3rd Trimester

Co-sleeper leg extensions. Has anyone got these?

I put together our co-sleeper the other day and it's definitly much shorter than our bed so I went on Amazon to order the extensions but most the reviews said it made it really un-safe and wobbled alot. Anyone have any experience with them? If they aren't safe to use I will just put up the side and use it as a bassinet.

Re: Co-sleeper leg extensions. Has anyone got these?

• I think they are all just pretty much a waste, why don't you just put the bassinet next to your bed?  If we wanted DD to co-sleep we just put her in  the bed with us...
  • I loved the co-sleeper and we had to use lots of extensions.  Maybe 4 on each leg?  I'll remember when I have to set it up again soon!  Yeah, it is more wobbly that way- but it is secured to the bed with the strap under the mattress.  And you only use it until the baby can sit up, so DC is not strong or heavy enough to make it unsafe.  After having a totally unwanted and unplanned Cesarean I was SO glad to have the co-sleeper instead of any other option!  It is the easiest access to DC, next to having them right in the bed (which we also did at times).
  • I just set up my co-sleeper and I'm confused- should the top rails be flush with my mattress or the co-sleeper mattress be flush with my mattress? If it's the former, then I can't imagine anyone needing leg extensions because my bed is super high and it's level with the top of the co-sleeper. But if both mattresses should be flush then I will need the extensions. Also, with my bed frame, there is a little gap no matter how close I pull it to the bed. Is that a problem? It's a little scary how they printed "Failure to put this damn thing together exactly right will result in death" all of the the material. haha. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image pinktea:
    I think they are all just pretty much a waste, why don't you just put the bassinet next to your bed?  If we wanted DD to co-sleep we just put her in  the bed with us...

if they are in the room with you, its technically "co-sleeping". What you are refering to is bed sharing ;)

We have the arms reach as well. The extensions aren't wobbly.

• Aha! I did not know that, I thought co-sleeping was in the bed with you, good to know!
  • Our bed is low enough we don't need the extensions.  The BAR of the cosleeper should be at the mattress or no more than 4" below the mattress, per the instructions.  I don't see why it can't be lower though.  You can glue the extension pegs together so they're more stable (I wouldn't glue it to the sleeper though or maybe it won't fold up.)  I wish you could add wheels though...