2nd Trimester

21 weeks - felt baby I think.. but not "butterflies"... slightly more dramatic

I'm almost 21 weeks and I don't feel the small movements (butterflies) but I think I've startled the baby a couple times.  For example, I woke up to go to the washroom the other night and it felt like something exploded in my stomach.  It's not painful... just really weird. 

I just think it's weird that I would feel this before the "butterflies" I was told that I would feel. 

Is this normal??  Has anyone else felt these kind of movements first?

Thanks!

Re: 21 weeks - felt baby I think.. but not "butterflies"... slightly more dramatic

• I skipped the entire butterflies phase. When I first felt him it was more like thumps and pinches instead of a bag of butterflies or fish like some people have.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would describe what I felt at first to be more like little popcorn pops.  Ha...if that makes any sense.  I never really felt the "flutters" that everyone describes.   
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine feel like muscle spasms.  So, I think you're normal :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageJessyBrooke:
    I would describe what I felt at first to be more like little popcorn pops.  Ha...if that makes any sense.  I never really felt the "flutters" that everyone describes.   

I get the same thing. It feels like tiny little bubbles popping. I never felt the flutters either. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"