1st Trimester

August Mommies Group

This group is just beginning!  If you would like to be added, please post your name & EDD.  I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Today's question:  Did you spill the beans early yesterday at Thanksgiving or are you planning to hold on to your good news for a little bit longer?  If so, when do you plan to tell your friends & family?

August 1  ::  driveshorses (Sarah)
August 1  ::  barnwife
August 2  ::  mrsw1007 (Steph)
August 2  ::  ryaroberts
August 2  ::  pumpkin&roo (Becky)
August 2  ::  tracyanna
August 2  ::  Sara&Mike07
August 2  ::  Alie05
August 3  ::  EmmaBrooke (Emma)
August 3  ::  Matt'sBride07
August 3  ::  CarolEvans (Carol)
August 3  ::  alefranc
August 4  ::  MyBella
August 4  ::  kestler028
August 5  ::  peapod530
August 5  ::  247girlie070707
August 6  ::  VandRicky (Virginia)
August 6  ::  mrsferdi07
August 8  ::  ashopaholicmom
August 8  ::  BeccaGA16
August 8  ::  whatyes86
August 8  ::  willowcomar
August 8  ::  tbakken319
August 8  ::  Zista

BFP July 11, 2009 ~ C/P July 15, 2009
BFP 11/25/2009 ~ Blighted Ovum Discovered 12/10/2009 ~ Natural M/C 12/24/2009
BFP 3/29/2010 ~ EDD 11/25/2010

Sawyer Marshall ~ November 16, 2010

Re: August Mommies Group

• image EmmaBrooke:
    This group is just beginning!  If you would like to be added, please post your name & EDD.  I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Today's question:  Did you spill the beans early yesterday at Thanksgiving or are you planning to hold on to your good news for a little bit longer.  If so, when do you plan to tell your friends & family?

August 1  ::  driveshorses (Sarah)
    August 2  ::  mrsw1007 (Steph)
    August 2  ::  ryaroberts
    August 2  ::  pumpkin&roo (Becky)
    August 3  ::  EmmaBrooke (Emma)
    August 4  ::  MyBella
    August 4  ::  kestler028
    August 6  ::  VandRicky (Virginia)
    August 8  ::  ashopaholicmom
    August 8  ::  BeccaGA16
    August 8  ::  whatyes86

August 8, I plan to tell on Christmas

• Please add barnwife! EDD is Aug. 1. Thanks.

We did not tell anyone yet. I think we may have to tell at Christmas, because I'm not sure I can visit with my family again without telling!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • :butting in!:

EMMA!! I didn't see your BFP post!! CONGRATS!!!

:butting out:

• We didn't tell yesterday, except for DH's sister who happens to also be my best friend.  She's known about our TTC for a while now, so she just flat-out asked me like she does all the time.  She's good for the secret!

As for when we will tell, we plan to let our parents know sometime in the next couple of weeks.  I am goin on a girls' getaway vacation to Puerto Rico with SIL and a few other friends from December 9 - 16th, so there is no way I can do that and keep the secret.  It would be too obvious that I wasn't drinking anything with my friends on vacation.  So because of that, we decided that we wanted our parents to know first, so we plan to tell them sometime before I leave.  As for the rest of the family, we won't tell them until Christmas or the New Year holiday.  We originally planned to keep from telling everyone until we were closer to the end of the 1st trimester, but there is just no way possible with the timing.  Oh well... I'm excited!

• image shanmoyer:

:butting in!:

Thanks!  I posted it on GP the other day.  We're very excited!

• image EmmaBrooke:
    image shanmoyer:

Oh! that's just fabulous news hon!! I'm so happy for you! I hope everything goes well - how are you feeling so far?

• image shanmoyer:
    image EmmaBrooke:
    image shanmoyer:

Oh! that's just fabulous news hon!! I'm so happy for you! I hope everything goes well - how are you feeling so far?

I'm feeling pretty good, except for I have a horrible headache today, and the Tylenol is just not cutting it.  Other than that, I'm not having too many symptoms yet other than really sore boobs.  My mom and MIL both say they never had morning sickness, so I'm hoping to get lucky with that, too.  Not counting on it, though, but it would be nice!

• Please add:  Peapod530!  Due date:  8/5/2010

I told my mom this morning after the test came back positive and will tell my DH's family today!

• Please add me as well!  Right now the edd guess is 8/3/09, I'll change it after our u/s in a few weeks!
  • Please add me as well!  Right now the edd guess is 8/3/09, I'll change it after our u/s in a few weeks!

We haven't told anyone yet.  We plan to tell around Christmas, just trying to figure out the best way to do that long-distance.

• Please add me too!  My EDD is 8/6/2010!

Yes we told the family, because we are so close that there was no way we could keep the secret from them while spending a whole day together!  It was a little anti-climactic because they all thought I was anyhow!  I told you we were close!

• Please add me: Tracyanna EDD for now is Aug 2 until our first doctor's appt

We are keeping is quiet until probably Christmas or so. Trying to figure out how we will creatively share the news with everyone.

Congratulations everyone!!

• We didn't tell anyone at Thanksgiving, in fact no one know except for my very best friend. We had a loss last time so we are hoping to tell everyone at Christmas after we hear the heartbeat.
  • I'm Carol EDD 8/3/10

Everyone found out on Tuesday when we had our BFP.  I can't keep something like that to myself!!!

• I would like to be added please...due date is August 2nd.

And we totally spilled yesterday...planned on only telling parents and siblings, but DH got excited and told his extended fam at the dinner table!  Oh well...after 2 losses where we did not tell anyone and it was so hard to have to tell someone, I was pg and now I am not, I am glad we got to see smiles and excitment!  We plan to tell my extended fam at Christmas, and as for friends...I just plan to play it by ear as I see them!

• DH and I are are still excited but cautious... so I only told my mother yesterday and he told his sister in Spain.

Everyone else will have to wait till after our first appt.  on Dec 15th. 

I couldn't make this sh*t up! 

TTGP OCT SIGGY Challenge: Villains
    The Goblin King 

• I told my dads side of the family yesterday. My MIL, FIL, SIL, my mom and best friend already knew last week. I told my best friend first, I talk to her everyday and couldn't keep anything like that to myself! So almost everyone knows now, including my boss and his wife, who are like yet another set of parents to me. I just have not come out on FB yet. Stupid FB. lol

Lilypie - (fjc0)

• August 8 :: And waiting to tell until Christmas (family) after the new year for work!

I am nervous about the announcement considering I have a 13 and 10 year old now. My 2nd husband and I had agreed no children but he never had any of his own and after a lengthy discussion this summer we decided to try until January. If I got pg, great, if not that was ok to. Well here I am! Pg with way older kids - anyone else in this situation???

• August 2nd (cool thing is DH 30th b-day is aug 3rd!)

Telling family at christmas if all goes as planned

Alison

TTC # 1 Since 6/08, Dx PCOS/Annovulary 9/08, Multiple infertility treatments, 4 ovulations with 3 m/c, 6th rd. 200mg clomid with dex = BFP beta 11/23 = 218! at 14 dpo, beta #2 11/25 = 577!! at 16 dpo
    beta #3 11/27 = 1656!!! at 18dpo,1st u/s 12/8 at 6w1d = HB 118!!!!
    2nd u/s 12/21 at 8w = HB 170!!!!!Matthew born 7/27/10! TTC#2 8/12 more clomid and dex, 3rd rd 200mg clomid with dex 10/4 = BFP but lost heartbeat at 9w2d, D&E 12/12/12

The Infertility Diaries
  • I might be late in this, but can I be added?   My EDD is 8.9.10!!

We told our family at Thanksgiving after the prayer.  Lots of screaming and yelling. We decided there was no reason not too tell :-) 

Thanks and Congrats to everyone!!

• Me too please! 8/8 we told our sisters. I promised mine she would be the "3rd to know," so called her the next day. DH's sisters were here for thanksgiving so we told them. Everyone else will have to wait until Christmas! It was so hard talking to my mom on the phone today and saying nothing. :)

I'm going to make an AWESOME big brother.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Hi Chicas,

I just found out that I finally found my stork today based on bloodwork.  My due date is August 5th.  Please add me to the list.

I only told my parents and grandparents who were my support system during my IVF process.

HAPPY AND HEALTHY 9 MONTHS!

• Please add me to the group! Baby is due Aug 3, 2010. Our seven year old spilled the beans yesterday. Loose lips sink ships! Hahaha!
  • please add mrs.gardner August 3, 2010! I got my bfp this evening :)
    image BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards