Toddlers: 24 Months+

Poll: great baby name you can't use

1235»

Re: Poll: great baby name you can't use

• I love the sound of Ethan Allen ...it goes well with our last name too... but I know he'd be made fun of because of the furniture store. I suppose I could find an alternate middle name ... but Allen is my maiden name and my husband's middle name ... it just seems so perfect.

I also love the names Emily and Emma, but they have become so popular ... especially after Rachel used the name Emma on Friends.  I would hate to have my child experience what I did .... everyone named their daughters Jennifer in 1975.  It was ridiculous!

There is also a whole list of names I don't want to use because of children I have known, either through teaching or through my Mother's Family DayCare Center.  Nicholas is a huge no-no in my family, after the daycare kid Nicholas picked up our kitten by the tail and swung her around (he was 3 years old).  Our poor kitten!

• Lorelei is not hick....in Gilmore Girls (the WB show that is now in reruns on ABC Family), Lorelei is the name of the mother (and daughter too) who comes from a very wealthy family.  Sometimes guys don't know much about that kind of thing. :)  I love that name!!!  But a friend has already used it.  Me and my hubby agree on names pretty well.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am actually going to a lady named Kyle's birthday dinner and outing tomorrow.  It is unusual for a girl's name but maybe you could compromise with Kyla?  That is my neighbor's oldest daughter. 
  •  

Nicholas. It's an ex's name. Also I have absolutely loved the name Aiden for years (before it was really popular) but refuse to use it now since every third baby boy born recently is named Aiden. I don't want my son to go to school and have six other people with his name in his class. 

• I wanted Ihsan for DS, but it's a tongue-twister for non-Arabic speakers. Dang.
  • I have always wanted to name my little boy Harry after my grandfather.  Unfortunately I married someone with the last name Baier...ridiculous!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I love the name Grayson, but it is already taken by a close friend's child
  • I've always loved Peter, but my in-laws have a little ratty dog named Petey that they're all crazy about (I hate the thing).  Ruined that one for me!
  • I've always really really liked the name Peter for a little boy, but our last name is Griffin..... Curse you Family Guy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Jessica.

Such a pretty name, but I went to school with the world's biggest B*TCH and that was her name. She was so mean- to me and to everyone else. She was fake, and still is.

• Being a teacher pretty much all of the names I loved have been nixed lol 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sean.  Like the name.  Was an ex in college.  Not comfortable with the name on my child.
  • This is our first baby.  If it's a girl it will be Ever Raine (Erin/Evan).  It has all the letters of our first names, combined.  If it's a boy, it may just be Evan for him, we haven't gotten that far yet!
  • I always loved the name Eden for a girl but then my cousin named her daughter that just a couple of years ago.
  • We would like to have the name Lillian if we have a girl BUT TWO of our relatives took that name when we were expecting back in 2006...now if we have a girl when we concieve this time i can't use it...grrrrrrr
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • READ2ME...

My great grandmothers name was Charlotte with nickname Lottie... i LOVE it.  :)

• I love the names Myles and Meryl, but neither work with our last name.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"