3rd Trimester

No H1N1 vaccine available yet

I am so frustrated.  I have called my doctor and the state department of health and there are no vaccinations available in my area.  I just don't see how this is acceptable.  Why put all over the news that pregnant women need to the get the vaccine when it isn't even available.  This is bullsh*t.  All my doc's office has is the nasal mist and they have no clue when they will get shots.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: No H1N1 vaccine available yet

• I'm sorry you are frustrated.  I wasn't even planning on getting the vaccine until my doc "highly" recommended it at my appointment yesterday.  There is a free "clinic" type thing today at the baseball field that I guess I will be hitting.  I hope they do something like that for your neck of the woods.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I KNOW! the news here said this morning "IF and when the vaccine becomes available" and then said two more people died from it in the area and three more schools were closing. Holy cr@p! They spent all that time convincing me to get it, scaring me to death and now they say I might not be able to get it and it isn't available right now?
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm actually praying my doc won't have it available because I don't want it and don't want to be pressured to get it.
  • this has turned into a major pain!  I ended up driving 45 min yesterday to go find it at a cvs that had only a few shots left.  my health dep had it but refused to give it to me, even though i had a note from my doctor!
  • I totally agree with you. My dr. office is doing a H1N1 flu shot clinic for all the OB patients, but not until Nov. 7th. I think it's ridiculous that the media and medical professionals scare pregnant women into thinking we need the shot right away, only to not have it in the office. I'm just doing the same thing I do every flu season, using plenty of hand sanitizer, and disinfecting my office like crazy since I work in a school.
  • I guess you just have to keep calling your local health department. I work at a Dr.s office and the health department has been sending us memos every week as to where to get the vaccine and when to get it. I'd call your health department once a week and see what news they have for you. Good luck!

Jackson: December 09' 
    Remington: July 12'
    Piper Jo: October 14'
    m/c on 10/18/13. We miss you Peyton

• This is frustrating. I go tomorrow for my appt and am praying they have it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Same thing in my area.  The next county over has the shots but you can't get them if youre not a resident of that county.  Its total BS!

My doc's office doesnt even have the mist...they have NOTHING yet!

accordingtoabby.com" "From of suffering emerges the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahlil Gibran
  • OH to make it even better-I just got off the phone with my mom, she teaches at a school in the next county over-they have over 96 confirmed cases in their school and had over 900 kids call in sick today!!!

accordingtoabby.com" "From of suffering emerges the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahlil Gibran
  • imageibis:
    I'm actually praying my doc won't have it available because I don't want it and don't want to be pressured to get it.

Me too... I just had an appointment today and was told that the supply is really slim in our area.  My midwife just kinda shrugged and said, "Good.  Now you don't have to worry about it..." 

For the record - that makes no sense to me.  Our area has been hit pretty hard by H1N1.  Shouldn't it be a little more available to people here who want it?

IMG_3932
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"