1st Trimester
Options

Diet lemonade from chickfila?

Crap. I finally find something I can drink and help with nausea and I just happened to look at the container....(I bought a gallon) and it says it is not pastuerized. I know that with cheese or milk that you can't drink it during pregnancy if it is not pasteurized, but isn't lemonade made from lemons/fruit?

Should I be freaking out? I've been filling my glass with half water and half lemonade. I'm going to be soooo sad if I can't drink it.

Re: Diet lemonade from chickfila?

• Options
    I'm not sure about the pastuerized thing but it is made with splenda.  I don't know how you and your dr feel about that, but my Dr. told me not to use splenda.  So, I just switched to the sugar kind.  It's so yummy!
  • Options
    I had montezuma's revenge after drinking a bottle of sparkling cider on NYE.  I dont know if it was from all the apples or b/c it wasn't pasteurized, but have decided to stay away from it either way. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Do you know when it was squeezed? I think that fresh squeezed juice is safest when consumed immediately.

Chickfila diet lemonade has water, lemon juice and Splenda in it.  Not sure what the measurements are, but you could maybe make it at home with pausterized juice if you are worried.

• Options

I wouldn't drink it. I wouldn't worry too much if you've already had it several times, but I wouldn't order it again. The gallons have a warning label on them saying that it isn't pasturized and may contain harmful bacteria. I wouldn't press my luck. Have you tried the Crystal Light Lemonade? It is good.

I also wanted to say that the only artifical sweetners that the American Pregnancy Assosciation consider questionable or unsafe are sacchrine, stevia, and cyclamate. I was told Splenda was fine, but obviously you don't want to eat a ton of artificially sweetened foods.

• Options

My doc told me nothing that isn't pasteurized and nothing diet.  

• Options
    So sorry, but I would worry more about the artifical sweeteners than the pasteurization with the lemonade.  You really should stay away from anything diet since it contains artificial sweeteners.  Splenda is now up for controversy, so for baby's sake, it's better just to have natural sugar and not worry about the calories.  
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Crazy- I never knew it wasn't pasteurized. I lived on the regular lemonade in my first/second tri!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"