3rd Trimester

Think I just lost my mucus plug

I just went to the bathroom here at work and had tons of eggwhite discharge. Does that sound like it? Also, I have been having BH all weekend and cramps. Thank goodness I started half days at work today.

Re: Think I just lost my mucus plug

• It usually has brown streaks in it
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Usually there's something in it like brown, red or pink edging or streak(s). It can be the start of it though. From what I've read, the MP (bloody show) can come out in pieces usually with the eggwhite discharge but some women it can take a while.

I say that b/c I'm certain I lost mine last week and have had periodic eggwhite discharge too- if only it wasn't from random sneezing bouts that forced it out, weird. :)

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies...maybe it is the start of it then.  Yeah, I know what you mean about the forcing it out thing...happened when I was going #2...sorry if TMI. 
  • Ok, so now that we're talking about this, i think i lost mine yesterday - it was brownish and had the consistency of rubbery snot instead of like creamy discharge (so gross, TMI, sorry).  Is THAT it?
  • haha, haven't lost mine yet but my best friend said hers looked like hair gel.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For me, there has always been a clear difference between my mucus plug shedding and "bloody show". With my mucus plug, it's just massive amounts of snot-like discharge, and never directly related to labor (I've been losing it for about two weeks already). By the time my mucus plug was tinged with blood (bloody show), labor was imminent.I know that they are sometimes referred to as the same thing, but they were clearly different in my case.

That's just me though. Good luck!

• I'm only 31 wks, so I haven't lost mine yet, but when I took my class they said that the MP can be very different in color. Snotty clearish, to brown'ish... Both are very normal.
  • imageMandyWes:
    haha, haven't lost mine yet but my best friend said hers looked like hair gel.

This is exactly what mine looked like.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"