3rd Trimester

NBR: RIP To a dear friend.

Sorry for the sad post, but i wanted to have everyone think about how lucky we are to  be pregnant!

Take the time to enjoy it for all its wonders, even the not so great ones!

STORY.... 

In 2005 I lost my best friend this week in a car crash, a freak crash that was only 10 miles an hour.  Her mom came to my baby shower this weekend and wrote in my card, and I think this is something we can all live by.

"Congrats, Enjoy each day you have with your little one, everyday is a gift from god, and please take it all in each and every day. A child is the best gift you can be given, even if its for a short time, treasure it for what it is, and never think twice about the love you will have for this baby I love you and miss you."

Love always your best friend, Hollie XOXOXO

She wrote more but she made it seem like it was words that would have come from Hollie, and it really makes me take a step back, and be so thankful for this pregnancy. 

I wanted to give everyone something to live by... In the words of Hollie, after her sister died 16 months before she did.

"Kiss slowly, Love Deeply, Live crazy Die happy" 

This week she was on life support from the 11th to the 17th. Not a day goes by that i dont think of her and have her in my heart. 

Their full story 

Us a few weeks before her crash

Re: NBR: RIP To a dear friend.

• That made me cry. Thank you, now I will go read the full story. T&P's to you and the family that lost their two angels. It never gets easier no matter how long it has been since you've lost a loved one.
    Effing crazy people.
  • Aweee...wow....thank you for sharing. I am all teared up and will read the link. I am so sorry to hear about your friend. This post truly made me more grateful.
  • Loading the player...
  • If you've done nothing else today, you have given alot of people some very need perspective... including and especially me.

Thank you for that.

• I was doing good till i read what everyone else wrote! LOL!

I just wanted to try to touch a few hearts today with the message of her and her family! 

Thank you for the thoughs and prayers! 

Really an amazing family, and im so blessed to have her Mum and dad in my life! 

• I have been going thru something very similar. I'm sad that certain people who I still love dearly are no longer here to be a physical part of my daughters life, but their love for life is something I hope to be able to instill in Ella.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing with us!! I'm in tears at the doctors office!
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I'm sorry for your loss. It is always hard to share these stories. I lost my little brother when he was 19. And I changed in a way that is unknown to people that have not experianced a loss like that. You end up joining a group of people that are enlightened about what is really important in life.

I think it was a wonderful card that her mother gave you.

Thanks for sharing!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you for sharing that. It made me cry and reminded me of just how lucky and blessed I really am.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"