1st Trimester
Options

First appointment at 5 weeks?

I called and scheduled our first appointment today and they want to see me next week! I was shocked. Anyone else have see the Dr. this early?

Re: First appointment at 5 weeks?

• Options
    yes, i saw mine right after my pg blood test was confirmed (at 4 wks 3 days)

• Options

Yeah with my first I went early @ 4 weeks because I didn't know how far along we were. BUT it seemed like FOREVER for our next appt. I guess because they already saw me for the initial tests...urine, BP, and Blood.

I wish I could see my doc next week!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doc does everyones first appt at 6 weeks. I'll go this friday morning and will be 5w5d, which is good because I'm high risk anyways.

Lilypie - (fjc0)

• Options

dulch.... you hit on my next thought.  Then when would the next appointment be? lol 

I wasn't expecting to see the Dr. until 8 or 12wks.  I'm a little bummed to not get to hear a heartbeat though.  Oh well, I'll just see what next week brings when I go in :-)

• Options
    I don't remember for my first pregnancy, but I'm not even going to call my doctor until I'm close to 8-weeks along.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yep. My first appt. is tomorrow at 5w3d.
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageashopaholicmom:

dulch.... you hit on my next thought.  Then when would the next appointment be? lol 

I wasn't expecting to see the Dr. until 8 or 12wks.  I'm a little bummed to not get to hear a heartbeat though.  Oh well, I'll just see what next week brings when I go in :-)

after our first appointment @ 5weeks I wasn't seen again until 12 weeks. BUT every DR is different. and I had the worst m/s so time seemed like it was so slow....

• Options
    imageashopaholicmom:

My 1st appt is also at 5 weeks and then I go back when I am 8 weeks. I'm guessing I'll just get blood work and prenatals at this one and then do the fun stuff when I am further along.

***DS 10/15/08 *** DD 08/03/10****
  • Options
    My first appointments have been just for paperwork, bloodwork, H1N1 shot(this time around) and to schedule my actual 1st appt which they shoot for 8-10 weeks.
  • Options
    Nope.  Doctors in my area don't see you until 8 weeks.
    Daisypath Christmas tickers imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Missed miscarriage 12/26/11 at 12 weeks
  • Options

imageKellyG6279:
    My first appointments have been just for paperwork, bloodwork, H1N1 shot(this time around) and to schedule my actual 1st appt which they shoot for 8-10 weeks.

This was my 1st appt almost exactly at 5 weeks 6 days.  While they didn't actually do much, it did help the reality of being pregnant settle in a bit and get me used to the routine.  Will have my next appointment with u/s a month later, at 9 weeks 5 days. 

Hope you have a good first appt! 

• Options
    i had my first appt. at 4 weeks 5 days...then they did my U/S 6 weeks 5 days....
  • Options
    i insisted that i knew when i ovulated and they should go off that (they were trying to go off my last period date - it was a 38 day cycle - so they were trying to say I was 7 weeks pregnant when I was only 3!). they made an appt to see me at 6 weeks 3 days. that is two weeks from now. Not sure what they will see. Seems to me like they should have just waited until week 8 - that is when they said that they usually see people.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"