3rd Trimester

Strange question re: breast pumps

Would it hurt anything if I...tried it out?  I feel strange asking that question.

Re: Strange question re: breast pumps

• Yes, at your stage don't try. Nipple stimulation can cause contractions.
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • ....anxiously awaiting a reply.....
  • Loading the player...
  • You should not stimulate your breasts as it can lead to early labor.  I would not try it.  Also, if it's brand new in a box, you won't be able to return it if it's been used.  You never know why but there is always a chance BFing won't work out or you just don't use the pump. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • lol. i have no idea, but this is super funny to me. i bet it might hurt, but i doubt it would hurt anything in the way you mean it. 

ETA: CLEARLY i am wrong. good thing smart people answered, too :) 

it doesn't keep me from giggling at the thought.

• why do you want to "try it out?" you're not even full term??
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageTinkx123x:
    why do you want to "try it out?" you're not even full term??

Make sure it works and to see how it works.

• Yep, nipple stimulation could cause contractions/labor. Even when you're due or overdue it can be iffy b/c the contractions can be harder to control (they may come too fast or intensely). Even if this wasn't a concern, it still wouldnt be worth it as you probably wouldnt be able to get anything out anyway.?
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would not.  You do not want to go into pre-term labor, which nipple stimulation can cause.

Also, hopefully you will not be like me, but I did not get milk so bfing was not an option.  If you open it, you can't return it. 

• imagenlvaden:

imageTinkx123x:
    why do you want to "try it out?" you're not even full term??

Make sure it works and to see how it works.

You can always put it together and turn it on and just make sure it has suction to it if you want to ensure it works.  As far as figuring out how it works exactly - trust me, it's not complicated.  You will figure it out very quickly.

I still wouldn't open it as it will be non-returnable if you do. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yes!!  It could cause you to go into labor!!
  • Yeah - I would probably keep it sealed in the box until you know for sure that BF-ing will work for you.

If you've already opened it, though...why not put it all together and maybe put your hand against it to see the suction - Basically just do everything except actual boob insertion. 

• You could try it just a little bit!  Nip stim to induce labor usually takes HOURS!  Literally, stimulating for 15 minutes every hour for multiple hours.  A couple of pulls on your nips isn't going to make your baby fall out, I promise.  And actually, it might be a good idea to see how the breastshields fit- most women end up being more comfortable with a bigger size than what the pump comes with.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"