3rd Trimester
Options

38 weeks dr visit...

again, I did not get checked to see if i was dilated. wtf. is this normal? i know it doesn't make a difference whether she does or not but I personally would like to know if I've been making any progress at all.

I'm just upset and tired of waiting.. but our little one will come when she's ready.. 

Re: 38 weeks dr visit...

• Options
    So just ask for an internal.

Mio Marito per Sempre: Married 2009. SD is 12 yrs. DD is 4 yrs.

DS born 12/29/14

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Did you ask your doctor to check you? If it's not standard practice for your doc, then you have to ask. They aren't mind readers, you know...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i had my 38 week appointment today and my doc gave me the option of having one. i had one done last week and i was at 0 cm. i didnt have many contractions this past week so i said i didnt want one. He said that next week he will do one for sure. i had the option because he said if i am not contracting regularly there is no point in checking.
  • Options

Have you been having any contractions including BH? I went for my 38 week appointment today and they asked if I had been having any contractions and my doc asked me if I wanted her to check me and I said if you need to.I have been having a lot more pelvic pressure and occasional BH contractions. I was only 1 cm and "slightly" effaced. The 37 week appointment they weren't going to check me unless I was having any contractions and I hadn't at that point.  Just ask when she generally does them.

• Options

My first internal was at my 35/36 week appointment.  When I went yesterday, the nurse told me that they would check again if I wanted but they normally skip a week (I asked that they check, however).  From what I've read in previous posts, some doctors don't start to check until 38/39 weeks because it could start labor.

I would ask about your OB's normal practice though.  Maybe they usually wait unless you ask.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"