1st Trimester

Anyone get nauseous whenever you're NOT eating?

It seems that whenever I go a little while without eating something, I start feeling gross, as long as i'm snacking on stuff, I'm perfectly fine.   I'm trying to stick to healthy things for the most part so I don't become as big as a house before my first tri is up.  Just wondering if anyone else experiences the same thing?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone get nauseous whenever you're NOT eating?

• I'm exactly like that.

That's why for me it's much more when I wake up. The less food in my stomach, the more nauseous I get.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I noticed I will get really queasy if I have an empty stomach.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Me me!  I need to eat all day or I get sick feeling from having an empty tummy.  I'm wondering if it's my bloodsugar, but the hungry pangs come on so fast!

image  imageimage image

O13 March Siggy Contest: AnArChY (I do what I want- & I want FOUR GIFS!)

• imageAngelKT:

I'm exactly like that.

That's why for me it's much more when I wake up. The less food in my stomach, the more nauseous I get.

This makes me feel better, I think my husband assumes its an excuse to eat, but I'm not even eating anything that great or terribly fattening.  I threw up for the first time yesterday with nothing on my stomach...I'm going to keep some food by the bed I think for the future.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yes, the more I eat, the better I feel. And unfortunately, I've only wanted carbs and bad things. It's ridiculous. And because I've had so many issues, I have been told to take it easy and not exercise. I really fear for my weight this time around. Ugh.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You should definitely keep something beside the bed. The two times I threw up were the two times I was too busy to eat as soon as I had woken up.

And you are supposed to eat more than you used to. Smile

• I just started going through exactly this - it started Monday. Tuesday I tried to keep my belly full, but apparently I was eating the "right" things because that night I was sicker than I've ever been.

Yesterday and today I've tried everyone's suggestions of small snacks through-out the day. Trying to keep it healthy and so far I'm doing better!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So glad to hear so many other women with the same issues, I get nauseous everytime my stomach is empty. The more carbs the better off I will be.
  • I feel that way all the time I finally started carrying an apple and a ziplock bag of oyster crackers with me. It helps.
  • yep! I have to eat about once an hour or I get really sick. I've been snacking on small things like fruit, crackers and granola bars.
  • imageAngelKT:

I'm exactly like that.

This...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • This is how morning sickness was for me the first time around and now this time too.  As long as I'm eating, I'm fine.  The minute I stop, I feel sick.  Despite eating nonstop during my last pregnancy, I only gained 3 lbs the first tri.  Do what you need to do to stop the nausea. 
  • Thankfully, I only experienced this over the past weekend, but it really sucked when I was going through it. I made all this yummy food for our guests and was thinking "Man, I wish I could eat this, but I feel so sick!" I tried a piece of an apple (sans the delicious dip I had made) and miracle of miracles, I felt better! GL to all who are dealing with this, it's not fun at all!
    image Mommy to Anna Grace, born 4/25/2010 Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
  • I think its pretty normal to get nauseous when you haven't eaten. Its definitely best to keep snacks with you at all times. Eat small meals often.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• me too!!... I start feeling sick when my stomach is empty, I start eating and it's gone, I'm just afraid to gain a lot of weight on my first trimester, I hope my trying to eat right plan works!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yup, this is me.  The other issue with me is that all food seems gross so it's really hard for me not to gag just thinking about what I could eat.
  • ME!  The emptier my stomach, the more sick I feel!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Your not alone, if I don't eat thats when I feel sick. 
  • I'm here as well -- I'm ok as long as I eat small portions often... Cliche, but works for me.

MH has been pretty good about understand when I say I'm hungry, I'm not talking in an hour -- I'm ready to eat NOW.  But I've also been lucky in that I'm mostly craving healthy food for now, we'll see what 2nd and 3rd tri bring!!

• Yes, if I have not eaten for a while (few hours) I will start to feel sick until I eat something.
    image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • THis is me ALL THE TIME! It's especially bad in the morning because I've gone all night without eating. Food is my friend...
  • I get so Nauseous when i first get up... thats why i have to nibble on some crackers and drink some water before actually getting up in the morning. If my stomach has no food in it... oh man... i really feel it!~
    Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyName Ticker
  • I am the exact same way- as soon as I start to get hungry the nausea kicks in. I have always been a person that has small snacks every couple hours, but I feel hungry way more often!
  • I started off this way.  Now I am nauseous all the time.  It is hard to eat because I feel like I am going to blow chunks.. which I do a lot. I just bought some sea band accupressure wrist bands to try and help. Not really the kind of person who believes in them, but they were suggested to me by a friend and I will try anything! I am very thin to start off with but have lost down to 98lbs in this first tri.
  • same with me .  i'm constantly eating. . 
  • I'm in the same boat as everyone else! If I don't eat every two hours I start feeling really sick. I am eating all the time and my doctor said I cannot exercise until Week 14 because of a previous miscarriage....I'm worried too that I'm going to be huge by my second tri.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"