Baby Showers

How to word thank you note?

I have made out thank you's for everyone who brought gifts and organized my work shower.  There is one I need to do for a person who attended, showed support, but didn't bring a gift.

I am stumped on how to word the thank you note. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket

Re: How to word thank you note?

•  

thank you so much for attending ( coming to, making, being at...) my shower. it was such a great day, and i feel so blessed ( lucky, happy...) to have so many wonderful friends. your precense ( being there..) was important to me and i am so grateful for your love and support. thank you so much for coming.

• How about something like;

Thank you for attending my shower.  It meant so much to me that you were able to take part/share in my special day.  I also appreicate all of the support that you showed/gave (not sure what she did).  You are a wondeful friend to have/ I will always cherish our friendship.

Just a suggestion...take any or all (or nothing) that you like.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I am not writing a note to the one person who came and didn't given a gift. I don't really see any reason to. It was nice to see her, but I wouldn't write a TY note to someone just because we had lunch together.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For my wedding, I didn't write thank you notes to those who didn't bring a gift.  It is an expense for the person who is throwing the event.  The person was better off not coming and actually costing the family/friends money.
  • Was this shower held at your office during the workday? And are you close friends with this person? Honestly, I don't think I would write one, either. If I had just ducked in a conference room for a few minutes (and maybe grabbed some free cake!) I would feel a bit self-conscious about getting a flowerly note. It would probably sound fake to me. It would be a different story if you're talking about an off-site event held outside of work hours. Even if there was no gift, that would require a little more time and planning to attend on their part.
  • To be honest I didn't thanks anyone out right for the gift they brought to the shower. I thanked them with a personal note that I tailored just for them. Like one of my aunts has always been very supportive and concerned throughout my pregnancy, so in my note I thanked her for her continued support and attending my shower to help celebrate the upcoming arrival of our daughter. I always feel like it's automated or generic when I get a thank you note and it says "Thank you for coming to my shower! I really appreciated your gift of the newborn carter's outfit and know she will be adorable in the pink and green blanket." I always think "ok...I know what I bought you, why do you have to put it in here."
  • image SG5506:
    For my wedding, I didn't write thank you notes to those who didn't bring a gift.  It is an expense for the person who is throwing the event.  The person was better off not coming and actually costing the family/friends money.

No

This is terrible!  Why did you invite people who you would not care to see if they don't purchase a gift?  You are extraordinarily self-centered.  Perhaps at your next event you can just charge admission?

I'm not sure a formal thank you note is required for these situations but certainly one should be appreciative the invitee came to celebrate with them. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker