3rd Trimester

Should I be worried??

I went to the Dr. today and I'm 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. She didn't seem worried... she just said it could be anytime or it still could be weeks.

So my question is would you be concerned 36 weeks is to soon? I ask that because then instead of walking around trying to get things moving I'm going to be laying in my bed with my feet up.

Re: Should I be worried??

• image SMBride2B:

I went to the Dr. today and I'm 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. She didn't seem worried... she just said it could be anytime or it still could be weeks.

So my question is would you be concerned 36 weeks is to soon? I ask that because then instead of walking around trying to get things moving I'm going to be laying in my bed with my feet up.

The doc didn't seem worried and truthfully a lot of girls on here have been dilated for weeks and still nothing. I wouldn't worry to much. Just be packed just and prepared for it to possibly happen.

• I don't think I'd be worried. Full term is 37 weeks which is only 5 days away. If your doctor isn't concerned there's no reason for you to be!
  • I wouldn't be concerned at all...in fact I'm jealous of you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • If the doctor isn't concerned I wouldn't be worried. You are very close to full term and can stay at that stage for days or weeks.

PS....I am a little jealous too!

• granted.. this is my 4th baby... but when I was talking to my Dr about possibly inducing if this baby was large (my son was 9lbs) she said she would as long as I was showing progress at 38wks...but then she said 'with this being your 4th, it wouldn't surprise me if you were showing progress at 36wks'... so she acted like it might not be weird if there was some progress that early. ?
  • I had my other 3 early, one at 36 weeks and he was perfectly fine, just a little bit small. Should anything happen at this point, you're pretty darn safe. And you could be walking around like that until you actually go into labor, so no worries...
  • From what I've read being even fully effaced isn't an indicator of when labor will begin, and dilation is also a bad judge of labor. So I wouldn't be worried at all, I actually would be glad that my body is doing some of the light work now without me having to feel contractions. I'd be concerned if your mucus plug comes out or your water breaks.
    imageVisit The Nest!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Angel Baby #1- Ectopic, Lost 8/24/08
    Angel Baby #2- Miscarriage, Lost 1/10/09

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • If your doctor isn't worried, you shouldn't be. I was dilated at 36 weeks with my first and I went to 40 weeks 3 days. Plus, if you did go into labor right now, they wouldn't do anything to stop it anyway. You're very close to full term and while I know we all want our babies in there as long as possible, your baby would likely be fine
    Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • image lisswastaken:
    I don't think I'd be worried. Full term is 37 weeks which is only 5 days away. If your doctor isn't concerned there's no reason for you to be!

I wouldn't be worried.  I agree with this!

• I wouldn't be worried.  I have been having contractions throughout and at 33 weeks my doctor said that after 34 weeks babies tend to do pretty well so while they don't want you to go into labor yet and may ask you to rest or drink more fluids to prevent it, they won't actively try to stop labor at my hospital either.  So if 34 weeks is a cause for minimal concern, being that close to full term I wouldn't be concerned at all.  There's a good chance you won't progress too quickly anyway and the baby will still be full-term by the time he/she is born.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker