3rd Trimester
Options

? for military moms....

Did you all have to pre-register if you're delivering at a military facility?  I haven't been given any paperwork or anything, other than the checklist for my birthplan.  Is this something they might do when I take my L&D tour next week or should I ask my dr. at my appt. on Mon.? 

Re: ? for military moms....

• Options
    I would ask when you take your labor and delivery tour. Most places have pre registration available.
  • Options
    I thought I would add that offutt afb doesn't have a birthing facility on base, but I do know that for some of the other bases, you have to ask about the pre-registration. They don't push it for some reason at all the bases
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They gave me the paperwork to fill out once I hit 36 weeks. They wouldn't let me have it before either, because I tried.
  • Options
    Are you delivering at Balboa? If so I would ask your doctor because they tend to do the paper work for registering later than civilian hospitals/doctors. I say ask because they won't think to tell you on their own. For you peace of mind ask.
  • Options

HI Ft. Lewis army wife here.

I haven't heard anything about it and they know my husband is deploying next month so I guess they don't think it's that big of a deal here. 

Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
  • Options
    we're supposed to pre-register at like 36 weeks i think, we havent started our L&D tours or classes yet, but I think thats what they told us in the OB orientation
  • Options

imagedolphyngyrl22:
    Are you delivering at Balboa? If so I would ask your doctor because they tend to do the paper work for registering later than civilian hospitals/doctors. I say ask because they won't think to tell you on their own. For you peace of mind ask.

Yes I am delivering at Balboa.  Thanks for the advice - I'll add that to my list of questions for my appt. on Mon.!

• Options

I would wait till the L&D tour. I'm not delivering on a base hospital, but I assume they would have given you the forms with the welcome packet you get and all that jazz.

But, it doesn't hurt to just ask the Doc. Whatever you feel most comfortable with. To be honest though, if you're in labor on base and just stroll right into the hospital, they're not going to make you wait that long.

• Options
    I delivered at the naval hospital here and registered at the start of 3rd tri. Definitely ask next week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"