Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Keeping the trend: Vaccines

I've been reading all the posts about vaccines. I understand that everyone has their own opinion of vaccines and whether or not your LOs should or should not get them. But I dont think its fair that those who follow the AP schedule flame the ones that dont follow that schedule. I follow Dr Sears alternate schdule-does that make me just half of a bad mom because I only get half the vaccines at a time? No! We are all just doing what we feel is best for our child(ren) and I just dont think its fair that women on this board are flaming the hell out of other women for their opinions/beliefs on what they do (or dont do) for their children.

I think we should all just agree to disagree and not talk about vaccines on this board because all it does it cause unnecessary drama.

Re: Keeping the trend: Vaccines

• I must have missed the part where AP followers were flaming non-traditionalists. I thought it was just questioning those choosing not to vaccinate at all.
  • image edwins_girl:
    I must have missed the part where AP followers were flaming non-traditionalists. I thought it was just questioning those choosing not to vaccinate at all.

Exactly this.

• image edwins_girl:
    I must have missed the part where AP followers were flaming non-traditionalists. I thought it was just questioning those choosing not to vaccinate at all.

Questioning is fine, but it's been my experience on here that those who vaccinate tend to do more than "question" those who do not. ?True, MOST of the time the mamas on here are pretty civil, BUT there are those that approach this issue (and the parents) with an axe to grind and that ALWAYS causes drama. ?So maybe this poster has a point in suggesting that people don't post vaccine debates on here. ?There is (or at least used to be) a board on here specifically for vaccinations and other controversial topics. ?That might be the best place to post such questions. ?Besides, vaccinations deserve a lot of thought and research, and experts should be consulted regarding the matter...not just people and their opinions.

?

• Whatever.  I will flame people who don't vaccinate until hell freezes over.  I don't care if you go to the doctor every other day to get vaccines one at a time, but I think people who don't do them at all put the entire community at risk, especially older people and the very young. 

Some people think that riding without a car seat is best for their child because they don't cry as much, that doesn't make it right.