Attachment Parenting
Options

Help!

Lately Pierce has been crying every time we put him down.  Like he just woke up to eat and DH put him down to change his diaper and he cried.  And earlier I put him down on his bath chair to give him a bath and he cried.  Don't get me wrong, I love holding him but these are the kinds of things that he needs to be put down for, you know?  It makes me feel like I haven't done a good enough job of answering his cries so he doesn't trust me to pick him back up.  (Which is completely irrational, I know that I go to him whenever he cries!)  What's happening here?  It's too early for separation anxiety isn't it?
Read my blog!
Mom, why are you washing my feed in the sink?!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help!

• Options

Some babies just like to be held!  Especially when they are so little.  It's certainly not because of anything you did wrong.  In fact, I think it's the opposite...he loves his mommy's arms so much that he never wants to leave them!  I can't speak from experience, but I've heard that this starts to fade away as they get older and more aware of the world.  Just enjoy the cuddles while you can :)

I have the opposite problem with Delilah.  She gets seriously pissed off if I hold her too much and wants to be on her own for most of the day.  And it's getting worse as she gets older!  It makes me cherish my baby cuddles so much, since they are so few and far between.  I wish I could just carry her around all day, but there is NO WAY she would go for that.  Boo.

• Options

Starting around 5 mos. when DS learned to roll over, he has fussed through 99% of his diaper changes.  He just gets frustrated because he doesn't want to be restricted from moving. I have to give him a toy or it would be a battle royale to get the diaper on.  He also screams bloody murder when he gets put in the car seat for the same reason. 

Maybe your LO's cries aren't for anxiety about you leaving but he is trying to tell you he is frustrated about something?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"