Infertility
Options

How long after Laparoscopy before you can start IVF and...

How long after a laparoscopy before you start an IVF cycle (specifically if you had tube(s) removed)

and

If you had a lap, when during your AF cycle did they schedule it (or did it matter).

As always, that you in advance ladies :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How long after Laparoscopy before you can start IVF and...

• Options

I'm not sure about the first question as I have an appointment with my RE to go over when we can start cycling (I had my lap on 12/31).

As for Q #2 - my OB said as long as I didn't have AF it didn't matter when it was in my cycle. He actually put me on progesterone for about 5 days so that I didn't start my period until after surgery.

• Options
    imageanangelbug:

How long after a laparoscopy before you start an IVF cycle (specifically if you had tube(s) removed)

and

If you had a lap, when during your AF cycle did they schedule it (or did it matter).

As always, that you in advance ladies :)

My lap (removed one tube) was scheduled for CD 17.  I'm not sure that it matters, though.  My RE likes to wait 2 cyles after a salpingectomy before starting an IVF cycle.

DS #1 on the way after 2 cycles of ART (IVF+FET) EDD 7/3/11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had my tubes removed in May, and began Lupron for my IVF cycle in early July.  DH and I both had to do some additional testing before we could get started, so that may have delayed it.  My OB was more concerned with waiting than my RE, and I think she said 8-12 weeks from surgery to ET was desirable.  GL to you.
    After 3 years, 3 losses, and 3 IVF's, our little girls have arrived! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Zoo
  • Options
    I didn't have my tubes removed. My lap was on July 20th. I started suppression on August 24th. My transfer was scheduled for September 24th (I didn't make it to transfer because I ovulated too early.) I can't remember what cd I was on, but the RE either performed it before cd10 or placed me on bcp to keep my lining from building up. Good luck!
    TTC since July 2008 RE Consult 1/09, dx MFI Unmedicated IUI 4/09 BFN Injectable IUI 5/09 BFN Hysteroscopy 7/09 All clear 0.5 IVF 9/09 Canceled due to early ovulation 1st IVF 11/09 trans 2 BFN 2nd IVF 2/10 trans 2, froze 6 BFN Dx PCOS 3/10 1st FET 4/10 BFN Uterine biopsy and genetic testing 7/10 all clear 2nd FET 9/10 BFN 3rd FET 11/10 BFN New RE 1/12 3rd IVF underway
  • Options
    had a hysteroscopy at the same time. I had to take 2 months off to heal.
    Beautiful Miracle Baby lost at 21 weeks due to pre-term labor and incompetent cervix. FET#1 BFN, FET#2 BFP, early loss. FET#3 BFN. IVF#2 BFFN. FET #4 BFP after removing bilateral hydrosalpinx and 3 months of lupron depot. Sticky Bun is here!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I can't help you on your first question.  I had my lap scheduled for CD8.  My RE wanted it done early in your cycle, between CD6-10 I believe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"