Babies: 0 - 3 Months

He's only 3 weeks old! (FIL rant)

And my darling FIL keeps trying to get me to give him formula, and today tried to give DS mashed potatoes.

Because they're "not really solid food".

And when I told him no, he's too young, he said to DS "Mommy doesn't want to get more sleep!"

I said "No, mommy is listening to the doctor about what he eats!"

Ugh. I wish my inlaws could just be supportive of our decision to EBF. I know I'm lucky to be able to do so, and I'm not going to mess it up by supplementing unnecessarily. DS is gaining weight like a champ. He's sleeping better slowly. They're not the ones losing sleep so why should it matter if I celebrate that he slept 4 hours this morning? 

Ugh. I just had to rant. 

Re: He's only 3 weeks old! (FIL rant)

• Mashed potatoes to a 3 week old?? FIL has lost it.
  • You're really lucky! My LO wasn't gaining any weight at all, and we had to start supplimenting every feeding before he was even a week old :-(

And your FIL is ridiculous! Just because its mushed up doesn't mean its solid!

• Loading the player...
  • Holy crap - I don't even know what to say to that. LORD.

In my bag: Canon 60D, 50mm 1.4, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430exii Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ummmmm.....no baby sitting for the in laws!!!
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Did he at least put some whiskey in his bottle to wash it down with?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • Awww! I feel your pain!  My MIL thinks our daughter should eat every time she cries...

I would talk to DH and have him step in when they say something that you do not agree with.  I did this and now I just give DH the "look" and he steps in right away.

Mashed potatoes is a big no no though!

Congrats on EBF! 

• Oh! I should add- MIL and FIL are no longer together, and DH agrees... FIL doesn't get to babysit until he's actually old enough to be "fun". You know, teaching him fishing, eating new things, etc. The things that FIL is known to be good at. It's just the wee tiny ones he's really clueless about.

DH will stand up for our decisions though, it's just... the man had two kids. How could he not know that a 3 week old shouldn't have solid food, much less the cows milk that we put in the potatoes?! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"