Babies: 3 - 6 Months

so about this 4 mo wakeful..

what exactly does this mean and PLEASE tell me it doesn last long. connor has been "sleeping through the night" for months. he just wakes up 2, sometimes 3 times, takes his binky and then goes right back to sleep. lately he has been getting up 10+ times. it is absolutely exhausting! he takes his binky and appears to be back asleep, i go back and lay down, and 2 min later he's fussing again. how long does this little wakeful period last? any tips on how i can help him sleep better?

Little Dude - Connor Michael 6/8/09
Angel Face - Mya Brynn 12/9/11
imageimage

Re: so about this 4 mo wakeful..

• Jr has had the same routine as your DS. He doesnt really wake up, he just fusses a little and kicks his feet.  So I bink him and he goes right back out.  But the times that he fusses again, I put him on his side.  I know they say that we are supposed to keep them on their backs.  But I still have DS in our room right next to me.  He seems to sleep better on his side sometimes, and it helps him pass the gas that made him fussy to begin with. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yeah DS sleeps on both his back and his side. everytime i go in there to give him his binky, i put him on his side though. im not sure what his deal has been lately.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • imagetlong:

what exactly does this mean and PLEASE tell me it doesn last long. connor has been "sleeping through the night" for months. he just wakes up 2, sometimes 3 times, takes his binky and then goes right back to sleep. lately he has been getting up 10+ times. it is absolutely exhausting! he takes his binky and appears to be back asleep, i go back and lay down, and 2 min later he's fussing again. how long does this little wakeful period last? any tips on how i can help him sleep better?

This is exactly what we experienced starting the night of his 4 mo birthday. It lasted about a week with the last two nights DS STTN again.

• This is exactly what we experienced starting the night of his 4 mo birthday. It lasted about a week with the last two nights DS STTN again.

thank god! ha i havent slept more than a few hours in 4 nights, im not used to this anymore!

imageimage
  • imagetlong:

This is exactly what we experienced starting the night of his 4 mo birthday. It lasted about a week with the last two nights DS STTN again.

thank god! ha i havent slept more than a few hours in 4 nights, im not used to this anymore!

Before "it" hit, he had finally truly STTN the previous week. Before that he would randomly cry for his paci once or twice a night. So I got spoiled with a weeks worth of good sleep only to have been brought back to the reality that the only predictable thing about having LO is that he is truly unpredictable. With that said though the first two-ish hours after we put him down for the night the whole crying for his paci occures on an a nightly basis so it's not like we put him down to bed and don't see him again until morning. But, I think the paci still has its place and benefit for DS so I'm not looking to ditch it yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"