Ryan used to go down to sleep decently easy. At the beginning, I used to nurse him to sleep. But eventually, I could do the drowsy but awak-ish to sleep. He would either stay down or I would have to go in 1-2 times and put him back down. Then he'd be up every 1-3 hours after (or 30 mins, those are fun).
But for the last week it takes me FOREVER to get him down for the night (ie: it was almost 2 hours tonight). And during the night, it takes forever to get him to go back to sleep after eating (sometimes 1-2 pickups, sometimes up to 2 hours) rather than going right back down like he used to. And the crying he's doing isn't the little I'm going to whine myself to sleep cry, either.
What am I doing wrong? This is what I have tried:
- Drowsy but awake
- Rocking, bouncing or nursing to complete sleep (sometimes more)
- Swaddling with both arms
- Swaddling with 1 arm
- Swaddling with 0 arms (he loves his arms, but they are still too much of a distraction for him)
- Pick up, put down, pick up, put down....
- Don't pick up, but pat his butt, back, arm, belly....
- When I put him down, keep him close to me as I lay him down and keep my hand on him once he's down.
- We are following the same routine as the past that has worked (in bed around 7:30/8:00.
- He doesn't seem too hot/cold, etc...
There's probably more I've tried that I don't even remember. And this has been happening whether he got good naps or not during the day.
Any thoughts as to what's going on and when/if it will end and what I can do? This is beyond ridiculous!
IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches!