High-Risk Pregnancy

~~Bed Rest Mama's Friday Check In~~

Please let me know if anyone needs to be added or removed, or if anything about your status has changed.

Here is a list of nesties who can commiserate together during bedrest. Nothing better to do, right? Share your story, progress, news, and any ideas of how to keep yourself busy. Check in will occur each day on the High Risk Pregnancy Board in the mornings.

Post back with your info if you?d like to be added to the list!

We have quite a few new girls! Welcome!

QOTD: (I've asked this before so for those who have been here awhile, sorry..) Were you TTC when you got pregnant? Do you know when/where you were when you conceived? How is your sex life now, if you are even allowed to do the deed?!

Name: jennandjt (Jen)
EDD:  September 22nd
Type of BR: strict bedrest with bathroom privileges and the occasional trip downstairs to the recliner. All meals are delivered by my DH as I do not want to spend anymore time than I have to putting pressure on my cervix!
Since when: April 22.....19wk2day
Reason: during my BIG ultrasound they found my cervix 1.5 cm dilated and I went in for an emergency cerclage. Hoping to hold on to this pregnancy as long as possible as I was given a 50, 50 chance....would love to beat those odds!!

Name: Mrs.Babbsy
EDD: 10/13/09 Mono-di twin GIRLS:)
Type: Full bedrest with shower and bathroom priveleges
Since: 5/20                                                                                
Reason: Preterm Labor, shortening cervix and baby B is 18% behind.

Name: Lucky428
EDD:  10/13/09
Type of BR: Modified
Reason: small placental tear

Name: Realisticdreams8
EDD:  11/9/2009
Type of BR: Modified, Basically House Arrest and stay off my feet
Since when: May 29, 2009, 16 weeks 4 days
Reason: spotting, cramping/pain from marginal placenta previa

Name: 2baclark (Shanika)
EDD: 11/10
Type of BR: Modified bedrest. Can get up to use the bathroom, shower and brush teeth
Since when:  5/19
Reason: Incompetent cervix.

Name:  mrsjrmiller (Arika)
Due date:  October 21
Since when:  22w 5d (June 22)
Type of Bedrest: Strict, can shower, use bathroom obviously go to my appointments... 9/02/09 - Hospital bed rest till Lauren is here... :(
Reason:  preeclampsia

Name:  Jen (Jen*Johnson*)
Due date:  October 29th
Since when:  20w (June 12)
Type of bedrest: Modified... I am allowed to do what's necessary to watch my 9 month old but I need to be laying most of the day still.
Reason:  Low Amniotic Fluid.

Name:  Francisca
EDD:   10-25-09
Type of BR: Hospitilized, bed pan and IV until either 32 wks or I stop contracting and re-efface a little
Since when: 07/7/09
Reason: pre term labor

Name: Jessica (JessandJeremy)
EDD:
10/4/09  
Since when: 7/18/09
Reason: PT Contractions

Name: Jessica-Kay
EDD:
9/20/09 
Type of BR: Strict (up to use bathroom and shower)
Since when: 7/11/09 (29 weeks 6 days)
Reason: PT Contractions and positive Fetal Fibronectin test.

Name:  mefsta777
EDD: 1/4/10
Type of BR: Modified, no more than 30 minutes of sitting or standing, no leaving the house
Since when: 7/31/09
Reason: "threatened miscarriage" and placental abruption

Name:  megan (megsok11)
EDD: November 11, 2009
Type of BR: strict - only quick shower, bathroom, food, and doctor appt.  hope to get modified BR after 28wks, but i know i won't be able to go back to work.  Getting 17P injections from home health weekly until 36wks, and received betamethasone injections at 24wks.
Since when: July 14, 2009 (23wk 0d)
Reason:  one episode of spotting, vag US showed cervical funneling.  no risk factors, first pregnancy, no spotting since that one time

Name: Angeline924
EDD:
 11/28
Type of BR:
 strict bedrest. Can get up to use the bathroom, shower( 5 min every other day)
Since when: 
 7/30 22w3d
Reason:
 Incompetent cervix, I was dilated 2 cm w/ bulging bag at last appt, had an emergency cerclage

Name: Cindy (Timmylulu)
EDD: 10/16
Type of BR: wasn't specified but for the next week I can use the bathroom, shower, make lunch, go to dr. appointment and my baby shower this weekend
Since when:  8/7 (29w 6d)
Reason:
History of loss at 21 weeks, reason unknown, but I went into labor early and baby boy was too young to live. This pg I have been getting P17 shots weekly
starting at 16 wks and biweekly us starting at the same time. At my visit last week my cervix shortened from about 30-31 to 29 but when pressure was applied it went to 27 so dr. wants me off my feet

Name: Mandy (mandyunc2003)
EDD: 11/10 (more realistically, 10/13-10/27 since it's di-di b/g twins)
Type of BR: Strict!  Allowed to get up for restroom breaks and meals only.
Since when:  8/6 (26w 2d)
Reason:
Went from 3.7cm to 2.4cm within 3 weeks, and Baby A (girl) is only in the 9th percentile for weight (1 lb 11 oz).  Baby B is doing great and checked in at 2 lbs (45th percentile), so I'm ordered to eat every 3 hours and make it fattening :)   

Name: Erica (ericacathryn)
EDD: 1/29/2010
Type of BR: Modified, but this was explained as only getting up for meals and bathroom breaks.
Since when:  8/5
Reason:

Subchorionic hematoma that keeps getting bigger. 

Name:Sarah
EDD: 9/29
Type:hospital with bathroom rights and one 30 min.
wheel chair ride a day
Since When: 8/5 @ 32 weeks
Reason: mild pre-e with previous late loss so they want me closely monitored.

Name: JustMeg8378 (Megan)
EDD:
10/22
Type:
Just released from hosp. sent home on strict BR with bathroom/shower privleges
Since When:
7/31 at 28w1d
Reason:
Pre-Eclampsia

Name:  Sara (Fusonies)
EDD: November 9, 2009 (?Oct 9th due to twins)
Type of BR: Bathroom and showers only.
Since when:
July 14, 2009 (23wk 0d)
Reason:  Hospitalized at 23 weeks due to incompetent cervix and had a rescue cerclage.  Rec'd steroids at 24 weeks.  Weekly progesterone injections and doc visits.  U/s every 2 weeks.  Expecting twins after 4 yrs of trying and 2 IVF cycles.

Name:  MrsDeLaVara
EDD: 11/06/09
Type of BR: Strict - Hospital until delivery.. can get up to pee and that's about it.
Since when: 08/10/09
Reason: Water broke on 08/10 at 27w3d.

Name:  retroeva (Eva)
EDD: 18 Oct 09
Type of BR: Modified Couch Potato ;)
Since when: 17 Aug 09
Reason: GD, dizzy spells, and pre-term contractons

Name:   mhenry (Marisa)
EDD: C-Section scheduled Dec 16, 2009
Type of BR: Bedrest while still taking care of my 2 yr old w/ help (for now)
Since when: August 10, 2009 (21 weeks)
Reason: High Blood Pressure. The doctor is being pro-active due to me having my son Cameron at 29 weeks from Pre E.

Name:  Jenn (JennRN65)
EDD:
  10/31/09 (undecided whether scheduled induction or C/S at 38 weeks)
Type of BR:
  Modified, bathroom and shower priviledges, can cook for myself, dr.'s appts, and pre-natal classes/baby shower as long as I sit
Since When:
  8/14/09 (28w, 6d), though on 8/7 my work hours were cut in half and I was told to do nothing at home
Reason: 
Contractions, Dizzy spells when upright, GD, 2 clotting disorders, and history of Pre E, PTL, 3 abruptions (one of which was a full term still born), and 3 m/c.

Name: Hipstrix (Chrissy)
EDD: October 9, 2009 but c/s scheduled for October 2nd
Type of BR:  Modified.  I had to stop working and now I'm basically supposed to listen to my body and "take it easy" which, right now, means bed/couch punctuated by 10 minutes up to do things around the house here and there.
Since when: 8/21
Reason: Irritable Uterus and daily, strong and regular contractions which seem to be brought on by activity.

Name: Meg1031 (Megan)
EDD: October 31st, 2009
Type of BR:  Between modified to semi strict- I spend most of the day reclined in my recliner, lie down in bed once or twice a day for a bit, can go potty, shower daily (although that takes a lot out of me so I only do it every other day), and avoid going downstairs for anything.
Since when: 28 wks 4 days-Spent 5 1/2 days in hospital first
Reason: I went to local hospital with a "gut feeling" and a few more contractions than I had been having along with an aching like cramps and rectal pressure.  I had contractions every 4 minutes and a positive FFn with cervical shortening and funneling with some dilation.  Got transported to "mothership" hospital an hour away.  They switched the Mag to Nifedipine which I am tolerating "ok"- but still get really dizzy and weak a few times a day though BP is great- and the hot flashes are intense.  Got the betamethasone.

Name: MaggieB79 (Maggie)
EDD: October 30th
Type: STRICT
Since: 8/19
Reason: Pre-eclampsia.  Went from doing just fine to severe swelling, rapid weight gain, headache and high BP in 2 short days.  2 days of modified bed rest turned into strict bed rest indefinitely...

Name: FutureMrsPrestwood (Heather)
EDD:
October 10th (although dr. is saying now she won't let us go past 37 weeks so now its looking like we will have a September baby!)
Type:
Modified: no going out except for weekly hospital visits for NST and blood work and then another weekly visit with my OB. I'm allowed to "piddle" around the house (dr's words, not mine!) but am basically staying on the couch, off my feet 90% of my day.
Since:
8/17
Reason:
Elevated BP now has me diagnosed with gestational pre-hypertension. So far we are maintaing at an elevated (but not normal) BP with the hopes that it will not go up and we won't have to have strict bed rest or be admitted to the hospital.

Name: Manders127 (Amanda)
EDD:
October 18th (definitely won't make it that far, tentative c/s scheduled for 39 weeks due to breech and GD, hoping to make it til then!)
Type:
Hospital, but possibly going home tomorrow depending on US results, then will be modified at home.
Since:
8/21
Reason:
Oligohydramnios (low amniotic fluid).  Baby is tolerating it well though.. hoping to make it to full term

Name: Karmanmsw (Karman)
EDD: Oct. 23, 2009
Type of BR:  Modified, I can go the bathroom and take a 10 min shower once a day, and I can drive myself to the doctor once a week:)
Since when: 7/28/09
Reason:  I had pre-eclampsia with my first two pregnancies as well as post partum pre-e with my second.  My blood pressure started rising at 27 weeks so I was put on bedrest!  Our goal is to get to 34 weeks and then hopefully 37. 

Caitlin &Sean (Kate)
EDD
Oct 31st ( wont make it that far C-secion @ 37 weeks)
Type of bed rest 
Modified due to a Complete Placenta Previa with Light spotting @ 24 weeks. I can shower for 10 min each day and drive myself to the doctor 1x per week. Also diagnoised with borderline GD two weeks ago #s controlled by diet so far.
Since when
7/7/09

Name: brettszy (Brett)
EDD: Nov. 14th
Type of BR:  Strict, bathroom privileges, shower every few days
Since when: modified beginning Jun 15th (18 weeks)  strict starting July 13th (22 weeks)
Reason: Previous pre-term labor and delivery - had my son at 31 weeks, short cervix - has been as short as 0.97, current PTL

Name: egankn (Kelly)
EDD:  October 10th
Since when: 33.5 Weeks
Reason: High BP, headaches, dizziness, blurred vision (but so far not high protein in the urine)

Name: 2soontob3jsmomma
EDD: December 6
Type of Bedrest: Strict until delivery
Since when: Sept. 2 ------- 26 weeks and 3 days
Reason: pregnancy induced hypertension and hyperglycemia

Name: Felisha (fisha25)
EDD: 2/03/2010
Type of BR: Strict. Shower, bathroom, food, then back to bed.
Since when:  7/21/09 at 12 weeks
Reason:

Subchorionic hematoma found under my placenta at 7weeks. I bleed almost every day, normally fresh blood, but the clot isn't getting any smaller-only bigger. Dr. seems worried placenta abruption may be inevitable.  

Name: Kristy (go dux)
EDD: 10/16/09
Type of BR:
Modified bedrest
Since when:  9/4/09
Reason: Went into L&D after having continuous contractions while at work.  Contractions were coming every 3-4 minutes, not stopping after 2 doses of trebutaline (sp?) and another type of medicine.

Name: Amanda (allinduetime)
EDD: 11/19/2009
Type of BR:
modified
Reason:
  twin pregnancy and + FFN.  went into L&D with contractions every 3-5 mins apart, gave two doses of brethine which knocked them out.  sent up to floor for observation but 24 hours later contractions returned, so was kept another 48 hours and d/c home on bedrest and procardia.

Name: lowhedges Lydia, EXPECTING TRIPLETS!!!!
EDD: ?
Type of BR: ?
Since when: 9/2
Reason: shortening cervix.  I've been lurking as I was placed on b/r at 22 weeks for 1 week and then allowed to return to work for 2 weeks.

Name: kittenxkisses(Shea)
EDD:
10/21
Type:
Just released from hosp. sent home on strict BR with bathroom priv. & shower privleges EOD.
Since When: 
8/26 at 32 weeks
Reason
: Was in hospital for 2 weeks for PTL, shortening cervix, dilated to 1.5-2, + FFN. Put on magnesium for 2 days and got Steroid shots. Then got off mag and on trbutaline every 4 hours.

Name: Events by Shelly (Shelly)
EDD: 11/08 (Induction scheduled for 10/26...most likely will deliver between 10/8-10/15)
Type:
Modified BR, Allowed 15 mins of "up" time for every hour awake. all "up" time must be followed by 15 mins of horizontal rest. Strict Pelvic Rest. 1 round trip upstairs/downstairs, Can drive myself to pick up DD from school once daily (DH has to take her) and can drive to dr appts only.
Since When: 9/10

Reason
: Previous history of PTL, delivered DD at 34wks 5 days. Admitted to hospital on 9/8 for Contractions, dilated to 2, thinning of cervical wall, baby is head down & engaged, regular contractions at 3 mins apart. was in hospital for 1 day for monitoring, given Terbutaline to stop contractions and sent home on BR. Must go back to dr. twice weekly for monitoring, sono, FFN (weekly). Fingers crossed we make it to 35 weeks!!

Name: kiki408 - Kendra
EDD: 12/18, although we're just hoping to make it to November at this point.
Type: Strict hospital bedrest until 28 weeks (2more weeks)
Since When: 24 weeks ( I went home for a week, but was re-admitted)
Reason: Shortening cervix . 1.3 or so at the last measurement. No contractions; being monitored for the next few weeks, though.

Name: ewhite508 (Emily)
EDD: November 22, 2009
Type of BR:  Modified: House arrest, stay down stairs and keep my butt on the couch with my legs up or I'm grounded. Can go to Dr for appointments, but they send the visiting nurses to me.
Since when: 23w2d -- July 7th
Reason: Preterm labor and perpetual dehydration due to hyperemesis gravidarum.

Name: Erin (erinb31)
EDD:
10/28/09
Type of BR: Strict (up to use bathroom, get water, and shower-- taken to doctor's appointments)
Since when: 9/9/09 (33 weeks)
Reason: PT Labor: slight pink spotting, 3 cm dilated, 50% effaced, contractions (still having them 6-20 min. apart at home), positive fetal fibronectin

Name: luckywifey77 (Janessa)
EDD: November 4, 2009
Type of BR: Strict-only up to use the bathroom
Since when: 27 weeks (8/12)
Reason: Went in for an ultrasound and the doctor decided to check me b/c I was having a contraction while she was checking the fundal height and I was dilated to a 1.

Name: Etude de la vie
EDD:
 11/14/09
Type of BR: Strict ( bathroom, get water, and shower)
Since when: 9/08/09 (31 weeks)
Reason: Pre-term Labor symptoms currently on procardia 

Name: Brooke 208 (Brooke)
EDD:
10/29/09
Type of BR:  Strict for now, bathroom privileges and shower.
Since when: 9/7
Reason: I was having horrible leg pain and they kept diagnosing me with round ligament pain.  They finally did an ultrasound on my legs and discovered a blood clot that reaches from at least my groin to my knee, but could go higher.  They want to do surgery but can't because of the baby, they also cannot put a filter in either.  We're taking it one day at a time, and I am on 100mg of Lovenox twice a day until I deliver. 

Name: BrinaBfly (Sabrina)
EDD: 11/20/09
Type of BR: Modified, almost like Light Duty. I can shower, use the restroom, be up for no more than 30 minutes at a time, do light household chores like dust, and small loads of laundry.
Since when: 8/28/09
Reason: Bicornuate uterus and previous m/c. Since we are not sure how far my uterus will give we are taking precautions. Had to add GD to the mix a few weeks ago, joy.

Name: llggx2
EDD: 11/11/09 but the doctor talked like she would like to see me make it 4-5
Type of BR: after 4-5 more weeks and then maybe we can relax a little but that depends on how the rest of the blood work comes back.
Since when:
9/15/09
Reason: My mom had pre-e with me so this was no suprise but I was hoping that it wouldn't happen. I am hoping it just stays hypertension so I have more freedom. After reading the pre-e moms on the list I am a bit scared.

Name: megan
EDD:  November 24th
Type of BR: modified, according to my dr, although I'm not quite sure where that falls...she said she basically wants me to be REALLY bored.  lots of reclining, short "errands" around the house (quick meals, etc.), leaving the house for the dr., childbirth classes...
Since when: September 10th, 29 wks2 days
Reason: was admitted to L & D on 9/10 with Braxton Hicks coming every 5 minutes.  Got a negative fFn test, urine showed ketones (lack of calories/dehydrated), and transvaginal u/s showed cervical funneling (dilation towards the uterus) although the external cervix is closed tightly, with 2cm of length.

Re: ~~Bed Rest Mama's Friday Check In~~

• Good morning!  No updates for me - I have two Dr. appts today - how exciting!

QOTD:  Yep - we had been trying for a year and a half when we conceived.  We had actually started testing to see if there was a problem.  My H was scheduled to drop off a sample the day we found out that Lilly was coming.  I had quit charting and all of that since I had basically given up.  I think I know when it happened but am not sure.  Our sex life has been non-existent since getting pg.  I had no drive at all the 1st tri, 2nd tri I had partial placenta previa which led to complete pelvic rest and for the 3rd tri I was told no loving either due to the pre-e.  My poor husband!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No updates for me either.  Still cramping, but Bella is back to her normal movements.  I won't see much of DH over the next few days... he's on duty today then works the ND game tomorrow and a soccer game on Sunday.  I'm hoping to maybe sneak out for a pedicure tomorrow (shhh don't tell on me!)

QOTD: (I've asked this before so for those who have been here awhile, sorry..) Were you TTC when you got pregnant? Do you know when/where you were when you conceived? How is your sex life now, if you are even allowed to do the deed?

We had been TTC for 4.5 years and had had 2 m/c in that time so I'd pretty much given up.  I was still using the First Response ovulation predictor but it was more out of habit than anything else.  I only tested the day I did because that's just what I did.  I honestly didn't expect a BFP!  I know we conceived at home but it could have been one of two days that weekend.  With him gone 24 hours at a time, I'm pretty aware of when we are together haha.

edited to add:  not sure how it posted... I wasn't done yet LOL...

As far as our sexlife now, it has been non-existant since about 26 weeks when the problems first started rearing their ugly heads.  DH was scared to and now we aren't allowed to.  I joke that when I hit 34 weeks he has to but honestly I have absolutely no desire to at this point.  I feel too cruddy.  I do still like the kissing and cuddling though Smile

• Loading the player...
  • 12 days... ONLY 12 more days and DAMN 12 more days... that is how I am feeling. I told DH this morning that if we treat this like the 12 days of Christmas and he brings me a gift every day here on out then maybe it will go by faster.. He told me to expect my partridge in a pear tree later today.

No updates. I posted yesterday that my platelets have dropped but are not at a concerning level. My BP this morning has been the highest yet since being in the hospital which probably means I will have to lie on my left side all day today. Got a pretty good headache too....

QOTD: (I've asked this before so for those who have been here awhile, sorry..) Were you TTC when you got pregnant? Do you know when/where you were when you conceived? How is your sex life now, if you are even allowed to do the deed?!

We weren't trying and weren't preventing. I wanted my children close together and because of some of the info that points to a lower re-occurrence rate of pre-e when the babies are closer together, that played a role too... Also since I am 34 I wanted to get going so I would not have to deal with AMA on top of everything else. DS was only 9 months though when we got pregnant so it happened fast and the 2 under 2 thing scares me a bit. My DS is so unbelievably good - and I am nervous I cannot get that lucky twice... but I digress.

I know exactly when I got pregnant because in Jan - sexy time was a one shot deal... We were at home so there is no exciting story about conceiving a baby in an adventurous place....and since BFP- our sex life has been vitually non-existant... I had spotting and troubles at first, then got put on bed rest (and was not ruled out but DH was freaked out) and now that I am in the hospital - I think if we are lucky we may get at least one in before the end of '09.....poor DH. Poor me too!

• Today i am interviewing more daycare people and tomorrow is my shower!  Yay!  Finally i'll get to see people :)  After being on bedrest a while, people visitors start to dwindle and then people pretty much just forget about you...

QOTD: Yup, we were trying to conceive when we got pregnant.  I had finally finished grad school and worked for a year, so we decided it was time.  We are very blessed that we got pregnant in our 2nd month of trying.  We definitely got pregnant at home....we're not that adventurous i guess.  Since being pregnant, i have had no sex drive, so that became pretty non-existent.  Then when i got put on strict bedrest at 23wks, i also got put on pelvic rest, so that took care of that!  Now i guess no sex until after the baby.

• UPDATE: Not too much to tell.  Not sure if they are rechecking cervix today or tomorrow before I go home.  Things have been pretty quiet, but if I sit up for too long I get tons of pressure.  Yesterday they did a urine and it had trace protein, not sure if they will repeat it or not.

QOTD:  We weren't trying, but not 100% preventing either.  It was the "Is it ok right now?"- and I said, well, maybe, but you know what could happen...and that was that.  I have had a BFP 3 times with conception happening in Feb- my DH says next Feb he is taking an overseas trip. LOL!!  Just call me Fertile Myrtle around Valentine's Day.

As far as our sex life...well, 1st Tri I had bad nausea and headaches- so not in the mood too much.  2nd Tri I was on pelvic rest due to previa...had a couple weeks of reprieve, then the PTL started.  What sucked a lot was that after my morning sickness improved, I was in the mood all the freakin' time, and couldn't do a thing about it.  So not fair.  

Not sure if I will carry this LO long enough to get an all clear after 35 weeks...I am hoping for 1 more time.  After my DD was born, I had tons of pain from that vaginal septum that tore and physically could not endure it for a couple of months.  My poor DH- he is a good man, though.  He's still here.  I don't want it to go that long this time. 

• I don't have any updates. I went to the doctor this morning but only saw a nurse for my shot. I am having a bad day emotionally. It has been raining here for over a week so that might have something to do with my mood but I called DH crying this morning. I am just so over it. I am hoping to make it another 5 weeks or so (I will be 32 weeks tomorrow) but today is just one of those days where I feel like feeling sorry for myself and crying all day.

QOTD: We were not trying. In fact I was using the NuvaRing. We have 2 other children; a daughter who is 7 and a son who is 3. I was in the hospital for 7 weeks on bedrest for pre-term labor with the 3 year old. He was born at 31 weeks and spent 6 weeks in NICU. We decided after that experience, 2 was probably going to be it for us. I just didn't want to put us all through that again. Guess God had other plans! This little one was conceived on our trip to St. John in February. 

Sex Life? What is this you speak of?  :) I think we have done the deed once since I got pregnant. I had a miscarriage last year (also unplanned and why I started using NuvaRing) so from the very beginning of this pregnancy we were scared to do anything. Then I had some bleeding, and signs of PTL started around 16 weeks.I am pretty sure I will not be given the okay for that until my 6 week check up.

• I have a freakin update..Im about to lose my damn mind! Today is day 41 for me and DH at the in-laws...Im about to go crazy!!!!!!!!!!! I want to go home, but MIL wont let us..how ridiculous is this, the dr even said it was crazy. Only a few more days..thanks for letting me vent! :)
  • Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

So I know I?m new here, but I can?t help but want to respond to some of you even though it seems we don?t do that on this board?bear with me?

justmeg-have a great two appointments today!

jennrn65-what does your DH do?  my DH works as an athletic trainer/rehab coordinator for a college, so I understand the gone for games, etc.  You?re almost at 34 weeks!  That?s tomorrow, right? 

Arika-Yey 12 more days!!!!!  Congratulations for making it so far-I have such admiration for you to keep on going.  :)  And I?m pulling for both of you to get AT LEAST one more tryst in during ?09.

megsok-Have a great shower tomorrow!  Isn?t it wonderful when people remember you and grace you with their presence??

meg1031-I?m pulling for you to make it to all clear. You have 8 days left, right?? :)  Aren?t good DH?s wonderful??  I feel you on the wanting it all the time-I wake up wanting sex?

Brettszy-I?m so sorry about the hard day.  Rain can definitely do that to me, so I understand.  Congratulations on the 32 weeks tomorrow!  My only suggestion is to put on some super sad movies and have yourself a wonderful cathartic cry.  Lots of luck to you today.

Luckywifey-I literally have put you up on a pedestal for living with your in laws for 41 DAYS!  I wouldn?t make it FOUR. You are my hero.  I am sending you as much strength and forgiveness and  a GIANT FILTER  (which I need when I?m with my in-laws). 

Update for me: I had a visitor yesterday who brought me lunch and it was so nice just to chat about non pregnant things for a few hours.  Watched some repeats of NCIS and did a ridiculously MINOR amount of housework which consisted of moving stuff into piles so it looks a little nicer.  It was DH?s 30th birthday, and I felt like a schmuck because of how little I could do.  He does the cooking normally, so this is the ONE day of the year (besides St. Patrick?s Day-I?m Irish, he?s not) that he allows me in the kitchen to cook meals, but I couldn?t this year?I did manage to do some baking, though, in stages, including peeling apples in my recliner. :)  Still having Braxton Hicks, hoping that they?re not getting stronger or closer, although I don?t always feel them?

QOTD: (I've asked this before so for those who have been here awhile, sorry..) Were you TTC when you got pregnant? Do you know when/where you were when you conceived? How is your sex life now, if you are even allowed to do the deed?

We were TTC, and had gotten a positive the month before, but lost it early on.  Nothing exciting, in bed?Our sex life WAS gorgeous-I wanted it all the time, and whenever he was up for it, I got it.  Once we got the pelvic rest order, however, he won?t even let me help him out because he?s worried it?s too much stress on my system?hopefully he?ll change his mind soon enough.  We?ll see?

Megan (oh, and how many of us are Megans???)

• imagemegabyte53:
    Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

So I know I?m new here, but I can?t help but want to respond to some of you even though it seems we don?t do that on this board?bear with me?

You can do ANYTHING you want on this check in!  I love that you responded to everyone!!!

• Update:  On a good note I am 35 weeks!  Yeah!  On the other side, went to the doc this am and my bp was up a little higher!  No protien yet so that that is good!  Got to come home but don't know how much longer I will get to stay at home!

I was on the Mirena IUD when I got pregnant this time!  Not so happy at the time!  I had pre-e with both of my first two pregnancies and although the outcome was great for both I really didn't want to go through another pregnancy!  I have no idea when we conceived as I had no periods at all!  Needless to say, I am getting my tubes tied after this pregnancy and my husband had a Vasectomy last week!  We are not taking any chances!  And as for our sex life, it is nonexistent since bedrest began!  We are both ready for pregnancy and recovery to be over!

• imageKarmanmsw:

Update:  On a good note I am 35 weeks!  Yeah!  On the other side, went to the doc this am and my bp was up a little higher!  No protien yet so that that is good!  Got to come home but don't know how much longer I will get to stay at home!

Congrats on hitting 35 weeks!!!! Very exciting!

• Update:  Well I spent about 4-5 hours in L&D today and we just got home.  I called this morning with new outer leg pain and assumed they would say it was normal but they called me back and wanted me to go in right away.  They ordered another ultrasound on my leg (finally) and the good news is that the clot is not any worse.  It isn't any better, but that's normal considering the size.  The ultrasound was so painful, but that is to be expected.  They have to push hard to check the veins and all I know is that this clot affects a LOT of veins.  I don't know any more than that.  ANYWAY, they decided I did not need to stay and ended up sending me home and told me to keep an eye on things.  I am frustrated and in even more pain but I just have to take things one day at a time.  I was given permission to attend a wedding tomorrow and it's not going to be easy but it is my BIL (DH's brother) so I have to be there.  I will probably just stay for the ceremony and then go to my mom's.  DH and DS are both in the wedding, I dropped out when I found out I was pregnant originally.  I'm going to have to use my wheelchair but that's okay, it will help keep the pain to a minimum.

On a good note my sister's baby shower is on Sunday and I am also allowed to go to that, but of course I have to be careful and sit the whole time.  I'm so excited though because it's going to be a beautiful shower and this is her first baby. 

I guess you can say we were trying but not really.  It took just one time to get pregnant with DS and the same for DD.  It was actually our wedding night that we got pregnant with DD.  We know exactly when and where both kids were conceived with is pretty neat to us.  Neither were "accidents" or anything, but we never expected to get pregnant on the first "try" for either of them.  Especially DD.  I found out my sister was pregnant and realized my period was late so I had DH pick me up a test.  I was SO surprised when it came back positive, and not in a bad way of course.  I just wasn't expecting that so soon and I had no symptoms or anything at that point in time.  I've mentioned it before but my sister is due just 2 days before me.  We're both so excited to have kids so close in age!

As far as our sex life now... it's not existent.  I never really asked if we're allowed or not but the pain I'm in and the location of the pain makes it impossible.  DH does not mind one bit but of course I know he misses it.  Thankfully we don't have *too* much longer to go.

• QOTD:

DH and I had wanted to start TTC later this year (probably around now), and I have PCOS, so my OB (when we lived in NYC) told me to go off birth control to see if I could regulate my cycle myself.  We weren't not trying that month, and I was back at the doctor's 4 1/2 weeks later pregnant. 

I know when/where we got pregnant... or at least it is over the course of 3 or 4 days in February that it would have had to be.  It's funny to think about, and it makes me sort of happy actually.  We were having a very lovey dovey and sweet week, and at one point DH had actually said, "you know, if I get you pregnant, it would make me so happy."

I have been on pelvic rest since June (at the time my placenta was low lying-- now it has resolved, but now I am on pelvic rest for PTL)... DH and I still are intimate and cuddle and kiss lots, but it's a little frustrating for me because it can't go anywhere for me.  I know DH is still happy, but he'd be much more happy to have things equal and the way they were before June (when we could have sex) or even before we were pregnant (when sex was not always an acrobatic or uncomfortable excursion).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Its nice to see so many October and November badges flashing in everyones signature and seeing everyone still pregnant (albeit frustrated and miserable, but pregnant none the less!). We are all so close to term ladies, this is awesome!!! 

Update: I'm finishing up my perscription of nifedipine this weekend and will not be getting any refills. Just for grins and giggles I've been taking the dose every 6 hours instead of every 4 and boy howdy have the BH contractions increased in frequency and intensity! I was worried that I would go to 42 weeks, now I'm not so sure. Lots of pressure in my pelvic floor and while the baby isn't moving as much I still get plenty of movement. This morning s/he was really deep in my pelvis but has slowly worked back into my ribcage which is apparently the most comfortable position in the world. *eye roll*

QOTD: I went off of BC last October because I found some lumps in my breast and it had already completely eliminated my sex drive so I was over it. In January I was so frustrated using condoms because my drive came back full force and after discussing it together one night we decided to retire all forms of BC. As soon as we finished the deed we looked at each other and said "we totally just made a baby!". A little less than 4 weeks later I had a BFP! I was screaming like a loon with excitement and ran downstairs to tell DH who was in the shower and he burst into tears.

The first trimester I was getting sick at least 4-6 times a day so sex was so out of the question, the second trimester was really fun until I felt the baby start kicking like crazy and that just... well... it grossed me out! The third trimester has been all restrictions and even though this week we got the green flag, I'm so pregnant I'd rather just take care of business myself than try and contort things with DH not to mention I just don't feel that sexy with a watermellon sized stomach and stretch marks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"