3rd Trimester

Truthfully - how many of you are using your bumpers?

124»

Re: Truthfully - how many of you are using your bumpers?

• We are but we will be sleeping in his cradle for the first 2-3 months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ch3lsch3ls member

imageDreamsBride411:
    We are.

This.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • we definitely are not it's not necessary, and a SIDS risk - so not worth it IMO

if baby does end up with limbs hanging/getting stuck in the crib rails then I will get a breathable bumper - but I'm not buying one right now

• Well for the first 2 months, Brandon slept in his crib with NO BUMPERS but the other day I went into wake him up and feed him and his soft spot was pushed up against the crib railing.  I made my hunny go out and buy a bumper set that same night.  Now I am torn.
  • We were told by multiple pediatricians as well as our prenatal class to not use one. they are very expensive and not necessary. the risks are very high when it came to sids so were just gonna sit that one out for this baby
  • We are definitely NOT going to use a bumper.  One came in our bedding set so I repurposed it as a crib skirt!

• I have had 3 babies now and used bumpers with all 3.  I always swaddled the babies tightly and put them on their backs to sleep.  Didn't have any trouble.  They all slept in a Moses Basket in my bed until they were about a month (swaddled always).  Then I moved them to their crib, swaddled tightly again.  They couldn't move or roll over so the thought of a bumper suffocating them seems ridiculous.  When they can get out of their swaddle and move around the crib it may be an issue.  But usually they are rolling over by then.  The bumpers were a source of comfort for them all and I felt very comfortable using them.

As always, do what you feel is right and consult your pediatrician!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"