Multiples

Swollen Labia in baby girl?

MFM thinks baby A is a girl, but it appears that her labia is swollen if she is in fact a girl. Has anyone ever heard of this? She said it was perfectly normal at this stage in my pregnancy, but i can't find anything online about it.
imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Logan Henry - March 15, 2010 - March 22, 2010. We will always love you sweet baby boy.

Re: Swollen Labia in baby girl?

• At birth it is often swollen due to the hormones in the mother's system but I have no idea about that early... sorry. 
  • image groovygrl:
    At birth it is often swollen due to the hormones in the mother's system but I have no idea about that early... sorry. 

I was going to say the same thing.

• Yep - my daughter's was swollen at birth and the doc said it was the hormones. Settled down in a few days.
  • I agree with all the PPs. It can remain swollen up to two weeks or so after birth.  My husband was very concerned about it  when older DD was born! LOL!  

As for this stage in your pg, I can't even believe they could tell!  That baby is still so small, to focus in on a swollen labia seems so bazaar to me.  Absolutely don't  worry about it, please! Enjoy being pg!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards