2nd Trimester
Options

Recliner INSTEAD of glider rocker?

Can you use a comfy recliner for rocking baby, instead of a glider rocker? I mean, I know you CAN - but would it make any huge difference?

I found a really nice leather recliner on craigslist, matches our livingroom and everything for $60.00 - We want a piece of furniture that WON'T be "exclusively' just for baby, but something we can keep and use that looks like it just goes with our livingroom set.

Thoughts?

Re: Recliner INSTEAD of glider rocker?

• Options
    I didn't have a glider.  We just used a rocking recliner and it was perfect!  We actually just bought new furniture because I wanted a new rocking recliner and DH said if we were getting that we should get the whole set! 
    Big Brother Logan Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Miles Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Bryan Smith - Freelance Photography Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We got a leather recliner/glidder for the baby room.  Right now it is seating the livingroom waiting for the room to be done and my DH loves it.  It will need more room because it reclines, but it so much more comfortable. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We will probably be inheriting a recliner from DH's recently departed grampa, so that's what we're planning on doing. Obviously, a recliner doesn't rock but it seems like it would be very comfortable for feeding.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers www.foreverfactor.blogspot.com
  • Options
    We're using a recliner that we already have. We didn't see the point in buying a new piece of furniture when essentially it's just a comfy spot to nurse and rock the baby.
  • Options

This recliner I found does rock, so thats good. And then it also reclines.

I plan on using it in livingroom, so that means probably hours sitting in it BFing, or holding baby.. So I want something more like a comfy couch to me, rather than a awkward chair.

And its leather.. which is nice.. :)

• Options
    This is specifically why we bought a rocker recliner as one piece of our living room set - b/c we knew we'd be having babies for the next decade... Yes, a rocker recliner works perfect. A recliner might be okay (that doesn't rock) but a rocker recliner is everything you need.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was very anti glider but then they had one in the hospital and we found that the rocking motion totally calmed DD down.  So, DH went on craigslist and bought a glider while we were still in the hospital.  I plan to sell it on Craiglsit again when we're done with it.
  • Options

imagejoelen&louis:
    We're using a recliner that we already have. We didn't see the point in buying a new piece of furniture when essentially it's just a comfy spot to nurse and rock the baby.

Right. We dont have a recliner yet, but wanted one anyway, so its kind of a good way to finsh the livingroom set. It matches everything too. And wont be an eyesore like I think (most) gliders are.

• Options

imagealdyn:
    I was very anti glider but then they had one in the hospital and we found that the rocking motion totally calmed DD down.  So, DH went on craigslist and bought a glider while we were still in the hospital.  I plan to sell it on Craiglsit again when we're done with it.

Well we are limited on space, hubby wants recliner, I want recliner, so if recliner works for rocking baby, then no sense in cluttering up house with ugly glider! I think they are eye sores, lol.. I like the cushy ones with no wood, but havent found one that matches, and most are like $300+ - Waaay too much for me to wanna spend when I have baby coming!

• Options
    We are getting a La-Z-Boy rocker/recliner for the nursery that we can later use in other rooms of the house if wanted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"