Babies: 9 - 12 Months

pronunciation of Chicco

ok....i felt like such an idiot.  i was at buy buy baby and was asking for them to get me a chicco highchair from the back.  i have always pronounced it CHEEKO.  well, apparently it is pronounced KEEKO.  not only did the guy who got me the high chair pronounce it that way, but the cashier said the same thing.  how have you been pronouncing it?

Re: pronunciation of Chicco

• you aren't alone - I thought it was Cheeko too
  • I've always pronounced it chee-ko as well.  Whoops!
  • Loading the player...
  • same here.  cheek-o.  whatevs.  it's like etsy-how do you pronounce that?  et-see? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I remember this discussion on the tri boards and didn't know it either.  I don't have anything of theirs so I never have to say it. lol
  • imageJen&Carl:
    same here.  cheek-o.  whatevs.  it's like etsy-how do you pronounce that?  et-see? 

yes...i would pronounce it "et-see."  how else would it be pronounced?

• apparently it's kee-co.  Hubs and I got a huge lecture from the BRU guy when we were baby shopping for Mads back in the day.  Annoying!
  • imageSoHopeful:

imageJen&Carl:
    same here.  cheek-o.  whatevs.  it's like etsy-how do you pronounce that?  et-see? 

yes...i would pronounce it "et-see."  how else would it be pronounced?

I've heard a lot of different variations. 

• I've always read it as CHEEK-o.  I'm sure that's the way that 99% of people who don't work at a baby store pronounce it!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagejolis_petits_bijoux:
    I've always read it as CHEEK-o.  I'm sure that's the way that 99% of people who don't work at a baby store pronounce it!

Or people who are or speak Italian. ;)

• It's an Italian company and the ch sound in Italian is pronounced as a hard c. So it is pronounced key-ko. 
  • People often mispronounce Britax and Medela as well. 

Britax should be pronounced Brye-tax (long 'i' sound)

Medela should be pronounced Med-EE-lah.

JTLYK. 

• the store ppl were right it's Keeko believe me ;)
  • I heard Key-co early on, so I have always said it that way. I just recently watched a Britax video and learned the way it is pronounced.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"