Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

S/O beer pong and such

I'm a young mother. I'm only 20 and I have a high school "friend" who is also the same age with a baby born 5 months after mine. Anywho, she put up pics of her playing beer pong (she nurses) and then puts up a status of "oh to be so drunk you dont remember what you did the night before". She also fed her DS, at 3 months, cereal because she couldn't stand him waking up at night, against her pedis advice. She's also the same one who put on baby oil when she was preg so she could get a "good tan".

I'm very judgy with her..... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: S/O beer pong and such

• Options
    No words.
  • Options
    Ick. I can't stand people like that.
    imageimage

9/24/2011 Plymouth Firefighters 5k: 47:13
    11/12/2011 Diva Dash 5k: 45:45
    5/5/2012 STEM school 5k TBD Coming up in 2012:
    6/10/2012 Walk to Remember SIDS foundation 5k
    (in memory of a sweet baby boy)
    11/10/2012 Diva Dash 5k
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not cool to feed your baby solids that early against pedi's advice... But who cares if she's playing beer pong. It doesn't mean she is nursing him after she's been drinking. Maybe she gave him a bottle instead... Moms are allowed to have fun too.
  • Options
    There's this girl on FB that I'm "friends" with (she was friends with my sis in middle school).  She is a young momma, and she always talks about getting drunk and there are always all these pics of her drinking with her friends.  And each time I think, where is her kid, who's watching him?  It seems like she is NEVER with him.  Of course I'm not in her life, but it's sure what she portrays on FB. 
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    imagenoah-bear:

I'm a young mother. I'm only 20 and I have a high school "friend" who is also the same age with a baby born 5 months after mine. Anywho, she put up pics of her playing beer pong (she nurses) and then puts up a status of "oh to be so drunk you dont remember what you did the night before". She also fed her DS, at 3 months, cereal because she couldn't stand him waking up at night, against her pedis advice. She's also the same one who put on baby oil when she was preg so she could get a "good tan".

I'm very judgy with her..... 

That's probably how she got her son...I kid, I kid

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagebstngrl578:
    No words (re: FB status).

• Options
    I find myself to be very judgey when it comes to some of my friends from back in the day.  I'm 21 and a friend of mine is 20 and pregnant right now.  She has gone to the planned parenthood office once and is now 6 months with no prenatal care.  I asked her which hospital she was going to deliver at and she said eh whatever one I am closest to whenever I go into labor.  She is still smoking a pack a day and didn't even try to quit.
  • Options

imageJackswife123:
    Not cool to feed your baby solids that early against pedi's advice... But who cares if she's playing beer pong. It doesn't mean she is nursing him after she's been drinking. Maybe she gave him a bottle instead... Moms are allowed to have fun too.

Oh I understand that mom's should have fun. But, she has no family there to watch the kid and she co-sleeps with him. She also didn't know that you shouldn't nurse when you've been drinking (heavily) and did it. I worry she drinks and then goes home and sleeps with him in their bed. 

• Options
    imagenoah-bear:

imageJackswife123:

Oh I understand that mom's should have fun. But, she has no family there to watch the kid and she co-sleeps with him. She also didn't know that you shouldn't nurse when you've been drinking (heavily) and did it. I worry she drinks and then goes home and sleeps with him in their bed. 

That's not cool. If I have more than 2 drinks in one night, I NEVER bring A into bed with us. And while I like to enjoy a few drinks on the weekends, I always give myself enough time to get it out of my system. You just gotta know your limits and think about your child OVER your own needs. Isn't that what being a parent is all about?
  • Options
    imagenoah-bear:

imageJackswife123:

Ok, that's just sad and STUPID!  I BF and still go out here and there and actually get drunk.  However, that night DS gets bottles.  A women got arrested, and charged, for feeding her baby while drunk.  Your friend needs to be told this is not ok!!!

• Options
    imageJackswife123:
    imagenoah-bear:

imageJackswife123:

That's not cool. If I have more than 2 drinks in one night, I NEVER bring A into bed with us. And while I like to enjoy a few drinks on the weekends, I always give myself enough time to get it out of my system. You just gotta know your limits and think about your child OVER your own needs. Isn't that what being a parent is all about?

Completely agree. Last night was the first time I've had any alcohol since I found out because I would randomly bring him to bed. I don't see how people can act like a baby changes anything in their life. 

• Options
    imageJackswife123:
    imagenoah-bear:

imageJackswife123:

Amen, sista.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"