Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

How did you choose your baby's name? Just a random question...

I chose mine because:

Mary Susan: My grandmother's name and husband's grandmother's name

Caroline Amelia: Guilty as charged, we just liked the name

Hudson Walker: Husband's middle name and my maiden name

Not sure about this next one yet... Hey, I'm only 4 weeks! Stick out tongue

How about you?

Re: How did you choose your baby's name? Just a random question...

• Emma Raylee   -  first is my great grandma's name  middle is my parents middlenames

Aidan David -  Only first name we could agree on, middle is DH's name 

• My DH wanted the initials to be MWM like his.  He says when we become rich and own the zig zag ranch we can pass it down to our kids (initials make a zig zag without picking up the pen).  

Husband wanted Mason Wyatt.  I didn't want it for two reasons... 1) Mason is too popular 2) I wanted a say in the name

I suggested Madden Weston and he agreed!  Our next child if a boy will more than likely be Mason Wyatt. 

• Loading the player...
  • I was watching Charmed and liked the name. DH had wanted Connor, but since he picked the middle name, I got to chose the first. DS's middle name is Dennis, it was DH's favorite cousin's name who died in 2005. However had I know my in-laws would start to refer to Wyatt as WD-40, I would have named him something else.

I will kick cancer's ass Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Dx Breast Cancer 4/2012 Invasive ductal carcinoma triple negative Currently on Taxol, start A & C in August
  • aidan kincaid - i have no idea where we got aidan from. i had zero clue it was a boys name until the 2006 name list came out in 2007. oh well. kincaid was my gma's middle name.

sawyer grace - sadly (awesomely) enough - from LOST. we joked about it for months then when i was pregnant it stuck. grace was just the 1 syllable middle name i liked. 

reese madeline - just like it. 

aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• I wouldn't really say that Aidan is completely a boy's name... My (GIRL) cousin's name is Aidanne and I know my daughter's friend's name is Aidan Rose. Smile
  • DH actually came up with Reese.  I liked Elizabeth with it.  Elizabeth is my middle name, but we didn't pick it because of that!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Jaxon Walker Christopher - I liked Jackson, DH wanted to call him Jax for short, there for Jaxon and we wanted to carry on the "J" tradition his mother started, Walker is DH's g-pa's middle name and Christopher is his given birth name by his bio mother, but it is also my brother's name. We have a tradition for 2 middle names for the boys in my family as well.

Trenton Avery Edward - DH thought we needed another "T" since he got a "J", Avery is my dad's middle name and Edward is FIL's middle name, but also his given birth middle name by his bio mother.

• imagecome*on*baby:

Jaxon Walker Christopher - I liked Jackson, DH wanted to call him Jax for short, there for Jaxon and we wanted to carry on the "J" tradition his mother started, Walker is DH's g-pa's middle name and Christopher is his given birth name by his bio mother, but it is also my brother's name. We have a tradition for 2 middle names for the boys in my family as well.

Trenton Avery Edward - DH thought we needed another "T" since he got a "J", Avery is my dad's middle name and Edward is FIL's middle name, but also his given birth middle name by his bio mother.

I really like the names, and that's so sweet!

• Kamden Anthony:

We knew we wanted a Scottish first name.  We googled Scottish names and of the list we brought with us to the hospital, it was the one we thought "fit" as we held him an hour after he was born, (I believe at that point I was exhausted and telling DH, we NEED to pick a name NOW!!)  Fortunately, we are happy with our decision.

His middle name is my father's name.  By the Grace of God, my father is alive and healthy today. We almost lost him 3 times in 2007-2008.  When we were told he was most likely not going to survive, DH and I decided life is too short for us to keep putting off having children....and we're certainly not getting any younger LOL.  My Pops was the reason we decided to conceive.  It seemed only fitting to pass on his name.  (If you ask my Pops, his grandson is named "Little Tony.")

• imagepineappleprincess143:
    I wouldn't really say that Aidan is completely a boy's name... My (GIRL) cousin's name is Aidanne and I know my daughter's friend's name is Aidan Rose. Smile

well it is to most people. lol people actually say sawyer is less boy-like than aidan and i think thats so funny. 

aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• Dylan Jackson:  My husband loved the name Dylan, I liked Jackson.  DH won.  He also liked Thomas as a middle name, but I didn't so we compromised and used Jackson as his middle name.

Wyatt Matthew:  I got to choose his first name and really his middle name.  I just loved how Wyatt sounded with big brother's name and how both names are "southern/western".  Matthew is after my best friend of 15 years.

Zane Eldon:  We were clueless on a name this time.  We had already used our favorite names.  I got online and started just jotting down names that stood out to me.  Zane was the last one.  We had 4 names on our short list.  We went through each name with each middle name possibility and would say them with our last name.  Zane sounded the best, plus we found out that it's a variation of John which is my DH's father's name...and Zane is considered a "southern/western" name as well thanks to writer Zane Grey.  Eldon is after my Grandfather and (deceased) Father...it is both their middle names.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Brendan Hobson - Brendan is just a first name we were both able to agree on and liked it with our last name. Hobson is my mom's maiden name.

If/when we have a girl, she will be Sydney Rene - Sydney is a name I've liked since I was a little girl and a name my mom actually considered naming me. Rene is both mine and my mom's middle names.

For the next boy, we will use DH's mom's maiden name (Dunning) as a middle name.

• Landon James - Right after I found out I was pg, I saw the movie "A walk to remember" and that's how I got Landon.  I wanted his middle name to be Edward after my maiden name but there ended up being too many d's in his name as our last name has a d in it as well.  DH suggested James as the middle name and I liked the way it sounded.

• We had many names we liked (Mallory, Reese, Brynn, Haley, Halle & Cameron). We were strongly leaning towards Mallory. One day Michael said, what about "Taylor" .  The more I thought about it, the more I loved it.  We finally decided on that, and it's perfect and totally suits her. I've always loved the name Kate and wanted a single syllable name for the MN so there you have it.  If we have another girl, we will likely go with one of the names above :)

If we have a boy, we're leaning towards Benjamin "Ben" and the MN will be Wallace after DH's grandpa. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mack Benjamin - DH liked Mack from day 1.  I have no idea where he came up with that, he just liked Mack.  I wanted a B middle name because DH's initials are JBB & he is often referred to that by family & friends.  Mack got DH's middle name because I liked it the best.

alternate boys names: Bennett

girls names: Siddie (after a grandmother), Lucy, Eleanor, Jane

• Ava Camille: Loved Ava and thought it went well w/ Camille. Camille is after a good family friend that I was really close to growing up.

William (Liam) Ridge: William is after both of our grandfathers, and is DH's middle name. Ridge is my grandmother's maiden name.

• We were dreading coming up with a boy name, b/c DH likes traditional names, and I like more modern names (Gavin, Preston, etc).  So we put it off until we found out we were having a boy.  That night, I brought up the only traditional name that I really, really liked - Benjamin.  DH said that had promise, if we could find the right MN.  He really wanted a tribute name.  We tried to work in my father's name (who passed away 6 days later)...but neither of us were fond of it (Wayne).  We couldn't use the name his father goes by (Mike) b/c that's also my bio dad's name, and we weren't about to pay tribute to him.  So we went with his father's first name - James - and really liked the sound of it together - Benjamin James.  :o)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We had McKenna on the list for a long time. DH really liked it, but I wasn't a huge fan. So I kept trying to come up with some alternate that I liked as well and when I said Mackinley we both fell in love. But we didn't settle on it until after she was born. (Mackinley, Irelynn, Kate, Leah, Mallory, and Harper were all on the short list.)

Her middle name is Justin which is after my brother who passed away in 1997 when he was 16. I knew I wanted my first daughter to be named after her uncle before I was even pregnant. 

• James Isaac (ike): James is the first name for the first boy in DH's family, the middle names are always different.  MIL's maiden name is Isaac and we love the 2 names together :o)  Plus ike's initials are JIM which thrills DH to no end, lol.
  • Jackson Dane - DH has ALWAYS wanted a little boy named  'Jack'.  We compromised on 'Jackson' to make it a little more formal on paper.  'Dane' is my grandfather's middle name. 

The next one will more than likely be either a Charlotte or a Andrew (Drew).  Middle names haven't really been finalized yet, but they'll be single sllyable family names as well. 

The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• Madelyn Kate: I had her name figured out when we were ttc! I wanted an M name after my grandmother, Mary Marguerite, who passed away several years ago. I have a business contact named Madeline, and I thought it was a very pretty, old-fashioned name. As for the spelling, we just liked the way this looked over other variations. Also, my name is Amanda Lynn, and I love that her name is so close to mine. We chose Kate as a middle name because DH's mother has a K name, as do our two nieces. We like the classic, simple names.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"