Parenting after a Loss

I feel guilty!

LO just developed acne on Friday and it has steadily increased since then.  Poor girl! (Not that it seems to bother her).  

This weekend my extended family met her for the first time.  I feel so guilty because all weekend I felt like I had to explain to everyone that her skin normally isn't like this.  Also, I really hope it clears up by my brothers wedding in 3 weeks.  I feel so guilty for being so superficial!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I feel guilty!

• Hey! I'm in Nova too!

I was the same way.  LO's baby acne was so bad those first few weeks that everytime anyone came over before I would turn her around or show her to them I prefaced it with "She has baby acne."  Ah, well.  My mom told me when I was a baby I had it so bad that once a stranger looked at me, gasped, and put her hand over her mouth!

• M's acne was so bad. Her pedi said 1% cortisone to bring down the inflammation and to use selsun blue. Foam it up and use it on her acne. Let it sit for a couple of minutes and then rinse it off. Be VERY CAREFUL not to get in the eyes, nose or mouth. 

HTH I was really really vain about it too. I think it's pretty normal.  

• Loading the player...
  • imagekatie2shoes:

My mom told me when I was a baby I had it so bad that once a stranger looked at me, gasped, and put her hand over her mouth!

OMG  

• Fortunately no one saw my LO when the acne was at its worst, but it is understandable to not want people to see her in that state. It's not really what she looks like. Don't feel bad!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DS had it pretty bad too, and I was vain about it too. ?Don't worry - it will pass quickly! ?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD had it when she was a baby and we used Cetaphil which really helped.  Almost all babies get it, but it does suck!
  • Thanks guys!  That makes me feel like less of a bad mother lol :)  It's nice to know other people who's children had it because I don't know anyone's kids who had it IRL.
  • imagekatie2shoes:

Hey! I'm in Nova too!

I was the same way.  LO's baby acne was so bad those first few weeks that everytime anyone came over before I would turn her around or show her to them I prefaced it with "She has baby acne."  Ah, well.  My mom told me when I was a baby I had it so bad that once a stranger looked at me, gasped, and put her hand over her mouth!

Oh yeah - you are!! We used to live in Fairfax but are out by South Riding now.  

Awww!  I can't believe that happened!  I feel like a broken record saying that too.   

• Don't feel bad...I know I felt the same way! Avery's only lasted a few weeks and it was only pretty bad for the first week or two! Before long it will be gone, don't worry! I'm sure she will be all cleared up in 3 weeks!
  • I'd be the same way. DS's hair is thinning out aome and it makes me sad =(

My husband had bad baby acne, I didnt, but had bad teenage acne. If you ask me, I'd rather take the baby acne!!

• I TOTALLY felt the same way when Leo had bad skin in the beginning. It's ok- I think we all want everyone to think our kids are beautiful and healthy and happy, and we worry that they won't see past the bad skin. :) But I guess that's just practice for the teen years, huh?

Luckily, the baby acne goes away pretty quickly. Hang in there and don't feel guilty!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"