put it into storage bags if I was storing it. 

Pumping directly into the drop-ins was a lifesaver for me - made having bottles ready for the next day so easy! (well, as easy as it can be with needing to pump ;) )

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"