3rd Trimester
Options

Cramps/pains when walking

So I get bad cramps when I walk a lot. For instance, I walked home from the metro, takes about 15 min. and I have cramps the entire time!! What is it? I've called the dr. a few weeks ago because I had sharp pains near my belly button that put me in tears and she said it was just round ligament pain. Yeah, thanks LOL! Then I have pain in lower left part of abdomine a lot and saw dr. for it and again they said just stretching. But now every time I walk, which I do a lot for work, I get bad sharp cramp feeling. The best way I can describe them is when you get a cramp running but its in my abdomine and its constant until I sit down for a while. I don't want to call the dr. again since I just feel stupid from the past 2 times. Anyone experience this or have any insight to why or what's happening? Are they actual contractions?

Re: Cramps/pains when walking

• Options
    omg, I just experienced this same exact thing yesterday afternoon when I was walking from one side of my building to another.  It totally felt like a side stitch when I used to be a runner (constant sharp pain directed at an isolated area in my belly).  As soon as I sat down it started to go away and hasn't happen again yet.  Glad I'm not alone because it was bizarre! 
  • Options

To me, it doesnt sound like contractions. I woke up last night and couldnt roll over comfortably for a few minutes, because i was having cramping under my belly button area.

I think most cramping is still round liagment, since we're still stretching/growing. I  hate it when people say this, but just "make sure you're drinking lots of water" ........LOL. GL

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    They are not contractions. I would only be worried if you were spotting along with the sharp pains. I have had this since 24 weeks and it only gets worse as baby grows. It is RLP AND the stretching of your pelvic joints. Yeah, not fun.
  • Options

I searched around on the internet for this and here is what I found: Preterm labor symptoms! https://www.justmommies.com/articles/preterm_labor.shtml

• Options

Don't worry about it. I posted about this a week or so ago and apparently it is pretty common. My MW said it was caused by hip changes and streching of muscles and ligaments. The further along you get (and the bigger you get) the more your weight is shifting so RL pain can resurface.

• Options
    imageFuture Mrs. Bearsch:

I searched around on the internet for this and here is what I found: Preterm labor symptoms! https://www.justmommies.com/articles/preterm_labor.shtml

I saw nothing in this that mirrored what I understood you to be describing. Stop freaking yourself out. If you are having preterm labor symptoms then you should call your doc. A cramp or two doesn't count in my book. There is a person in there for the love of god... it isn't always going to be comfortable.

• Options

I had the same thing a lot around 26 weeks or so and it actually stopped me from taking my daily walks. Now at 34 weeks, I don't have that pain at all anymore, just the feeling like this baby is going to come out of me everytime I stand up : )

I think its just streching and your body adjusting to a bigger human being in there!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"