Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

My love-hate relationship with Bum Genius continues

So, we've used the 3.0's since day 1. 11 months into it I was ready to give up because the velcro was shot and they smelled awful. They ended up replacing all 27 of our diapers.

So, six months later, the smell was starting to creep in to the new diapers. BG said that bleaching once a month was okay, so I added just a 1/4 cup.

It KILLED the velcro. I'm so annoyed.

Re: My love-hate relationship with Bum Genius continues

• Options
    Ugghhh. :(
    I had seriously considered the BG3.0s and have thought about getting them for the next baby. (Our stupid well and septic system couldn't handle the added laundry that would generate.)
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    I just sent mine out to be converted to snaps, I love them now! There is a few people on etsy that do it, for 13 diapers it cost me 45.00! I do the same with bleach to keep the smell down.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh no...I'm sorry.
  • Options

imageDressage99:
    I just sent mine out to be converted to snaps, I love them now! There is a few people on etsy that do it, for 13 diapers it cost me 45.00! I do the same with bleach to keep the smell down.

Link?

• Options

https://www.etsy.com/shop/IonaEve

Looks like she isn't taking orders for a while, maternity leave or something. She was very nice, and great to work with! She gave me a discount because I removed my own velcro. And her turn around time was QUICK!

Try posting on diaperswappers. There are lots of WAH mamas that offer the service. Maybe you can find someone on there. Or check etsy, I'm sure there are others that do it.

Good luck! They are really nice once converted! Even my husband loves them now, and he hates cloth diapers!

• Options
    What detergent do you use? We have been using Rockin' Green and it is REALLY great. RLR is also a lifesaver. We had major stink issues until we went to all-hemp (I got this idea from Blondie). We use AFFF and AFFF-like inserts and no microfiber at all (that is where the stink comes from, IMO).
  • Options
    i love my organic bumgenius but hate the microfiber core ones. DS also breaks out in a rash if he is in the suedecloth lined ones too long after a poop. my guess is the smell is the microfiber :-/
  • Options
    I'm assuming you're talking about ammonia smell in the morning?  I cured that by switching to Tide HE and using up to line 1.  No more stinkies!
  • Options

Just found a brand new one on ETSY! Just listed her shop yesterday it looks like. I just contacted her about doing mine, cause they are shot as well.

I searched, "snap conversion" and hers was the first one to pop up

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just "strip" my diapers every two months and they have been fine.  I ordered replacement velcros after using them for one year and they are like brand new now.  All you have to do is send them an email requesting them.
  • Options
    Ugh.  So frustrating.  They replaced some of mine, too, but now my replacements are starting to wear out.  I'm planning to convert about 10 of them to snaps soon.  I've been using FuzziBunz and like them, but wish they were shaped more like the BG for adjusting the rise. 
  • Options
    imageDressage99:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/IonaEve

Looks like she isn't taking orders for a while, maternity leave or something. She was very nice, and great to work with! She gave me a discount because I removed my own velcro. And her turn around time was QUICK!

Try posting on diaperswappers. There are lots of WAH mamas that offer the service. Maybe you can find someone on there. Or check etsy, I'm sure there are others that do it.

Good luck! They are really nice once converted! Even my husband loves them now, and he hates cloth diapers!

Yes, she just started maternity leave last week.  I was one of the first orders turned away.  :(  She did give me a link to someone else who does snap conversions on BGs.

https://www.diaperdoc.webs.com/

She also said to do a search on diaper swapper for snap conversion.

• Options
    I don't CD, but I think the snap conversion sounds like a pretty sound idea. I think steph is probably more than capable of doing the snaps herself :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"