Trying to Get Pregnant

I can't...

get my Poll Question to post :(

So I'll just ask it here I guess (boo!)

"DH and I have decided we're not telling anybody about our TTC attempts. But we are constantly getting asked when we plan to have a baby which seems to make the TTC part more frustrating then I would have thought. So I'm just curious as to who you've told you're ttc."

1. Nobody

2. Parents

3. Parents and other family members

4. Family and friends

5. Anybody and everybody that will listen!

Re: I can't...

• My sister and a few close friends know we are actively TTC.  A few others (like my mom) just know that we are not trying to avoid. 
    "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No one.
    image image

congrats to my BFPBs mchupie and charliebrown on their beautiful baby girls!

TTC since 7/2009

dx: Blocked Tubes, High FSH

Lap, endo removal 5/2010

Uterine polyps removal 9/2010

IVF #1 12/2010, Long Lupron: 6 retrieved, 5 fertilized, 1 transferred = BFP but c/p

IVF #2 2/2011, Antagonist: 8 retrieved, 5 fertilized, no embies made it to transfer

IVF #3 5/2011 No BCPs, Estrogen Antagonist Protocol: 10 retreived, 2 transferred = BFP!

Beta 1 = 117; Beta 2 = 299

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • unfortunately WAY too many people - everyone now feels like have an input! I wish i wouldve kept my big mouth shut!!
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Only immediate family and close friends. Though we haven't gone out of our way to deny we're TTC when asked. I think we regret this in hindsight.
  • I told one friend. I would like to tell my Mom, but I don't want her asking all the time. I will tell her as soon as I find out I am pg though!

• I have told a couple of close friends that don't live near us so that I have someone IRL to talk to but no one else knows.

** Love to UMichGirl! MrsMonica - IRL friend now - baby girl here 4/2011!! **

6/17/10 - Cycle #14 - 100mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (6/30) = BFP!!!!!!

3/17 - Payton Hope is here via her scheduled c-section!!!

5/2 - Payton's diagnosed with reflux :(

6/22 - Payton's diagnosed with MSPI; Mommy's going dairy and soy free!

8/17 - First appt with allergist, MSPI confirmed

My Blog
  • Only a couple of very close friends know.  I really don't want people asking me about it, too stressful.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Just my grandmother (I lived with her and my grandpa from age 12 on) and I am 99% my MIL knows but is too polite to ask directly.  I don't mind her know because if we did have problems I would talk to her about it anyways because we are very close.

No friends know but they ask all the time....I just give a general answers like, "Oh soon enough."  The questions get old especially when trying.  I have promised myself to NEVER EVER ask anyone when or if they are trying again.

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • I only told a few friends that I know don't ever talk to my DH or anyone in my family. DH told his friends that he knew had TTTC so he had someone to get advice from.  He also told his  mother (GRRR) about one year into it.  He made her promise not to ever say anything to me about it, so he wouldn't get in trouble for spilling the beans. (He warned me that he told her, but she hasn't slipped up yet)
    imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • #5.

"People seem to couple an inordinate amount of stupidity with extreme laziness." ~ A wise interwebz friend.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• We've told no one, but I'm pretty sure my mom knows - she always seems to know....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers TTC Since July 2009
    BFP C6 - m m/c found on 3/17 - D&C 3/19 9w6d
    Aug 2011 - SA - Low motility (25%) high PH
    Sept 2011 - SA - 100mil sperm, 37% motility
    Oct 2011 - HSG/SHG if not natural BFP
    Holy crap natural BFP(cycle 20)!!! - Beta#1 10/11 - 185 P-23, Beta #2 10/13 -499.8, P-35.7! Thyroid good at 1.13, Beta #3 10/18 5,854.6 P-30.6; Beta 4 10/25 - 39,500 p4 20
    1st U/S on 10/18 - saw gestational sac! 2nd u/s (10/25) saw a tiny fetus and saw the HB flickering away! 3rd U/S on 11/2 measuring 2 days ahead HB 138! 4th U/S 11/9 - Measured 8w1d - HB 178! released from RE 11/16 U/S - HB 180 everything On track!
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Just 3 very close friends (1 who has a baby, 1 who had a baby Thursday, and 1 who is due in February) know.  If we're not pregnant on our own by January and we start IUI, I will probably tell my parents even though I really wanted our pregnancy to be a surprise to them.  I know they had trouble conceiving me (just found out this week actually that it took them 4 years!!!!) so I know they'll sympathize, but I still wanted it to be a surprise.
    Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
    DX: High FSH/DOR
    It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
    1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
    ?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

• 1. nobody. 

People sometimes make comments and question when we are going to have a baby.  We just avoid the question and make a joke instead.

image"

Thinking of my girls - Zookbride and Mdluv...Lots of love!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We only told a few close friends... But, now since a lot of people know about our m/c... My guess is that people know we will be trying again
    ~Married- 10.20.2007~ TTC Since- 4.3.2009 ~BFP#1- 8.25.2009 ~ Missed M/C and D&C-10.9.2009 ~BFP#2-8.12.2010 ~ EDD- 4.20.2011~ It
  • My parents and a few of my close friends.
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • pretty much everyone we speak to frequently knows.. i am not very good at keeping a secret and super excited about it.. so i keep opening my mouth! All my coworkers know, all our close friends, and most of both of our families.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers ____________________________________________________________________________ *4 angel babies in heaven*__ *DX with Progesterone defficiency June 2010* *Haylie Marie & Makenzie Shayanne adopted November 2010* **SURPRISE! !ALL NATURAL MIRACLE BFP!!12/26/10 (MERRY CHRISTMAS)** ***Alexander Robert born 8/20/11, 11:01pm, 8lbs. 2oz. 20.5inches*** **BFP 06/26/2012.. Baby B #2 Due 04/01/2013**
  • We are in the same situation. People are always asking us when babies are going to be made. We have told no one and when we are asked it is hard to say one way or the other because we both want to keep it private. I am very excited and I would like to talk to friends and family, but I always have the thought in the back of my head that we will have trouble and not be able to have children. In other words I don't want to jinx it...
  • We have pretty much told everyone we're not trying to aviod it but we haven't told anyone that we are actually TTC.

• I've told just a couple of really close friends. One because she just announced she was pg and I said "maybe we'll be pg together this time."

• All of my friends knew that I wanted to get married and have kids so since I am now married they all pretty much assume and unfortunately some of them ask all the time.

There are only a couple of friends I actually talk to about it though.  My mom also knows and my SIL. 

image image

My Chart

Off BCP 05/09; TTC 07/09; 4 c/p's and 1 m/c

DOR; MFI; hetero factor v leiden mutation

1/10 - BFP - c/p 4w4d

3/10 ~ BFP - 4/5/10 - u/s @ 7w6d - no hb; m/c 8w3d

Tried many interventions:

9/10 - unmedicated IUI (1.4 million post wash) = BFN

10/10 - unmedicated IUI (4.5 million post wash) = BFP

11/10 - c/p 4w4d

12/10 injects+TI cycle (3 follies) = BFN

2/11 - IVF #1 long lupron w/ ICSI; 1 embryo = BFN!

7/11 - IVF #2 antagonist w/ICSI - 3dt of 3 grade A embies = BFP

7/11 - c/p 4w5d

10/11 - unmedicated IUI (2.5 mill post wash) = BFN

11/11 - unmedicated IUI (12 million post wash) = BFP

12/11 - c/p 4w2d

12/11 - IUI #5 follistim (2.5 million post wash) = BFN

1/15/11 - IUI #6 follistim (12 million post - woot!)= BFP!!! Praise the Lord!!!

Beta #1 (12dpiui) 164; Beta #2 (14dpiui) 514!!!

It's TWINS!!!!

Two BOYS!!!!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Only our best friends, who are also ttc- and they haven't told anyone other than us either. 
  • No one and I am very very happy with that decision.
    Daisypath Christmas tickers imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Missed miscarriage 12/26/11 at 12 weeks
  • My parents, my best girl friend, my SIL (DH's sister who is hoping to TTC soon).

I haven't discussed to what extent we will TTC.. only that I'm coming of BCP in 2 weeks.

My sister is coming to visit me later this month, and I will probably tell her when she is here visiting as well.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• My BFF and a couple of other friends.  I think DH has told quite a few of his friends/family, though...

image image

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 36 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + +Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014

• I told my sister and mom before DH & I got married, but it wasn't a shock.  I was 37 when I got married and I'm now 38, so time is running out for me to even be a mom. 

Then after our 1st m/c, everyone knew so I believe that all friends and family are aware that we are TTC.

• Haven't told anyone...but no one will be surprised.
  • Nobody! We will tell when we get a +HPT
    Keeping my fingers crossed for my BFP Buddy STL34!!! CafeMom Tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards