Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Does swaddling help your baby sleep? Miracle Blanket advice.

I just bought the Miracle Blanket and wondering if any of you has had success with it.

I have 6wk old and he still gets up twice in the middle of the night. I know he can go 5-6hrs he's done it before several times. Matter of fact for the 1st 3wks of life we had to wake him at night at the 5hr mark. but i heard about swaddling and curious as to what you guys have thought.  

Re: Does swaddling help your baby sleep? Miracle Blanket advice.

• DD slept best when she was swaddled.  We kept her swaddled at night until she was 3-4 months old.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    'Til He returns, or calls me home,
    Here in the power of Christ I stand.
  • It's worth a try.  My LO has been swaddled from day one.  He won't stay asleep in his crib for more than 5 minutes without a swaddle, and the miracle blanket is the only one he doesn't escape from.  If yours is already sleeping that long, the swaddling may or may not add much.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • w/ DD1 it made a huge difference... 3ish hours swaddled vs. no more then 30 minutes at a time w/out. She was a very bad sleeper though!

DD2 hates it and fights it like mad, so it doesn't work for her.

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Absolutely, swaddling works for us.
  • I have no idea what a miracle blanket is, but we swaddled all our babies in regular blankets "burrito style" and it was a life saver.

Try calling the hospital where you delivered and ask if one of the recovery nurses can teach you their technique.

• If my DD's swaddle is secure enough and the conditions are right (had a good feeding just before bed) she will sleep 7 hours. I think the Miracle Blanket is supposed to be good for that (I have one but have been too intimidated to try it, and we have nice receiving blankets that are cozy and good for swaddling).

But if she breaks her swaddle, she definitly doesn't go that long. Try it out! Some babies don't like the swaddle. My DD fights it when she's really fighting sleeping all together, but if I am persistent and even kind of hold her tight so she can't break out, sleep soon follows.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I swaddle my lo every night.  She has no pattern really as far as how long she'll sleep though...  It's different every night.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • the miracle blanket is wonderful especially for Houdini babies like mine

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, we've found that swaddling DD really helps her sleep longer.  It also helps to calm her down when she's having a fit.  We use the aiden & anias mylin (sp.?) cotton blankets from Target.  They were $30 for 4 blankets, and even though they are super thin they keep DD plenty warm at night.  She sleeps in a sleeper & swaddled in one of those blankets.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"