Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

My non-mom friends keep saying

They want to come visit the baby, but they never do.

They met her briefly in the hospital when she was a squinchy little newborn, but not since. 

It kind of makes me sad. I know they just don't get it though. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My non-mom friends keep saying

• Options
    When I had my first baby and my non-mommy friends came to visit it was super awkward. I only saw them a few times after that and it's been almost 5 yrs!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    They'll come around.  Babies are so much more fun for everyone when they are mobile.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know how you feel... I haven't seen my BFF except for once since I had DD. She and her FI came over on their way back to his place from hers (they live a 2hr drive apart) one night for like half an hour, and that was it.. she was only a couple weeks old at most at the time, I think. We were supposed to get together in November, but that never happened (she had car issues, and her phone died, etc etc etc...) And we almost never talk on MSN anymore... since I got married, it's like we never have anything to talk about... we don't have as much in common anymore, and we find it hard to relate to each other. I haven't really seen any of my other friends since the wedding, either (we got married in August, so it hasn't been like YEARS or anything, but still...).
  • Options
    I know how you feel! my friends keep asking when they can meet my LO but don't come over I don't know if they are waiting for me to drive to them so they can see her? I live about 45mins to an hour and 20 away! why can they come out here?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Some of my friends said they hadn't come around before because they didn't want to intrude in our mommy/daddy bonding time and wanted to give us time to adjust.  Also, keep in mind that as excited as you are with your baby your friends will not be as excited to see her.  Granted they will want to eventually see her but their excitement won't match yours hence why they probably haven't come around yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a couple of friends like this.  They came briefly while I was in the hospital, but not since.  I've managed to spend a little time with them since he's been born, but not with him.  My dh is very good at understanding I need some "girl" time every now and then.  I just try to remember that just because I am home on leave, doesn't mean that they are--they are all busy too.
  • Options
    I feel the same way... although they didn't even visit in the hospital.
  • Options
    im in the same boat!?
  • Options

i had this issue and it made me super sad. finally (at my moms prompting), if people asked when they could come instead of saying something like "whenever",  i would say a day and/or time....and they came!  i even invited a few people (giving a specific day & time) saying that i really wanted them to meet henry.

henry was born @home, so it was even worse for me because nobody knew how to deal with "visiting hours", so they just didn't come! 

Hatching the Hawks
    Hatching the Hawks
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow I have an opposite prob.  It seems like everytime I turn around someone wants to visit including our non-parent friends (some of which don't seem to understand that we are in no position to entertain).  I am exhausted and I'm rarely clean, I really don't feel like dealing with a bunch of visitors to who want to come and hang out.  My DH would keep setting times and inviting them over and I couldn't even remember when it was so I told him no more entertaining or commitments for a little while.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagenickicl:
    Wow I have an opposite prob.  It seems like everytime I turn around someone wants to visit including our non-parent friends (some of which don't seem to understand that we are in no position to entertain).  I am exhausted and I'm rarely clean, I really don't feel like dealing with a bunch of visitors to who want to come and hang out.  My DH would keep setting times and inviting them over and I couldn't even remember when it was so I told him no more entertaining or commitments for a little while.

Yeah, this is us.  Exhausting. 

• Options
    imageiheartinky:

imagenickicl:

Yeah, this is us.  Exhausting. 

I agree. It's nice to see people sometimes but at some point I'm like....won't you all just go home??? It's so tiring!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"