2nd Trimester

How often does hubby attend....

2»

Re: How often does hubby attend....

• DH will only be coming to the big ultrasound, the other appointments are pretty routine and short for me.  He owns his own small business and it is hard for him to leave during the day.
  • Since men usually need visual stimulation, mine only comes to the appointments when I am having a sonogram...he likes to see the baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • DH works 7:30-6 five days a week so there is no scheduling appointments around him for us.  He comes to all of the U/S's and will start coming to check ups when I switch to every two week appointments.  I have pre term labor issues so things start to get sketchy about that time and he needs to be near.
  • My husband came to hear the heartbeat for the first time, and he is coming for the us.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a lot of appointments so I dont expect him to come every time.

He's came to the last OB appointment at the beginning of October but not the one last week. He tries to come but his work schedule is hectic.

When I switch to bimonthly in a few weeks, he will probably come to 1 a month. He likes to come, oddly enough. For the big ones, he's definitely there.

• I tell mine which ones I think he should come to, although of course he could come to any of htem.  He came to the genetic screening test at 12 weeks and the big u/s, and to one regular appt so he could hear the hb.  I don't ask him to come to the regular appts b/c they just weigh me, have me pee in a cup,and listen for the hb. He would have to miss work for it, so I don't want him to feel obligated to go.
  • DH has been to every appt. and u/s with me.  He's often had to rearrange his schedule to do it but it's important to him to be there.
  • My DH is TRYING to come to everything!

He's been at all but 2 of my OB appts so far and has been to every scan.  I try to schedule as late in the day as possible so he has a chance.

• Since this is our first, he has come to all of the appointments. So far they have all been milestones - 1st appt & ultrasound, NT scan, hearing heartbeat, big ultrasound, etc. I think that he will probably come less towards the end, when I am going more often and it's the same old thing....
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He has been to the two ultrasounds I had for the NT scan.  He missed the first ultrasound because it was a surprise, I didn't know I was getting it.  He'll be at the 21 week ultrasound in a week and a half. 

He hasn't been to regular OB appointments yet because they are fairly dull (pee, BP, weight, any questions?), but he plans to go to some of the later ones.

I didn't have to insist that he go to the ultrasounds, he wanted to be there.  The other appointments, I don't expect him to attend - he really should be at work and save his time off for when the baby arrives.

• He only goes when there is going to be an u/s or when I was too sick to drive myself.
  • My husband comes to all my appointments, but he has a very flexible and forgiving work schedule.  It calms his nerves to be there each month.
  • Mine comes to every visit.
  • He's attended 3 out of 4 appts.  He attended the big u/s appt. and the one before that because we thought we might find out that day, and my first appt. 

I don't see him going to any more.  He really gets annoyed easily in crowded places and my OB office IS a crowded place.

Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Our doc/midwife is 1.5 hrs away. My hubby refuses to let me go alone on the mountain roads :)
  • DH hasn't missed a single appointment and I have them every 2 weeks. He even went to my yeast infection appt! lol its his choice to come to them all, he's very much a part of this pregnancy and wants to experience as much as he can.
  • My BF has been to everything! Even if he's out of town for work he will fly in for our appointments.
  • He comes to all of the u/s I go every 3 weeks for growth u/s.  But he missed one one-  the 12w.  He has never been to an OB appt.
  • He came to both ultrasounds and the 1st time we heard the heartbeat.  He probably won't come again until the very end. 
  • My fiance was able to come to the very first ultrasound and see the heartbeat. He was not able to make it to the next one. He came to the third one and was not able to make it to the last appointment, which was ok because it was just heartbeat we listened to. He tries to attend everything he can if it doesn't interfere with school.
  • My Dh has been to all my OB appts and ultrasound appts.  I didn't say I wanted him at all of them, he's just automatically taken off work and come so...it's been great!
  • He has come to every appointment so far, even the boring ones. I didn't ask him to, but when I told him he didn't have to come he looked hurt. He said he wants to be there to support me and the baby, which is very sweet.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • He came to our first u/s and big u/s. There is no reason for him to accompany me to my regular appointments and sit there while I pee in a cup and have my blood pressure checked.

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." - Jack Layton

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 12/26/11 ~ EDD 9/6/12 ~ MMC discovered on 1/27/12 @ 8w1d (measured 6w2d)

BFP #3 8/10/12 ~ EDD 4/23/13 ~ MMC discovered on 9/13/12 @ 8w2d (measured 6w6d)
  • Mine has actually been to every appt thus far (by his own choice).  I have to get my glucose testing done next time though, so I don't know if he'll come then.  I'm going to try to convince him to stay home so that he doesn't have to sit around so long.  My appts are usually pretty quick since we go early in the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"