Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Ya'll are some heartless...

I can only hope and pray that none of you are ever in a position where you have to RELAY on the government when your HARDED earned money runs out.

People should not have to make the choice between medical care and food, they just shouldn't.

Re: Ya'll are some heartless...

• Damn! I'm always missing the drama. I'll get to scrolling.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree. and I've done it. I always chose food :P
  • Loading the player...
  • Toosdai, didn't you know that it is NOT a basic right?  Who cares if a Walmart worker gets sick?  That's what they deserve for working at Walmart and living off the government.

Confused 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Seriously... I'm so disgusted at some (or mainly just one or two) or these people.

I work at a pharmacy, and I see the looks on some of the people's faces when they hear the prices of their meds, and tell me that they will have to wait for the blood pressure meds or insulin or whatever, because they can't afford it this time.

F-cking awful.  And most of these people are elderly.  Or they can't afford to make their COBRA payments.

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageToosdai:

I can only hope and pray that none of you are ever in a position where you have to RELAY on the government when your HARDED earned money runs out.

People should not have to make the choice between medical care and food, they just shouldn't.

If I saw her type that word instead of RELY one more time I was going to burst a blood vessel!!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • ah, jesus.  get a job.
  • image*Bre*:
    I agree. and I've done it. I always chose food :P

Yep.  I'm choosing food right now.  I wouldn't be able to afford groceries or rent if I had insurance.  DH's job sucks and they don't cover spouses.  They don't cover kids either... we're lucky we can pay completely out of pocket for his premium.

• This country has very high taxes. Where do we stop?
  • imagethe_mulva:
    ah, jesus.  get a job.

F*ck off.

• imagethe_mulva:
    ah, jesus.  get a job.

We're working on that in our household.  Are you offering one?  Because that would be swell.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageToosdai:

imagethe_mulva:
    ah, jesus.  get a job.

F*ck off.

ha!!

• after last nights diet pill drama, and tonights heartlessness, there is one nestie who i have put on my bsc list. i would really like to confer w/lanie about now to see if she would have predicted this.... 

• The whole thing is so sad to me.  :(  Even if my taxes doubled, we'd still be paying less than we currently do now for healthcare per year.  We are SO FORTUNATE to be able to afford good insurance to keep us well. 

My brother (who is severely delayed) has a job working at a local grocery store.  After a year of working there they finally gave him insurance.  It has a lifetime cap of $100,000.  He broke his ankle this year, needed surgery, and after a number of complications, he is close to reaching his lifetime cap.  This is no way to treat a human being.  My parents are paying more than their mortgage payment was to insure themselves and my younger sister in college.  My brother doesn't make enough money to pay for extra private insurance, and my parents can't afford more than they already have either.  Watching it all go down horrifies me and he IS insured.

I know many of us have stories like this and worse...I just have to believe that we have to be optimistic that the new bill will be better than what is currently taking place.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • imagecarolinag:

after last nights diet pill drama, and tonights heartlessness, there is one nestie who i have put on my bsc list. i would really like to confer w/lanie about now to see if she would have predicted this.... 

Seriously.

• Yes, the short-sightedness of some people kills me. I guess they have no idea how fast their "hard earned dollas" will run out if they are struck with a devastating illness in the household. Much less one that may require one of the income-earners to stay home and care for the sick!

• There is a family that lives in my area who lost their DD to brain cancer last spring. She fought hard for 3 years and her parents had some health insurance but it wasn't enough and a lot of the treatments weren't covered. So now the hospital, doctors, labs, etc. have been coming after them for $$$ and they are now going to lose their house. Nice! They did everything right, gave their child the best care and now they will have lost not only her but everything they ever worked for. Disgusting!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagepreg_amy:

Seriously... I'm so disgusted at some (or mainly just one or two) or these people.

I work at a pharmacy, and I see the looks on some of the people's faces when they hear the prices of their meds, and tell me that they will have to wait for the blood pressure meds or insulin or whatever, because they can't afford it this time.

F-cking awful.  And most of these people are elderly.  Or they can't afford to make their COBRA payments.

Not sure what I missed but my SIL is a pharmacist and I recently had a convo with her regarding this. I don't know how she does it.

I recently stood behind a very old man at Walgreens pharmacy. He was picking up his wifes meds. $241 for the smallest bottle of whatever she needed. I swear he looked like he was going to either cry or have a heart attack right there. I am pretty sure he was writting a bad check just to bring his wife home his meds. I kid you not when I left in tears. If I had the money floating around to give him for it. So sad.

• I'm really astounded, although not surprised, that people can be so incredibly selfish and self-centered.  I hope no one ever pulls the rug from under their feet.  What a bunch of egotistical snots.

• I wonder if some of these nesties 'hard earned' healthcare is being used to buy the diet pills they were on here raving about last night. Healthcare should be used for that, for them, but not for the Walmart cart pusher with seizures? I seiously can not wrap my head around that ideology.

ETA: sorry about the typos, silly iPhone

The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• imageMattsWifey<3:
    imagepreg_amy:

Seriously... I'm so disgusted at some (or mainly just one or two) or these people.

Not sure what I missed but my SIL is a pharmacist and I recently had a convo with her regarding this. I don't know how she does it.

I recently stood behind a very old man at Walgreens pharmacy. He was picking up his wifes meds. $241 for the smallest bottle of whatever she needed. I swear he looked like he was going to either cry or have a heart attack right there. I am pretty sure he was writting a bad check just to bring his wife home his meds. I kid you not when I left in tears. If I had the money floating around to give him for it. So sad.

It's awful.  I came home in tears one night because there were about three different occasions where people couldn't afford their prescriptions.

In one of the cases, the elderly man left his own medications, and picked up the meds for his wife.  He said that she needed them more than he did.

I looked at the meds, and I'm guessing that he needed them pretty badly too, as they weren't the kind that you can just take on and off.

• imagecarolinag:

after last nights diet pill drama, and tonights heartlessness, there is one nestie who i have put on my bsc list. i would really like to confer w/lanie about now to see if she would have predicted this.... 

Which one is it? Ou? She's blinded by her Republican sensibilities (or should I say insensibilities?!) so I don't think she is truly BSC.

I might have to send an eskimo to Lanie's igloo to see what her thoughts are on these posts.

• imagemrsmatto:
    There is a family that lives in my area who lost their DD to brain cancer last spring. She fought hard for 3 years and her parents had some health insurance but it wasn't enough and a lot of the treatments weren't covered. So now the hospital, doctors, labs, etc. have been coming after them for $$$ and they are now going to lose their house. Nice! They did everything right, gave their child the best care and now they will have lost not only her but everything they ever worked for. Disgusting!

Stories like that seriously make me sick.  But I guess according to some, they should have worked harder?  Or their daughter didn't have the right to live?  Heart breaking.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageToosdai:

Which one is it? 

there are a number of ladies i'm really shaking my head at.... from both conversations. i would love to find out what you hear back from the igloo. i feel like i really need a heads up on who was on her watchlist! lol.

• imageToosdai:
    imagecarolinag:

Which one is it? Ou? She's blinded by her Republican sensibilities (or should I say insensibilities?!) so I don't think she is truly BSC.

I might have to send an eskimo to Lanie's igloo to see what her thoughts are on these posts.

I'm sorry, but that sounds truly BSC to me.

imageMrsTotty:
    I wonder if some of these bestows 'hard earned' healthcare is being used to by the diet pills they were on here raving about last night. Healthcare should be used for that, for them, but not for the Walmart cart pusher with seizures? I seiously can not wrap my head around that ideology.

Exactly what I said.  Luckily, she didn't have to use her insurance to get the doctor's visit.  Her totally qualified and not irresponsible at all doctor friend gave her the script.  

Wish I had a doctor friend to write me prescriptions for my asthma meds after I drunkenly cry about it.

• imagethe_mulva:
    ah, jesus.  get a job.

Are you f*cking kidding me? Who the f*ck are you? I work my ass off. I have to work 2nd shift because with only one income, I can't afford traditional childcare and I most certainly cannot afford healthcare for myself and 3 children. I have to rely on Medicaid to insure us, including 2 sons that are asthmatic. If it weren't for Medicaid, I would be forced to choose between food and insurance. How do you make that choice knowing that either one would adversely affect the health of your children? Do I not feed my kids and let them starve or do I not have healthcare and risk one of my sons DYING because I can't afford his asthma meds. F*ck off.

Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • Wow. That was a lot to take in! Everyone deserves to have good, affordable healthcare...and they should be able to afford their meds. I feel for those who cannot pay for their medication. Something needs to be done...and for the big companies it will have to be done by the government. Why do the same exact meds cost so much more here than in other countries? The healthcare industry is taking advantage of people. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Making lefse at the cabin **Scott 6/8/96** **Avery 7/24/08** **Brendan 7/15/10**
  • imageToosdai:

I agree with you here.  Something needs to be done. I am on the fence about it all.  I haven't done my research about this new bill.
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Yeah I have to say that reading that thread depressed me. I think that reasonable people can have differing opinions about the government's role in health care. I also think it takes a heart of ice to say that you don't want to pay extra to help a "Walmart cart pusher" have basic medical needs taken care of.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageRach03k:

Yeah I have to say that reading that thread depressed me. I think that reasonable people can have differing opinions about the government's role in health care. I also think it takes a heart of ice to say that you don't want to pay extra to help a "Walmart cart pusher" have basic medical needs taken care of.

I'd like to stab someone with a piece of ice right now. 

• Actually, Toos, I hope and pray the opposite of what you pray.

• I'll never forget the biscuits and jelly diet we had to go on. Pre-existing illness = crazy meds.
  • imagethe_mulva:
    ah, jesus.  get a job.

Unfortunately, most of the people in the health care crisis DO have jobs.  Even good ones.

• imagekelbrian:
    imageRach03k:

Yeah I have to say that reading that thread depressed me. I think that reasonable people can have differing opinions about the government's role in health care. I also think it takes a heart of ice to say that you don't want to pay extra to help a "Walmart cart pusher" have basic medical needs taken care of.

Well, at least she'd have insurance that would pay for her medical treatment following the stabbing.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I will also admit I haven't read much about the bill. But does it have a prescription plan?   The cost of meds is outrageous.  Even with my great coverage there are months where I have to choose one med over the other and that is putting me at risk to have a stroke and seizure.   

We definitely need change it's just I don't know that this is it.   

• imagemrsrose16:
    Wow. That was a lot to take in! Everyone deserves to have good, affordable healthcare...and they should be able to afford their meds. I feel for those who cannot pay for their medication. Something needs to be done...and for the big companies it will have to be done?by the government. Why do?the same exact meds?cost so much more here than in other countries? The healthcare industry is taking advantage of people.?

?

I'm a lurker and rarely post, so sorry if you don't know me. ?But ?mrsrose16 hit the nail on the head here. ?The problem is the fact that a small bottle of meds of an elderly person costs almost $300 in the first place! ?Or that a simple x-ray costs thousands. ?This is where the problem lies. ?US citizens are getting ripped off every day and some people are scared that their taxes are going to become even more unaffordable in an unstable economy. ?The pharmaceutical and insurance companies are criminal. ?My mother-in-law died of cervical cancer. ?My husband told me that, if she did not have insurance, one chemo pill would have been in the thousands. ?How is that possible?!?

• imageRach03k:

but ewww. walmart cart pushers are gross. why don't they just go out and get real jobs?!? 

• ::still waiting patiently for someone to address the facts I've put out there in the OP::

• imagekelbrian:
    imageRach03k:

That sounds messy. Usually when I want to stab someone with ice I throw something at a wall instead. Like a pillow. 

(did my attempt to lighten the mood work or are we beyond that right now?)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagecarolinag:
    imageRach03k:

but ewww. walmart cart pushers are gross. why don't they just go out and get real jobs?!? 

Those damn lazy mentally ill poor people who have seizures and suck the money out of my pocket! They should get real jobs!

And those mentally handicapped people who are greeters should get real jobs too! Gosh.  

• imageKimiCas:
    I'll never forget the biscuits and jelly diet we had to go on. Pre-existing illness = crazy meds.

Er, um, was this for the fake illness or a real one? Or were the biscuits and jelly fake?

Run along now sweetheart, this is real stuff not make believe.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"