3rd Trimester

Humidifier.... Newborn Necessity?

Someone purchased our humidifier off our registry, but our shower was a month ago and we have yet to receive it. We have purchased absolutely everything else for LO just in case she decides to come early and this is the one thing we don't have. My questions is this, should we buy it ourselves and just return the gift once we receive it or is it something we can wait on to see who gives it to us?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Humidifier.... Newborn Necessity?

• It's not a necessity, but is nice if they're to get a cold or have a  stuffy nose. 
  • If you feel you really need it, I would purchase it. You can always take the other one back.
  • Loading the player...
  • Buy it, keep your receipt and return the gifted one if you ever get it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My daughter will be 3 in March and I don't own one. I'd wait and buy on an as needed basis.
  • My pediatrician said that it is good for newborns that are winter babies to have a humidifier because they have a hard enough time breathing out of their noses without having hard boogies.  If you feel like you need it, just buy it, and return the one you get from your registry.
  • Our heating system always creates a ton of static electricity, to the point where I zap my cats every time I touch them. I don't want to zap my baby all the time, so I'll be getting a humidifier.

If you want one, you could buy one and keep the receipt, just in case you are given one later.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"