Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Ya'll are some heartless...

Re: Ya'll are some heartless...

• imageHeather R:

::still waiting patiently for someone to address the facts I've put out there in the OP::

are those your skewed liberal media facts? i'm choosing to ignore those ;) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekelbrian:
    imageRach03k:

Yeah I have to say that reading that thread depressed me. I think that reasonable people can have differing opinions about the government's role in health care. I also think it takes a heart of ice to say that you don't want to pay extra to help a "Walmart cart pusher" have basic medical needs taken care of.

I'd like to stab someone with a piece of ice right now. 

make sure they have insurance so they can go to the ER  Wink 

• Loading the player...
  • image*KatieH*:
    imagekelbrian:
    imageRach03k:

Yeah I have to say that reading that thread depressed me. I think that reasonable people can have differing opinions about the government's role in health care. I also think it takes a heart of ice to say that you don't want to pay extra to help a "Walmart cart pusher" have basic medical needs taken care of.

Nah. They can just be like those nasty illegals and give out fake addresses! It's what all the poor people do.  

• imageHeather R:

::still waiting patiently for someone to address the facts I've put out there in the OP::

It was not factual!

(This would be funnier if you could picture me saying it in a MJ voice)

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagekelbrian:
    image*KatieH*:
    imagekelbrian:
    imageRach03k:

Nah. They can just be like those nasty illegals and give out fake addresses! It's what all the poor people do.  

damn! I wish I had thought of that.   

• The thought that myself or my mother couldn't afford our medication brings me to tears. I've worked hard all my life & waited till I was 32 to have a child. Didn't make any of it any easier when I got let go from my job of 10 years. Some people just don't get it. I hope that they never have to face a really hard time. I don't think they could handle it.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagecarolinag:

Especially the ones quoted from the bill itself.  Indifferent

• imageHeather R:

imagecarolinag:

Especially the ones quoted from the bill itself.  Indifferent

God, Heather. You stink of lying liberal propaganda.

How DARE you share real facts! 

• imageToosdai:

imageKimiCas:
    I'll never forget the biscuits and jelly diet we had to go on. Pre-existing illness = crazy meds.

Er, um, was this for the fake illness or a real one? Or were the biscuits and jelly fake?

Run along now sweetheart, this is real stuff not make believe.

Lovely, toosdai. Trying to judge me on facts from a biased source? Back to the matter at hand, pre-engagement insurance wouldn't cover me. I'll never forget it.

• imagekelbrian:

God, Heather. You stink of lying liberal propaganda.

How DARE you share real facts! 

I'm being all FACTUAL and shee-it.

• imageHeather R:

Actually, Toos, I hope and pray the opposite of what you pray.

Sorry Heather but ,imo, this makes you just as bad as those who don't think everyone deserves medical coverage.   

• image*KatieH*:
    imageHeather R:

Sorry Heather but ,imo, this makes you just as bad as those who don't think everyone deserves medical coverage.   

Alas. 

• image*KatieH*:
    imageHeather R:

I don't wish anyone harm but I do believe that what goes around comes around and HOPE that karma gives then what they have coming.

• imagemrsrose16:
    Wow. That was a lot to take in! Everyone deserves to have good, affordable healthcare...and they should be able to afford their meds. I feel for those who cannot pay for their medication. Something needs to be done...and for the big companies it will have to be done by the government. Why do the same exact meds cost so much more here than in other countries? The healthcare industry is taking advantage of people. 

This exactly.  I really wish the government would take care of THIS problem ASAP.

• Toos, I totally agree with you. 

imagepreg_amy:

It's awful.  I came home in tears one night because there were about three different occasions where people couldn't afford their prescriptions.

In one of the cases, the elderly man left his own medications, and picked up the meds for his wife.  He said that she needed them more than he did.

I looked at the meds, and I'm guessing that he needed them pretty badly too, as they weren't the kind that you can just take on and off.

Amy, this made me cry.

• You think it's bad now?!?  Just wait until "Obama-Care" kicks in.  We are in BIG, BIG trouble.  Things now will look like a freakin cake walk. 
  • imageGrowingFamily:
    You think it's bad now?!?  Just wait until "Obama-Care" kicks in.  We are in BIG, BIG trouble.  Things now will look like a freakin cake walk. 

bwahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaa!

• imageGrowingFamily:
    You think it's bad now?!?  Just wait until "Obama-Care" kicks in.  We are in BIG, BIG trouble.  Things now will look like a freakin cake walk. 

what is up with all the "just you wait" comments?

• imageGramyson:

imageGrowingFamily:

No clue. Somehow they know the future. Because they "know people". 

• imageGramyson:

imageGrowingFamily:

I didn't realize this was a healthcare bill azz-kissing post;)

Just wait, healthcare will be wonderful!

Just wait, the bill will ruin healthcare!

I'm lost as to your ?

• What a lot of people don't realize is that it's the lower middle class who is at the highest risk..people who are working hard (at retail, receptionist type jobs, manual labor, etc.) to support their families, but make just enough to not qualify for aid and certain government or even private programs.  Whoever sets these limits and parameters doesn't live in the real world. 

Of course I don't want to pay more in taxes..who does?  I don't agree with Obama's bill, but I firmly believe in healthcare reform. I actually don't think anyone would agree with a bill of this magnitude in its entirety.  But how someone could say that something doesn't need to be done to help those who can't afford the spiraling out of control healthcare costs is naive, blind and deaf. 

I understand that things need to cost a certain amount in order to pay salaries, for research, etc.  And drug and insurance companies are a for profit industry.  However, they are so greedy, and I agree that they are taking advantage of people...for what...in order to pay out executives massive bonuses?  John Q was on the other day and I just get so mad and frustrated when I watch that movie because I know that situations like that DO happen in real life.

Ok, I went a bit off tangent  :)

• imageShell24:

What a lot of people don't realize is that it's the lower middle class who is at the highest risk..people who are working hard (at retail, receptionist type jobs, manual labor, etc.) to support their families, but make just enough to not qualify for aid and certain government or even private programs.  Whoever sets these limits and parameters doesn't live in the real world. 

I tried to point this out.  It has fallen on deaf ears.

• imageShell24:

What a lot of people don't realize is that it's the lower middle class who is at the highest risk..people who are working hard (at retail, receptionist type jobs, manual labor, etc.) to support their families, but make just enough to not qualify for aid and certain government or even private programs.  Whoever sets these limits and parameters doesn't live in the real world. 

This is exactly where I am.  And where my mother is, even though it's her unemployment that's putting her above the income limit.

• imageHeather R:
    imageShell24:

I tried to point this out.  It has fallen on deaf ears.

This is exactly true. This is my family and my brothers family. Before DH lost his job, we were paying $1000/mth to insurance our family. That was nearly 1/3 of his salary per month and our mortgage and other bills.....well lets just say that there were some sacrifices that had to be made.

Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • i am so naive.  it always surprises me when i find out there are moms who are incapable of empathy.  as long as their family has what it needs then screw everyone else.  it's just astounding.  

reminds me of people who said they'd lie to get h1n1 shots and didn't care if that meant people who needed them were s.o.l.  

come on ladies,  this is my favorite place to waste time.  stop making me lose my faith in humanity. 

• imageGramyson:

imageGrowingFamily:

They see the future in the reflections of their flat screen TVs. 

Sigh. I am always a little bummed when I find out that people who I really like on here actually suck. Or at least, are capable of saying some truly sucky things because my jaw literally dropped a few times in the healthcare thread. Some of those "hard workers" don't realize that it's not hard work providing their lifestyle - it's often sheer luck. Be grateful and STFU.

• imagelisaroo:

They see the future in the reflections of their flat screen TVs. 

Sigh. I am always a little bummed when I find out that people who I really like on here actually suck. Or at least, are capable of saying some truly sucky things because my jaw literally dropped a few times in the healthcare thread. Some of those "hard workers" don't realize that it's not hard work providing their lifestyle - it's often sheer luck. Be grateful and STFU.

::Golf Clap:: Very well said.

• I'm also gonna go on and put this out there, but I'm now really annoyed with some of the "health care is not a right" poster's that are rocking the pink shoe. Really? You are supportive to this Nestie but not to all the other people who can't afford to even go to the dr. in the first place. Often till it's to late.

And I'm in no way trying to be a smart azz about the shoe. Not as someone who lost a very loved member of my family to breast cancer. But it feels a little wrong to me. It would be really nice if everyone had the chance to stomp out cancer.

• I am so sad and disgusted by some of the people on here. I'm glad there are good people out there though. I really hope some bad karma happens to those who don't think everyone deserves the right to healthcare or thinks they work harder so they deserve it more

*ETA this hits so close to home as DH has a very good job, works damn hard, and yet can only afford health insurance for him and DS because the premium was too high for me so we had to drop me. I am uninsured and it sucks

• imagekgrl21:

I'm also gonna go on and put this out there, but I'm now really annoyed with some of the "health care is not a right" poster's that are rocking the pink shoe. Really? You are supportive to this Nestie but not to all the other people who can't afford to even go to the dr. in the first place. Often till it's to late.

And I'm in no way trying to be a smart azz about the shoe. Not as someone who lost a very loved member of my family to breast cancer. But it feels a little wrong to me. It would be really nice if everyone had the chance to stomp out cancer.

You totally just said what I have been thinking the whole time.

• imagekgrl21:

I'm also gonna go on and put this out there, but I'm now really annoyed with some of the "health care is not a right" poster's that are rocking the pink shoe. Really? You are supportive to this Nestie but not to all the other people who can't afford to even go to the dr. in the first place. Often till it's to late.

Just want to make a point that I NEVER said it wasn't a right.  And DMC doesn't have a pinks shoe, but I do.  Just in case you were lumping in the "Heath care not a right" category.

• imageMrs.State746:
    imagekgrl21:

Just want to make a point that I NEVER said it wasn't a right.  And DMC doesn't have a pinks shoe, but I do.  Just in case you were lumping in the "Heath care not a right" category.

Yeah, I never said it wasn't a right either....

And I don't have a pink shoe just because I am not really familiar with the story behind it ::please don't throw pink shoes at me::

• imageToosdai:

I can only hope and pray that none of you are ever in a position where you have to RELAY on the government when your HARDED earned money runs out.

People should not have to make the choice between medical care and food, they just shouldn't.

I agree with you completely...however before posting something like this I would do a little spell check first...especially if you're going to CAPS the misused words. It should be RELY and HARD...not relay and harded...harded isn't even a word 

• imageMrsMoody2006:
    imageToosdai:

I can only hope and pray that none of you are ever in a position where you have to RELAY on the government when your HARDED earned money runs out.

People should not have to make the choice between medical care and food, they just shouldn't.

I agree with you completely...however before posting something like this I would do a little spell check first...especially if you're going to CAPS the misused words. It should be RELY and HARD...not relay and harded...harded isn't even a word 

she was mocking another poster. toosdai, in fact, does know how to spell.

• imageCaliflorida:
    imageMrsMoody2006:
    imageToosdai:

I know this...being facetious. Sorry I didn't get that across 

• imageMrsMoody2006:
    imageCaliflorida:
    imageMrsMoody2006:
    imageToosdai:

I know this...being facetious. Sorry I didn't get that across 

Oh, for the love! It was a quick spelling error and a typo. Move along now. And in the OP they weren't capitalized, prehaps if they were I would have realized it...lol.

When reading all the "compassionate" posters stories about scenario's they have seen and heard of, I never once read that these gals opened up their wallets and forked over their money to cover the cost of someone else's medical care or prescriptions.

• imagejen_k2:
    imageGramyson:

imageGrowingFamily:

I didn't realize this was a healthcare bill azz-kissing post;)

Just wait, healthcare will be wonderful!

Just wait, the bill will ruin healthcare!

I'm lost as to your ?

who's kissing ass here?  i wondered who has this magic time machine into the future where they can see the outcome of the american heatlhcare system.  the comment, "just you wait" is usually reserved for new mothers to throw at 3rd triers.

• I love how these debates always end. If you're against the current healthcare legislation, you are a heartless person who wants poor people to die. I am in favor of reform, just not the current plan in Congress. I think we can all agree the government is highly inefficient and most things they set out to do end up costing much more than anticipated.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My ds has autism. The laws in my state, thank goodness cover his therapies. Not all states have that same luxury. We didn't know about the available private health insurance plans to cover him until 3 months into therapy. Before that we were relying on my dh's employer to cover, which they ended up denying after an exhaustive appeals process. Basically, they denied because they do not think there is a cure and they are exempt from the state law because they are self-funded. So, in the meantime we have racked up a lot of debt and borrowed from family, thinking we were going to get paid back. So, the company pretty much makes the decisions for our healthcare and it sucked. If the government decides to rule over healthcare, my ds will loose most of the therapist he has, because they will go out of business.

I think all children, elderly and disabled deserve insurance, no matter what. Everyone else, as heartless as some of you may think this is, needs to get a job. And this is coming from a mom of a disabled child.   

• imagememclar:

I love how these debates always end. If you're against the current healthcare legislation, you are a heartless person who wants poor people to die.

Well, some people came really close to saying that, you realize.

And Sarah Palin started it anyway when she said we all wanted a Death Squad to get her son.  Wink

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"