Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

What does you 15-16 month old menu look like?

DS is somewhat of a picky eater. Loves cream of wheat, peas, carrots, spaghetti and mac and cheese. He'll snack on yogurt, goldfish crackers and applesauce. He refuses meat unless its baby food. We've tried a variety of foods, but so far very limited in what he'll actually eat and not spit out. He refuses juice (not a bad thing in my opinion), but has water in his sippy with every meal, and drinks 18-20 oz. of whole milk a day.

I'm going to talk to his pedi at his check up on Monday about a daily vitamin, because I just don't think he's getting all of the nutrients he should be getting in his diet. 

Just curious what other LOs DS's age are eating. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What does you 15-16 month old menu look like?

• DS gets a vitamin.

He will eat mac and cheese, cheese cubes, mandrain oranges, banana, oatmeal, cheerios, puffs, chicken nugget, toast, crackers, cookies and will take a few bites of what I am eating for dinner. He will try a lot of foods, but then will not like them and literally spit them out. Drinks about 15 oz whole milk a day. Water in a sippy.

• His diet looks pretty similar to mine, minus the sweets :) 

For example tonight, we had pot roast, salad & carrots.  DS got pot roast, carrots & grapes since he can't chew salad yet.  A healthy alternative.  I mean was there food left over on his plate?  Yes, but I let him pick at it and eat what he wants.  And although it doesn't look like he ate a lot he is a chunky boy and I just started a liquid vitamin this morning just incase.

I honestly don't have or know a list of foods he won't eat because I continue to give it to him regardless.  One day he might decide to pick that item up and eat it and I want to be ready :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • my daughter's menu has been limited lately (by her choice) and my ped isn't concerned at all...all toddlers go through it and as long as she's growing steadily he has no worries.

her favorites are:  yogurt, pancakes/waffles, cheese, bananas, mango, applesauce, pears, peaches, mac n cheese, pretty much anything with sauce and mozzarella (lasagna, pasta, chicken parm, etc), cucumbers, turkey meatballs, french fries (including sweet potato)

she's not a veggie fan and also has issues with certain meats.  she doesn't drink juice...only water, and about 16 oz. of organic whole milk a day.

i try EVERYTHING...every day is a crapshoot.  but i don't worry about it.  she's eating!

• Breakfast usually: Frozen french toast with fruit slices, Pancake with fruit or Baby oatmeal cereal with fruit or applesauce (we have been buying and loving the flavored - no sugar added- Motts applesauce, blueberry, strawberry and peach - just to switch up from plain applesauce) usually a handful of Cherrios too with breakfast.

Lunch: Any leftovers from dinner - he will eat pretty much anything we eat cut up - chicken parm, breaded chicken, rice, veggies, pasta and meatballs etc.  Sometimes golfish crackers or string cheese sliced up.

Snacks: yogurt, fruit etc

Dinners: Usually whatever we eat OR if we are eating bad - pizza or Chinese - DS gets a Gerber dinner and loves it and at least I know its somewhat of a balanced meal.

Sippy cup water or super watered down juice.  Milk at lunch time and yes still 3 bottles a day - about 15-18 oz of milk a day

• The pedi just gave me a scrip for a vitamin for DD because she is not eating any meat and he is worried about her getting enough iron. She eats really good other than no meat.

She loves any veggies or fruits(carrots, peas, green beans, corn, potatoes, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, apples, pears, peaches). She will eat spaghetti, mac and cheese(any kind of pasta really), grilled cheese, jelly sandwich, oatmeal, yogurt, pancakes, waffles, muffins, toast, pizza, eggs, cheese,DS some beans. She drinks about 16-20oz of milk a day and one cup of 1/2 water-1/2 juice and usually one cup of water.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Breakfast - Yogurt, oatmeal, waffles, french toast, pancakes, eggs, bananas, strawberries, peaches, pears, blueberries, mandarin oranges, cheerios

Lunch and Dinner - Turkey, ham, cheese, grilled cheese, cheese quesadillas, jelly sandwhich, chicken nuggets, sweet potato fries, green beans, peas, carrots, noodles with butter and parmesan cheese, mac and cheese, applesauce, same fruit as above, meatballs. 

He will also eat what we're having if it's appropriate for him.  Tonight we had lasagna and he at that.  He'll also eat chicken, pot roast. And I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff.  Oh we also do those gerber meals every once in awhile if we need something quick

He's not really a picky eater, only lately has he started throwing some food.  He drinks 18-20 oz of milk a day, and water...no juice. 

• Olivia eats great at daycare. They have a chef and get great food but at home she is picky.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD's diet is similar to the rest.  Except she will barely eat our foods.  Unless its pasta, bread and cheese.  So I still give her quite a bit of baby food.  Other than occasional breaded chicken the only way she'll eat meat is jarred baby food.

I do give her waffles, wheat toast and or bagels every morning with a fruit and oatmeal (baby cereal) for breakfast.  Is till give her the cereal since its fortified with iron.  

She also loves yogurt and will have that once a day for lunch or snack.

We also do puffs, cheerios and other snacks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We're pretty boring when it comes to food. She sleeps late and usually doesn't eat breakfast until 10 or 11am, so she doesn't usually have a lunch but instead she has a snack after nap.

breakfast: a half banana and milk, about 1/4 of a bagel, then?oatmeal with fresh (or fresh-frozen) pineapple, apple or pear, banana, and blueberries.?

snack is usually a yo baby and some banana or orange or grapes

dinner is usually green or orange with another cup of milk. Green: a mix of avocado, green beans, zucchini, peas, and aspargus. Orange: sweet potato, carrots, squash. She'll get some fish and some tofu or sometimes a veggies burger. She'll get a little meat here or there but it's not always in her meal.?

If what we're eating is healthy, she'll eat what we're having but we try to keep it veggie heavy for her.?

• Ds' menu is similar to all previous posters'.  Lately I have been hiding veggies in other foods to make sure he gets enough.  For example, he will eat almost anything smothered in spaghetti sauce.  Yesterday I had some peas and carrots and leftover chicken in spaghetti sauce and he scarfed it down.  Two days ago I tried peas and carrots and chicken and he refused them both.  Also, the bonus is that the sauce also counts as a veggie.

I also made a few homemade purees like peas or sweet potatoes and I hide them in things like scrambled eggs (with cheese) and quesadillas.  I try and retry foods several times even if he has refused it before.  He also seems to be more willing to eat foods if we are eating the same thing.

• Breakfast - waffles, toast w/ jelly, french toast sticks, pancakes, turkey sausage, cheerios. I sneak pureed sweet potato or mashed banana into the pancake batter. My kid will NOT eat eggs - I've tried a dozen times. But I hate them too :)

Lunch and Dinner - grilled or breaded chicken, turkey, ham, grilled cheese, quesadillas, bread, frozen mini ears of corn on the cob, carrots, breaded fish, sweet potato fries, turkey or beef meatballs, ravioli, pizza, and pretty much anything w/ cheese and sauce. My kid will eat any kind of meat, but refuses a lot of veggies and fruit. I keep trying though.

A few things I've made for him that are my go-to meals:

quesadillas: cut a whole wheat tortilla in half, layer one half w/ shredded cheese, grilled chicken and veggies, put other half on top and broil

english muffin pizzas: toast an english muffin, put a veggie puree on it (green bean, carrot, squash), top w/ cheese & sauce and broil

citygirl's green chicken nuggets & broccoli bites (toddlertreatsandmore.blogspot.com)

• Charleigh will hardly eat anything I put in front of her.  It is starting to really bother me.  I see these posts with lists of things that toddlers are eating and I am lucky if Charleigh will take a bite or two of anything.  That said, she is not picky, she will try anything without a fight, she just doesn't eat much.  She will, however, always eat green beans and broccoli (raw or cooked).  Those are the only two foods that she will actually eat more than a couple of bites of!  Honestly she could have mac and cheese and french fries in front of her and she would throw them on the ground to eat her green beans and broccoli.  Soo strange to me! 

• Leo is going through a bit of a picky phase. His "sure fire" list of foods is getting shorter every day, lol. Right now he usually won't refuse waffles, toast, yogurt, hot dogs and cheerios. He also always takes his milk. Other than that it's hit or miss depending on the night. We usually give him whatever we're eating. A few nights ago he was gorging himself on salsa chicken, tonight he refused enchiladas.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"