3rd Trimester

"are you OK???" (vent)

.... Says my father when he calls me just now, after having planned a dinner with DH and I to jointly celebrate my mom's and DH's birthday this evening... "Are you going to make it tonight??"

....... I already told you a few times earlier in the week that the dinner plans were tentatively fine pending the baby didn't arrive before then, and I didn't yell at mom when she emailed me yesterday (after you'd texted me the reservation time the night before and I said it was fine), telling me she "Needs to know whether we're going to make it"... instead I texted you back confirming the time for dinner..... I also didn't throw a fit when you started a phonecall last week or the week before with "Am I a grandfather yet?"

I've already assured you that I wouldn't forget to tell you if I was in labor, or not doing well....

YES I'm fine, damnit.  YES I will STILL be at dinner.  GRR!!

Re: "are you OK???" (vent)

• Yes... I understand. Every family phone call I get always starts with "How are you feeling?" I know everyone means well, but really? What would they think if I called them and asked very seriously and concerned... "How are you feeling?"

I do that to my great-aunt when I call her... but she is 90 years old, is practically blind, has arthritis in both knees, and has a bad heart! I call her when I've had enough sympathy from everyone else. She knows I'm going to survive pregnancy... just as thousands and thousands of women have throughout history. :)

• awww, sounds like he is just expressing concern/thought for you - dads don't always know what to say!
  • You are better than me.  If my mother had texted me back to confirm if I was going to make it, I would have told her to text the baby and ask him.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image witoga:
    awww, sounds like he is just expressing concern/thought for you - dads don't always know what to say!

I know he is, but I'm tired and grumpy and plugging through the days.  I told him when he first asked about having this dinner a week or 2 ago, that it was fine, as long as the baby hadn't arrived yet (since trying to plan something definite a couple weeks in advance these days is just not possible)....and seeing as how he hasn't arrived, the constant phonecalls texts and emails (4 in the last week, which I've confirmed each time that the time and place is fine and we'll be there) are getting to be a bit much.

• I feel you're pain.  I started ignoring calls from my mom yesterday and when I finally answered the phone thinking it was DH calling I get "Andrea?" to which I replied who else would be answering the phone at my house right now?  My mom didn't like that comment too much.  But, she just wanted to make sure I was okay.  Am I going to be sitting at home and suddenly pass out and die?  No, don't think so.
  • I totally understand where you're coming from... I'm so sick of everyone we know asking every.single.day, "So, is the baby here yet?", "No baby yet, huh?"... Don't they think that if I were in labor or having the baby they would know?!?!? Especially when news travels extremely quickly within our circle of friends and family... I feel for ya, sister.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I feel your (and the other pp's) pains.  I have been not answering the phone or texts the last day or so because EVERYONE will not stop bugging me. YES I AM STILL HERE. YOU WOULD HEAR IF I WAS IN LABOR. Ugh. My BFF in a span of only 1 hour yesterday texted me twice, then called, then when I hadn't answered texted again saying "WTF?!? haven't heard from you. Are you there? did something happen?!" I was annoyed because when I saw her just 2 days ago I promised that DH would let her know as soon as anything happened. I love my BFF and other friends and family and I know that they are just excited, but enough already.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I already feel your pain, and I still have 4 weeks to go! Almost daily I get phone calls "are you okay, is the baby okay"

Seriously. We don't have the date yet, but I'm going to be induced in the 39th week - this is our first baby, he isn't coming before then! And if by chance he does, I promise, after I push him out, we will call you.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• image rhannan:
    I feel your (and the other pp's) pains.  I have been not answering the phone or texts the last day or so because EVERYONE will not stop bugging me. YES I AM STILL HERE. YOU WOULD HEAR IF I WAS IN LABOR. Ugh. My BFF in a span of only 1 hour yesterday texted me twice, then called, then when I hadn't answered texted again saying "WTF?!? haven't heard from you. Are you there? did something happen?!" I was annoyed because when I saw her just 2 days ago I promised that DH would let her know as soon as anything happened. I love my BFF and other friends and family and I know that they are just excited, but enough already.

My point is now proved again. 

My cousin just posted on my FB page "Are you in labor?! I called but it went straight to voicemail!" 

I love my cousin, she is a sweetheart. But I just talked to her yesterday. I just want some space, please!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards