Infertility

Have you ever bought anything baby related?

For our PG Friends:  Before you were PG?

Me: NADA, NEVER.

Even made the "nursery" an exercise room.

I am obviously an extremist! ;) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Have you ever bought anything baby related?

• We already have a nursery set up...my mom bought the furniture for me froma friend of hers for super cheap and its practically new...so dh and i decided maybe if we had it set up and ready we'd get a baby :)
    1 chemical and 1 loss at 9 weeks prior to DS
    IVF #1 1/10-transfered 2 blasts- DS born 10/2010

Trying for # 2 since 2012.  2 failed FETS 1 failed IUI.
    IUI#2 4/14/14-- BFP !!!!! Beta #1 14dpiui= 45 Beta #2 16dpiui= 80  Beta #3 18dpiui= 88 (chemical pregnancy)
    March 2015- Chemical pg

1/25/16- BFP  Beta1 12dpo = 17, Beta 2 14 dpo = 28.. resulted in one beautiful boy born 9/21/16 :)

Now I'm a stay at home loving life and pursuing my love of photography!!!
  • Yes, I've bought some really cute holiday type onsies when they were on sale, and a friend gave us a couple of shirts. 

They are all packed away in a box that now holds the journal I started and the pictures of our first angel.  

• Loading the player...
  • I have oodles of baby clothes packed in boxes.  I have given some as gifts as the years have gone by and the ones I love I kept.
    TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My cousin gave us some big stuff last summer. We have a Packnplay, jumparoo, portable high chair, baby tub - she gave us a lot.
  • No! There is to be no baby related stuff in my house until I am significantly pg.  
  • Nope, never.
    TTC #1 since June 2008 *SAIFW*

TI, IUIs, IVF = c/ps and BFNs

• nope for me as well
  • I've never bought anything....we're afraid it will jinx things (although, I don't see how they could get worse!)  I do however have a really nice laptop bag that I love and will make it a diaper bag when the time comes - but it's intended purpose is a laptop bag and that's it.
  • I have not, but my husband has acquired many infant clothing items that say LSU and Geaux Tigers on them.

• Once... it was a bib that said #1 Patriots fan. I bought it the day I was going to tell DH that I was pregnant... which was the same day I miscarried. I never got to tell him. I have it hidden in a drawer.
    imageimage Nest Bio I My Blog 2011 Races: Robbins Run 5K Trail Run- 4/23/11 Turkey Hill Country Classic 5K- 5/7/11 MHA Ladies 5K- 6/4/11 Hershey Half Marathon- 10/16/11 Amish Country Half Marathon- 11/5/11 Turkey Trot 5K 11/24/11 Jingle Bell Run 12/11/11 Kris Kringle 5 Miler 12/18/11
  • I haven't.  Even when I was pregnant - I had so many problems from the get-go that I was too scared to buy anything.

But....

I think about it all the time.  Have you seen those adorable Trumpette socks?  And there was Children's Burberry on sale today on Gilt.com   Sometimes I have to force myself away from the computer.  I know that someday...when I have a baby...I will regret all those great deals I let slide by.  I hope. 

• I have already bought crib bedding because the set I loved was being discontinued... and it was gender-neutral.  It is packed away in a box in a spare closet.  I also have nursery furniture that my parents bought a long time ago but it's at their house in their basement. 
  • No, I haven't bought anything
    We are adopting! Currently waiting for our domestic infant adoption match.

My blog: Making Me Mom

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • Obviously, but besides the other stuff, while on bedrest for my IVF, I bought two adorable cloth diapers b/c they were on super sale.  I stupidly didn't put them away before the beta, and they mocked me for days.

I also have been buying maternity clothes on sale since my son was about a year old b/c I'd need them again, right??  

With my son, I was smart enough to not buy anything until I was about 20 weeks along.  I just assumed everything would go as smoothly this time.

I have no idea what to do with the baby/small clothes I'm storing.

I am clearly an idiot... and naive!

• I have a large shopping bag full of clothes I bought years ago. Every time I saw something with firetrucks on it, I grabbed it. I even managed to find a couple things with ambulances on them! I'm glad I did because I don't see much of that stuff now, but I haven't bought anything in a very long time. Oh and I also have this cute litte rubber duck that tells you if the bath water is too hot, I was supposed to give it to a pg friend...but kept it instead. I love rubber duckies! lol
  • I have picked up cute clothes and a few costumes on super clerance. At 8 weeks after we saw the heartbeat we picked up a few more things. DH got me the awesome stroller I wanted for Christmas, it sits in our basement all sad looking. We got it from babysteals and couldn't send it back. Everything else is packed away.

PAIF and SAIF Always Welcome!
    TTC since 2007
    6 IUIs, 3 IVFs, and 2 m/c :< PCOS, Blood Clotting Disorder & MFI
    IVF #2 Aug 2011 is a BFN:<
    IVF #3 March 2012 is a BFN
    Not sure what to do now. Sad and lost.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Never! It would kill me to know that I have something that is not being used. :(

Baby Beau
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 for 5 years - Many years, many tears 3 Clomid IUIs all BFN IVF#1 w/ ICSI = BFP!!!! Beta #1 - 157 11dp3dt, Beta #2 - 340 13dp3dt

FET for #2 9/1/11 Beta #1 9dp5dt - 153!!! Beta #2 11dp5dt - 426!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Psalm 113:9 He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the LORD.
  • I have a few onesies that I just couldn't resist and a few Longhorn baby items that my Mom bought me ages ago. I don't mind buying baby stuff for us b/c I know one day we will be using it but I do hide it from H, it's painful for him to see them.
    TTC since April 2008

Me: PCOS/Amenorrhea DH: Azoospermia due to Y Chromosome Micro Deletion IVF w/ ICSI on hold until further notice

Hope

• Nope, never. I was tempted in the few weeks I knew I was pg earlier this year, but never got around to it... I would hate having the reminders around.
  • imageMe&Mr.T:
    Once... it was a bib that said #1 Patriots fan. I bought it the day I was going to tell DH that I was pregnant... which was the same day I miscarried. I never got to tell him. I have it hidden in a drawer.

This just made me really sad. :(

IF sucks a big fat one!

• Just little stuff. A friend sent a little "My first Red Sox book" to encourage me that we would get pregnant some day. We also bought a little pirate onesy in New Orleans that was way too cute to pass up!
  • no - but we came very close once i was about 10-12 wks...i did buy the baby bargains book....i refuse to look at it now

i have some maternity clothes from the last pg...i was wearing the pants but the day i bought shirts/sweaters was the day i started bleeding....they still have tags on and are stashed in the back corner of my closet... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"