2nd Trimester
Options

Organic?

Is anyone deciding to go organic? This is my 1st & was going to try everything I can to go all organic. Like clothing, bedding, food etc...is it worth all the expenses?

Re: Organic?

• Options

If you are going to spend the extra money, I would do your research to make sure it is true organic.  For instance, the lady at Babies R Us said to watch out for their crib bumpers, comforters, etc. that were ORGANIC because alot of them had organic material on the outside but not the fiberfill material inside. 

Major retailers are selling organic these days (walmart, target) so that will probably help keep costs down.   I did about 30% organic I would say with my first.  

• Options
    That's a great idea, I will look into it. I did notice alot of organic options at Target & Babies R Us. Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am going to do organic for food and make my own. I'm buying into a CSA (a share in a farm) and will get fresh veggies weekly for 20 weeks that I will use to make baby food. As for everything else, probably not. It's just too difficult and I plan to buy used baby clothes for the first year or two to cut down on costs - babies just grow out of clothes too quickly to spend a lot of money on new clothes.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We'll be getting some organic things as we go but, like the other poster, I can't justify the cost for alot of baby clothes. 
  • Options
    We do as much food as we can organic. DSs bedding and mattress was organic as well. Clothes though were not all organic...just too expensive. I figured better to have what goes in him wholsome than loose a fortune on clothes he wears a couple of times. If you stress that you like organic things on the notes in your registry, people will get you organic things...at least mine did
  • Options

I mostly stick to food that's organic and/or local.

If you google Dirty Dozen/Clean Fifteen, you'll find a pretty good list of what you really should spend your $ on for organic (grapes) and what's more of a waste (bananas, oranges).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'd like to do a few things organic but I know we cant afford that much

Hopefully our LO will will be ok!!  Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageblckwhtyllwgirl:
    I am going to do organic for food and make my own. I'm buying into a CSA (a share in a farm) and will get fresh veggies weekly for 20 weeks that I will use to make baby food. As for everything else, probably not. It's just too difficult and I plan to buy used baby clothes for the first year or two to cut down on costs - babies just grow out of clothes too quickly to spend a lot of money on new clothes.

me too...my neighborhood does the CSA every year:)  i think the new grandparents will buy us a bunch of new clothes, but i am aiming for using this great consignment shop around the corner for kids clothes...as long as you have the staples (onesies, sox, diapers, etc) then the rest are fine to be used. 

we are also using cloth diapers (bum genius i think) to cut down on waste in landfills since they last from newborn to 30 pounds...better to buy 30 cloth diapers than use 70,000 disposable diapers:)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"