3rd Trimester

Spilling protein...???

I had my regular 2-week OB appt on Wednesday.  Unfortunately, I have to have several tests done next week due to some issues.

1.  I'm spilling protein into my urine.  I've already been treated for 2 (now 3) UTIs since October (I was treated for 5 or 6 with DS, but for blood and bacteria in urine, not protein).  My mom went into sudden renal failure last year and my OB is concerned with my kidney function.

2.  I lost 4 lbs since my appt 2 weeks ago.  I'm up 7 lbs total.  I've also started measuring behind.  I am measuring around 29 or 30 weeks now.  I began measuring behind with DS, too, around this time in my pregnancy with him, so I guess I'm not as concerned with that aspect.

So, next Tuesday I have a renal sono on my kidneys, a growth u/s on the baby and bloodwork to check my metabolic profile.

Anyone else spilling protein???

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Spilling protein...???

• I have been since I was 20 weeks. My doctor just chalked it up as my kidneys making too much protein..

Good luck hope all is well and you get good news!!

• I spill protein at every appointment, but the Dr. isn't concerned at all.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I did with DD#1 and two weeks ago learned that I am doing it again.  But instead of lossing weight I've gained alot of water weight and my BP is starting to rise.  How was your BP?  Hang in there and just try to take it easy watch for signs of preeclampsia.  GL!!
  • How is your blood pressure?  Often when there is protein in your urine and your blood pressure is elevated, it's a sign of pre-eclampsia.  They probably would have told you if your BP was higher than normal.
  • image akgram:
    I did with DD#1 and two weeks ago learned that I am doing it again.  But instead of lossing weight I've gained alot of water weight and my BP is starting to rise.  How was your BP?  Hang in there and just try to take it easy watch for signs of preeclampsia.  GL!!

The nurse didn't tell me yesterday what my BP was, but I'm positive it was normal or my OB would have said something.  It ranges between 100/60 to 125/90 usually during this and my previous pregnancy. 

I feel fine, otherwise.  I get headaches every day, but I did with DS, too, and do frequently when not pregnant.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Me and lots of it.  "Concerning levels" of protein is what I have been told.  They did a whole bunch of blood work and I have several signs of pre-e minus the high blood pressure.  At first I thought I was in the clear until my doctor informed me that a few people present with pre-e like this and then suddenly the BP goes nuts closer to the end.  I always thought raised BP would be the first sign but they said not always.  So basically they told me I could be completely fine or I could be developing pre-e.  Now I have to check my BP at home 2 times a day and I can only have "light activity" to be on the safe side.  My blood pressure has increased throughout pregnancy and now sits right under the dangerous 140/90 marker around 135/83ish.