2nd Trimester

***May Momma's Wednesday Check-In***

2»

Re: ***May Momma's Wednesday Check-In***

• well, i'd like to say that I won't need an epidural, but my mom was in labor for over 40 hours with me and 36 for my first brother. If i'm in labor that long, they can drug me!
  • I'm wanting to do a natural birth so there is no reason for me to get an epidural. I really do not want one but if something happens and i have to have one, i'm not against it. but I won't be choosing it off the bat!
    Ryleigh Kate Due May 23, 2010, Born June 2, 2010 - 9lbs 1oz 21 3/4inches Induced due to being overdue, labored 36 hours start to finish Coraline Marie Due February 23, 2012 Born March 1,2010 8lbs 10oz 21.5 inches Induced due to being overdue, worried about size of baby due to big sister being a monster. Born via emergency c-section after having heart decels down into the 60's. Our Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a pretty high pain tolerance, so I'm going to see how it goes.  I do plan on having one unless I'm feeling like superwoman when the time comes for that decision.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • QOTD: I am not planning to get an epidural. I strongly believe that childbirth is something that my body was made to do, and when the time comes, my body will know what it is supposed to do. I won't go into all the reasons because there are just so many, but I know that this is something I can and want to do naturally!
  • As long as I get to the hospital in time to have one, I certainly plan to have an epi. I had one with my first two boys and labor progresses so much faster for me once the epi is in.
  • i'm not planning for an epi but we'll see what happens when i get there.  for now, we'll plan on a natural birth and start bradley classes tomorrow. yay!
    10 Months Old! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Very likely. I'm not trying to prove anything because going all natural has never been a priority for me, and I haven't seen anything to sway me away from them.
  • I am planning to try and go natural again this time.  I was able to survive my last labor without an epi and I think I can do it again.  These BH have me second guessing my toughness though. HA!

And I am officially TEAM BLUE!

• I am going in with the mindset that I will try to avoid an epidural. I would like to have a natural birth, but am realistic that there is a good chance I won't. I have an underlying condition that may make my labor more difficult too, so my plan is to just wait as long as I can before asking for medication.
    Rachael and Tim - est. 10.2.04 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Helllll No!!! Had one with DS for all of 5 minutes and had horrible reaction to the medication with HR up to 180's....can you say I felt like my heart was beating out of my chest!! So, No Thanks!! I don't mind having something else for pain, but am going to try to avoid at all costs. I am studying Hypnobirthing this time and a friend of mine that practices Reiki is going to be present and work her magic on me as well...I did the first time nearly med free and I'm going to do this time around too!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm taking the shot!!  I had one with DD#1 and will be getting one with this DD as well...  I don't like pain and don't manage it well... lol
  • Not sure yet. 

Since I found out I have a big baby...it's more of a consideration for me.

I don't really know much about it yet. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes, I admire those who can go med free, but I am definitely not one of them! Although, if my placenta doesn't move up, I will be having a c-section. I don't think that you can ever make a birth plan. I think it is important to just roll with it.
  • Hey Mommas! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Sorry I have been missing check-ins, our move has been really hectic.  

imagenicole4312:
    QOTD: Are you getting an Epidural? Why or why not?! 

Honestly, I'm still not sure. The idea of a huge needle going into my back terrifies me, because I have a serious fear of needles. But... then again, natural child birth also terrifies me. I guess I will end up choosing when it is closer to time. It sounds bad, but it is like whichever is the lesser of the two evils, and they are really close! And, on top of that, I'm not sure if they will even let me get an epi due to pre-existing medical conditions... We'll See!!!

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers TTC #2 ~ Cycle 7
  • No epidural for me. The size of the needle 5 inches, going into my spine-- too many what if's. I know they are trained, but I think I'll do without. Plus there are too many side effects and I would rather not get a catheter. I want to get up and walk around, not be stuck in a bed on my back. Plus I figure, gazillions of women have birthed babies without it for centuries, I'm sure I can do it too!

Mr. Gabe started kicking so I'm pretty sure he agrees :)

• Definitely! I'm not trying to impress anyone by going natural. :)
  • QOTD: No idea. I want to try to go natural, but if I need one, I need one  lol. "The prize is the same in the end!" (quote from my old coworker as she was nearing delivery lol)
  • QOTD: Yes!!!!  Most definitely getting an Epi.  :)  Because I dont want to be in agony! 

• Heck yes I'm getting the epidural!!!  Why have pain if you don't have to??? 
  • I know myself and I know I dont do good with pain so I am planning on getting an epi...I also want to be able to enjoy the whole birth and without pain I think it will be better !!

UPDATING: TEAM PINK for us !!

• QOTD: I'm really hoping to avoid the epi because of the needles, being stuck in bed for labor, and the possible recovery side effects.  DH doesn't think he's going to do a very good job helping me resist though.  We were discussing this the other day and it seems he really wants me to get it just to avoid seeing me in pain.  I might have to hire a doula to help me get through this!!
    Baby #3 is on the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

Also Mama to Max 5/21/10 and Lucy 6/18/12
  • I definitely want an epidural as soon as possible!!
  • imageedbenbow:
    Not planning on an epidural, but not completely ruling it out because this is my first and I realize that I might change my mind once I get in there :)

I feel the same way!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • If I have my way, I will not get an epidural. However, I have a minor placenta previa which could mean c-section (hasn't moved much since the 19 week appt) and then the epidural option would be out of my hands.
  • I wont say I'm totally against it. I'd like to try going natural but we will see how that goes!!! I'll definately be open to it though!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I plan on going med and intervention free. My midwife is wonderful and we are on the same page about it. I have had very bad reactions to medicine in the past and really would like to avoid breaking out in a rash or something while I am in pain!

However if I labor anything like my mother I might end up with a c-section so I am aware that a healthy baby is more important that trying to do it natural.?

?

• QOTD: I'm hoping to not get an epidural- and my reason why is pretty lame: I'm terrified of having a catheter (bad previous experience) and my doctor says hospital policy says its absolutely necessary with any kind of epidural. But I'm also hoping to try it naturally. I may give in in the heat of the moment though!

• I'm not sure. My OB thinks I'll be like my mom (3.5 hours was her longest labor, but she was already dilated and couldn't get the epi) so if I follow her mindset, I won't be able to have one. I would like to try natural, but will most likely get one if there's time and I want it.
  • QOTD: Are you getting an Epidural? Why or why not?!

I'm not planning on having one but I'm not ruling it out. I would like to be able to give birth naturally and move around while in labor rather than being bed bound.  

• I'm all about getting the epi! Although my mom warned me that with my high pain tolerance I might have to go without because I might ask too late. Oh well either way I will live.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"