2nd Trimester

Sucky day! Let's vent!

Ok, mine wasn't too bad.  I went to pick up DS from school.  The door to the school opens toward me.  I pulled it open...right over my little toe.  It bled and I looked like a dork.  I tried to laugh it off and state that it's because I can't see my feet anymore because of the bump.  Embarrassed

What about you ladies?  I know a couple of you had sucky workdays.  Anyone else want to add a frustration from today?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Sucky day! Let's vent!

• Well, ya already heard about mine. I'm sorry yours sucked and I hope your toe is okay :) I feel a little bit better, because LO is giving me tiny thumps!
  • Just a hard, long day but for no reason in particular.  DH had class tonight, so I was up from 6:30am- now with a 30-60min nap sometime this afternoon.  Have company coming over tomorrow, so really need to rest up before cooking/cleaning tomorrow, but I'm nesting and looking up Christmas gifts ;)

We're considering both Gabriel and Andrew as names for our little man!  You picked some good ones ;)

• Thanks, sj, it hasn't fallen off, and the bleeding stopped, so..I'll live.  Just glad there weren't TOO many other parents there today.  *headdesk*

image ivybug:

Just a hard, long day but for no reason in particular.  DH had class tonight, so I was up from 6:30am- now with a 30-60min nap sometime this afternoon.  Have company coming over tomorrow, so really need to rest up before cooking/cleaning tomorrow, but I'm nesting and looking up Christmas gifts ;)

We're considering both Gabriel and Andrew as names for our little man!  You picked some good ones ;)

Thanks, Ivy! Gabriel was the only name DH and I could agree on 6 years ago, and Andrew is his brother's name. 

Now, with the DS2, it was only natural that his first name to be Michael (to match Gabriel) and my brother's name...shortened...so Liam. :) 

That's my Gabriel there, in the pic, with one of our dogs :)

• I am just SO not looking forward to training a new assistant through the holidays and then leave him/her in charge of my store for 12 weeks. When I get back my store will be a dang disaster and I will be so frustrated! Not only that, but that is the SECOND person I've lost (btw, my assistant put in his two weeks today, that's what I'm going on about) in two weeks! One of my other reliable people is leaving because she's about to have her baby, so now I'll be training TWO new people through the holidays. Plus I got my schedule today for Christmas, and I have have three solid 60 hour work weeks. I hope I can find a reliable assistant, because that would make my life a million times easier. Any of you ladies wanna sell diamonds?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • UGH! This has been a sucky week!! I swear I just want to flip off my gloves and walk out the door. I swear if I didn't feel so guilty about putting all our finances on DH I really would. Military BS is redic!! Not to mention that my husbands shop put him on a different shift so I only see him when I take him dinner in the evening and when we go to class two days a week. Okay.. I think I feel slightly better. I hope everything gets better for you all!
  • image sleepingbeauty825:
    I am just SO not looking forward to training a new assistant through the holidays and then leave him/her in charge of my store for 12 weeks. When I get back my store will be a dang disaster and I will be so frustrated! Not only that, but that is the SECOND person I've lost (btw, my assistant put in his two weeks today, that's what I'm going on about) in two weeks! One of my other reliable people is leaving because she's about to have her baby, so now I'll be training TWO new people through the holidays. Plus I got my schedule today for Christmas, and I have have three solid 60 hour work weeks. I hope I can find a reliable assistant, because that would make my life a million times easier. Any of you ladies wanna sell diamonds?

That sucks!  But, I guess to find light in the situation...it's better that they quit now, rather than in the middle of the holidays when you're slammed, right?  ::shrug::  Hope a couple of really good, hard-workers come your way soon!

• LOL :)  After debating over names for literally hours, those names were the only DH and I could agree on as well ;)  Yours is a handsome little Dood ;)

• image sleepingbeauty825:
    Any of you ladies wanna sell diamonds?

If you'll pay me, I'll do it.

That's sort of how I feel now, about everything.

I thought about selling my body on Craigslist, but I figured if Bun wasn't going to sleep with me, probably no one I would want to would pay to do so.

Lol.

• SmileHa!  Thanks!  I think he's stinkin' adorable too...but, then again, I may be a little biased!  He's DH's mini-me.  I carried him around for 9 months, gained 72 pounds and the only parts that look like me are his big feet and outtie bellybutton.  We'll see what happens with this next one!

DH's name is "David", so he didn't want anything too common, mine is "Annice", so I didn't want my kiddo to have anything really unique like mine (I hate my name)...Gabriel was the only thing we could come up with where he wouldn't have 5 other kids in his class with the same name, yet people could look at it and know how to pronounce it.  It's worked like a charm, so far.  Early K, no other Gabe's, Kindergarten, no other Gabe's. 

• image StarAnnice:

image sleepingbeauty825:
    I am just SO not looking forward to training a new assistant through the holidays and then leave him/her in charge of my store for 12 weeks. When I get back my store will be a dang disaster and I will be so frustrated! Not only that, but that is the SECOND person I've lost (btw, my assistant put in his two weeks today, that's what I'm going on about) in two weeks! One of my other reliable people is leaving because she's about to have her baby, so now I'll be training TWO new people through the holidays. Plus I got my schedule today for Christmas, and I have have three solid 60 hour work weeks. I hope I can find a reliable assistant, because that would make my life a million times easier. Any of you ladies wanna sell diamonds?

That sucks!  But, I guess to find light in the situation...it's better that they quit now, rather than in the middle of the holidays when you're slammed, right?  ::shrug::  Hope a couple of really good, hard-workers come your way soon!

I hope so too. It amazes me how hard it is to find good workers in this economy. You would think there would be some good people out there!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I took NRP class today for work -- Neonatal Resuscitation Program.  It sucked for a few reasons: a) it was 8am-4pm, and I'm a nightshifter; b) it terrified me and made me make a whole list of questions for when I take my L+D tour; c) I was planning on getting up at 6am, or whenever my husband got home from his nightshift, but woke up at 3am!

Now I'm awake again, because I could not help but go to be at 9pm this evening.  One of these nights I'm actually going to sleep straight through... I keep telling myself that.

• image eyunger1:

I took NRP class today for work -- Neonatal Resuscitation Program.  It sucked for a few reasons: a) it was 8am-4pm, and I'm a nightshifter; b) it terrified me and made me make a whole list of questions for when I take my L+D tour; c) I was planning on getting up at 6am, or whenever my husband got home from his nightshift, but woke up at 3am!

Now I'm awake again, because I could not help but go to be at 9pm this evening.  One of these nights I'm actually going to sleep straight through... I keep telling myself that.

I understand, that IS scary!  I had taken a CPR and infant CPR training class prior to having DS.  Let me tell you, as scary as it is learning it, it's a Godsend that you know it...just in case.  My DS had a habit of frequently choking.  DH and I were constantly turning the little bugger upside down.  It got to a point that friends would be over, DS would choke, and they would freak.  We'd stop, mid-sentence, turn him over, do our thing, he'd stop choking, and we'd continue our sentence.  The night before he turned 1 yr old, he stopped the whole choking thing.  We were so glad that we knew what to do at those times.  Better to know ahead of time than wish you had been taught when you do need it. Wink

As far as sleeping through the night...we can only dream!  LOL  You will, eventually, when the LO is a few years old.  I promise! 

• My day was sucky because I work in a boarding school and entire student homes (huge houses with 12-14 kids living in them) were being called over the loudspeaker to go into quarantine because one of the kids living in the home presented with flu symptoms.  It was just so ominous - every other period another list of a dozen names was rattled off and one or two kids would pack up and leave my room. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***