High-Risk Pregnancy

~~Bed Rest Mama's Thursday Check In!~~

Please let me know if anyone needs to be added or removed, or if anything about your status has changed.

Here is a list of nesties who can commiserate together during bedrest. Nothing better to do, right? Share your story, progress, news, and any ideas of how to keep yourself busy. Check in will occur each day on the High Risk Pregnancy Board in the mornings.

Post back with your info if you?d like to be added to the list!

Congrats to nat6102006 - who had her baby yesterday. Hope your NICU time is limited and uneventful!  Please keep us posted and share some pics!

QOTD: Remember the early days when we all had pregnancy bliss???  Did you have morning sickness? What did you crave? Are you still having cravings? How is your weight gain, or would you rather just skip over discussing that?  That is fine too... we've been on our butts for extended periods of time!

Name: mrst1014 (Meagen)
EDD: Sept. 22, 2009 (God Willing)
Type of BR:  Strict, just get to go to the bathroom, shower ever other day, but I have to use a shower seat.
Since when: 8 weeks (2/13)
Reason: It started with a SCH. At 14 weeks I had massive bleeding and needed two blood transfusions. I also have partial placenta abruption.

Name: jennandjt (Jen)
EDD:  September 22nd
Type of BR: strict bedrest with bathroom privileges and the occasional trip downstairs to the recliner. All meals are delivered by my DH as I do not want to spend anymore time than I have to putting pressure on my cervix!
Since when: April 22.....19wk2day
Reason: during my BIG ultrasound they found my cervix 1.5 cm dilated and I went in for an emergency cerclage. Hoping to hold on to this pregnancy as long as possible as I was given a 50, 50 chance....would love to beat those odds!!

Name: Mrs.Babbsy
EDD: 10/13/09 Mono-di twin GIRLS:)
Type: Full bedrest with shower and bathroom priveleges
Since: 5/20                                                                                
Reason: Preterm Labor, shortening cervix and baby B is 18% behind.

Name: Lucky428
EDD:  10/13/09
Type of BR: Modified
Reason: small placental tear

Name: Realisticdreams8
EDD:  11/9/2009
Type of BR: Modified, Basically House Arrest and stay off my feet
Since when: May 29, 2009, 16 weeks 4 days
Reason: spotting, cramping/pain from marginal placenta previa

Name: 2baclark (Shanika)
EDD: 11/10
Type of BR: Modified bedrest. Can get up to use the bathroom, shower and brush teeth
Since when:  5/19
Reason: Incompetent cervix.

Name:  mrsjrmiller (Arika)
Due date:  October 21
Since when:  22w 5d (June 22)
Type of Bedrest: Strict, can shower, use bathroom obviously go to my appointments... 9/02/09 - Hospital bed rest till Lauren is here... :(
Reason:  preeclampsia

Name: kadyra (Andrea)
EDD: September 13th
Type of Bedrest: Strict until 28 weeks, modified from 28 weeks until...
Since when: 25weeks 6days (June 6)
Reason: Placental abruption, IUGR, preterm contractions, and severe dyspnea of pregnancy (sometimes requiring 02)

Name:  Jen (Jen*Johnson*)
Due date:  October 29th
Since when:  20w (June 12)
Type of bedrest: Modified... I am allowed to do what's necessary to watch my 9 month old but I need to be laying most of the day still.
Reason:  Low Amniotic Fluid.

Name:  Francisca
EDD:   10-25-09
Type of BR: Hospitilized, bed pan and IV until either 32 wks or I stop contracting and re-efface a little
Since when: 07/7/09
Reason: pre term labor

Name: Jessica (JessandJeremy)
EDD:
10/4/09  
Since when: 7/18/09
Reason: PT Contractions

Name: Jessica-Kay
EDD:
9/20/09 
Type of BR: Strict (up to use bathroom and shower)
Since when: 7/11/09 (29 weeks 6 days)
Reason: PT Contractions and positive Fetal Fibronectin test.

Name:  sunandsand
EDD: by LMP its 9/14/09, will be induced 2 wks before that
Type of BR: Can shower, get up to pee, microwave a meal, drive myself to appts
Since when: July 22
Reason: PIH, swelling, h/a, RUQ pain, contractions

Name:  mefsta777
EDD: 1/4/10
Type of BR: Modified, no more than 30 minutes of sitting or standing, no leaving the house
Since when: 7/31/09
Reason: "threatened miscarriage" and placental abruption

Name:  megan (megsok11)
EDD: November 11, 2009
Type of BR: strict - only quick shower, bathroom, food, and doctor appt.  hope to get modified BR after 28wks, but i know i won't be able to go back to work.  Getting 17P injections from home health weekly until 36wks, and received betamethasone injections at 24wks.
Since when: July 14, 2009 (23wk 0d)
Reason:  one episode of spotting, vag US showed cervical funneling.  no risk factors, first pregnancy, no spotting since that one time

Name: Carrie (cagreeran)
EDD: Sept. 11
Type of BR: Modified (can walk around the house a little, bathroom, shower, make quick meal, not allowed to go up and down stairs more then 3 times a day)
Since when: July 27 (33w4d)
Reason: Intense BH Contractions the night of July 27. Went to Hsp. next morning was put on the monitor was having more then 6 an hour. Two shots to relax my uterus and was sent home on bedrest.

Name: Angeline924
EDD: 11/28
Type of BR: strict bedrest. Can get up to use the bathroom, shower( 5 min every other day)
Since when:  7/30 22w3d
Reason:
 Incompetent cervix, I was dilated 2 cm w/ bulging bag at last appt, had an emergency cerclage

Name: Cindy (Timmylulu)
EDD: 10/16
Type of BR: wasn't specified but for the next week I can use the bathroom, shower, make lunch, go to dr. appointment and my baby shower this weekend
Since when:  8/7 (29w 6d)
Reason:
History of loss at 21 weeks, reason unknown, but I went into labor early and baby boy was too young to live. This pg I have been getting P17 shots weekly
starting at 16 wks and biweekly us starting at the same time. At my visit last week my cervix shortened from about 30-31 to 29 but when pressure was applied it went to 27 so dr. wants me off my feet

Name: Mandy (mandyunc2003)
EDD: 11/10 (more realistically, 10/13-10/27 since it's di-di b/g twins)
Type of BR: Strict!  Allowed to get up for restroom breaks and meals only.
Since when:  8/6 (26w 2d)
Reason:
Went from 3.7cm to 2.4cm within 3 weeks, and Baby A (girl) is only in the 9th percentile for weight (1 lb 11 oz).  Baby B is doing great and checked in at 2 lbs (45th percentile), so I'm ordered to eat every 3 hours and make it fattening :)   

Name: Erica (ericacathryn)
EDD: 1/29/2010
Type of BR: Modified, but this was explained as only getting up for meals and bathroom breaks.
Since when:  8/5
Reason:

Subchorionic hematoma that keeps getting bigger. 

Name:Sarah
EDD: 9/29
Type:hospital with bathroom rights and one 30 min.
wheel chair ride a day
Since When: 8/5 @ 32 weeks
Reason: mild pre-e with previous late loss so they want me closely monitored.

Name: JustMeg8378 (Megan)
EDD:
10/22
Type:
Just released from hosp. sent home on strict BR with bathroom/shower privleges
Since When:
7/31 at 28w1d
Reason:
Pre-Eclampsia

Name:  Sara (Fusonies)
EDD: November 9, 2009 (?Oct 9th due to twins)
Type of BR: Bathroom and showers only.
Since when:
July 14, 2009 (23wk 0d)
Reason:  Hospitalized at 23 weeks due to incompetent cervix and had a rescue cerclage.  Rec'd steroids at 24 weeks.  Weekly progesterone injections and doc visits.  U/s every 2 weeks.  Expecting twins after 4 yrs of trying and 2 IVF cycles.

Name:  MrsDeLaVara
EDD: 11/06/09
Type of BR: Strict - Hospital until delivery.. can get up to pee and that's about it.
Since when: 08/10/09
Reason: Water broke on 08/10 at 27w3d.

Name:  retroeva (Eva)
EDD: 18 Oct 09
Type of BR: Modified Couch Potato ;)
Since when: 17 Aug 09
Reason: GD, dizzy spells, and pre-term contractons

Name:   mhenry (Marisa)
EDD: C-Section scheduled Dec 16, 2009
Type of BR: Bedrest while still taking care of my 2 yr old w/ help (for now)
Since when: August 10, 2009 (21 weeks)
Reason: High Blood Pressure. The doctor is being pro-active due to me having my son Cameron at 29 weeks from Pre E.

Name:  Jenn (JennRN65)
EDD:
  10/31/09 (undecided whether scheduled induction or C/S at 38 weeks)
Type of BR:
  Modified, bathroom and shower priviledges, can cook for myself, dr.'s appts, and pre-natal classes/baby shower as long as I sit
Since When:
  8/14/09 (28w, 6d), though on 8/7 my work hours were cut in half and I was told to do nothing at home
Reason: 
Contractions, Dizzy spells when upright, GD, 2 clotting disorders, and history of Pre E, PTL, 3 abruptions (one of which was a full term still born), and 3 m/c.

Name: Hipstrix (Chrissy)
EDD: October 9, 2009 but c/s scheduled for October 2nd
Type of BR:  Modified.  I had to stop working and now I'm basically supposed to listen to my body and "take it easy" which, right now, means bed/couch punctuated by 10 minutes up to do things around the house here and there.
Since when: 8/21
Reason: Irritable Uterus and daily, strong and regular contractions which seem to be brought on by activity.

Name: Meg1031 (Megan)
EDD: October 31st, 2009
Type of BR:  Between modified to semi strict- I spend most of the day reclined in my recliner, lie down in bed once or twice a day for a bit, can go potty, shower daily (although that takes a lot out of me so I only do it every other day), and avoid going downstairs for anything.
Since when: 28 wks 4 days-Spent 5 1/2 days in hospital first
Reason: I went to local hospital with a "gut feeling" and a few more contractions than I had been having along with an aching like cramps and rectal pressure.  I had contractions every 4 minutes and a positive FFn with cervical shortening and funneling with some dilation.  Got transported to "mothership" hospital an hour away.  They switched the Mag to Nifedipine which I am tolerating "ok"- but still get really dizzy and weak a few times a day though BP is great- and the hot flashes are intense.  Got the betamethasone.

Name: MaggieB79 (Maggie)
EDD: October 30th
Type: STRICT
Since: 8/19
Reason: Pre-eclampsia.  Went from doing just fine to severe swelling, rapid weight gain, headache and high BP in 2 short days.  2 days of modified bed rest turned into strict bed rest indefinitely...

Name: FutureMrsPrestwood (Heather)
EDD:
October 10th (although dr. is saying now she won't let us go past 37 weeks so now its looking like we will have a September baby!)
Type:
Modified: no going out except for weekly hospital visits for NST and blood work and then another weekly visit with my OB. I'm allowed to "piddle" around the house (dr's words, not mine!) but am basically staying on the couch, off my feet 90% of my day.
Since:
8/17
Reason:
Elevated BP now has me diagnosed with gestational pre-hypertension. So far we are maintaing at an elevated (but not normal) BP with the hopes that it will not go up and we won't have to have strict bed rest or be admitted to the hospital.

Name: Manders127 (Amanda)
EDD:
October 18th (definitely won't make it that far, tentative c/s scheduled for 39 weeks due to breech and GD, hoping to make it til then!)
Type:
Hospital, but possibly going home tomorrow depending on US results, then will be modified at home.
Since:
8/21
Reason:
Oligohydramnios (low amniotic fluid).  Baby is tolerating it well though.. hoping to make it to full term

Name: Karmanmsw (Karman)
EDD: Oct. 23, 2009
Type of BR:  Modified, I can go the bathroom and take a 10 min shower once a day, and I can drive myself to the doctor once a week:)
Since when: 7/28/09
Reason:  I had pre-eclampsia with my first two pregnancies as well as post partum pre-e with my second.  My blood pressure started rising at 27 weeks so I was put on bedrest!  Our goal is to get to 34 weeks and then hopefully 37. 

Caitlin &Sean (Kate)
EDD
Oct 31st ( wont make it that far C-secion @ 37 weeks)
Type of bed rest 
Modified due to a Complete Placenta Previa with Light spotting @ 24 weeks. I can shower for 10 min each day and drive myself to the doctor 1x per week. Also diagnoised with borderline GD two weeks ago #s controlled by diet so far.
Since when
7/7/09

Name: brettszy (Brett)
EDD: Nov. 14th
Type of BR:  Strict, bathroom privileges, shower every few days
Since when: modified beginning Jun 15th (18 weeks)  strict starting July 13th (22 weeks)
Reason: Previous pre-term labor and delivery - had my son at 31 weeks, short cervix - has been as short as 0.97, current PTL

Name: egankn (Kelly)
EDD:  October 10th
Since when: 33.5 Weeks
Reason: High BP, headaches, dizziness, blurred vision (but so far not high protein in the urine)

Name: 2soontob3jsmomma
EDD: December 6
Type of Bedrest: Strict until delivery
Since when: Sept. 2 ------- 26 weeks and 3 days
Reason: pregnancy induced hypertension and hyperglycemia

Name: Felisha (fisha25)
EDD: 2/03/2010
Type of BR: Strict. Shower, bathroom, food, then back to bed.
Since when:  7/21/09 at 12 weeks
Reason:

Subchorionic hematoma found under my placenta at 7weeks. I bleed almost every day, normally fresh blood, but the clot isn't getting any smaller-only bigger. Dr. seems worried placenta abruption may be inevitable.  

Name: Kristy (go dux)
EDD: 10/16/09
Type of BR:
Modified bedrest
Since when:  9/4/09
Reason: Went into L&D after having continuous contractions while at work.  Contractions were coming every 3-4 minutes, not stopping after 2 doses of trebutaline (sp?) and another type of medicine.

Name: Amanda (allinduetime)
EDD: 11/19/2009
Type of BR:
modified
Reason:
  twin pregnancy and + FFN.  went into L&D with contractions every 3-5 mins apart, gave two doses of brethine which knocked them out.  sent up to floor for observation but 24 hours later contractions returned, so was kept another 48 hours and d/c home on bedrest and procardia.

Name: lowhedges Lydia, EXPECTING TRIPLETS!!!!
EDD: ?
Type of BR: ?
Since when: 9/2
Reason: shortening cervix.  I've been lurking as I was placed on b/r at 22 weeks for 1 week and then allowed to return to work for 2 weeks.

Name: kittenxkisses(Shea)
EDD:
10/21
Type:
Just released from hosp. sent home on strict BR with bathroom priv. & shower privleges EOD.
Since When: 
8/26 at 32 weeks
Reason
: Was in hospital for 2 weeks for PTL, shortening cervix, dilated to 1.5-2, + FFN. Put on magnesium for 2 days and got Steroid shots. Then got off mag and on trbutaline every 4 hours.

Name: Events by Shelly (Shelly)
EDD: 11/08 (Induction scheduled for 10/26...most likely will deliver between 10/8-10/15)
Type:
Modified BR, Allowed 15 mins of "up" time for every hour awake. all "up" time must be followed by 15 mins of horizontal rest. Strict Pelvic Rest. 1 round trip upstairs/downstairs, Can drive myself to pick up DD from school once daily (DH has to take her) and can drive to dr appts only.
Since When: 9/10

Reason
: Previous history of PTL, delivered DD at 34wks 5 days. Admitted to hospital on 9/8 for Contractions, dilated to 2, thinning of cervical wall, baby is head down & engaged, regular contractions at 3 mins apart. was in hospital for 1 day for monitoring, given Terbutaline to stop contractions and sent home on BR. Must go back to dr. twice weekly for monitoring, sono, FFN (weekly). Fingers crossed we make it to 35 weeks!!

Re: ~~Bed Rest Mama's Thursday Check In!~~

• No updates.... you guys probably all saw my confession/breakdown yesterday. Trying to turn over a new, positive leaf for today. My stats all look good, blood work looks good so I am just chilling in the hospital bed..... I am thankful that I am past 34 weeks.

QOTD: Remember the early days when we all had pregnancy bliss???  Did you have morning sickness? What did you crave? Are you still having cravings? How is your weight gain, or would you rather just skip over discussing that? That is fine too... we've been on our butts for extended periods of time! 

I did not have morning sickness with either pregnancy. Other than the obvious, pregnancy was pretty good to me. I dealt with being very tired, just like everyone but that was my biggest complaint from the early days... I craved lots of pizza with this pregnancy. I could have eaten every day in first tri.

I hit the 25 lb weight gain on Tues. I am ok with this for the most part. I think for having 3+ months of inactivity and eating out of the sheer boredom of bed rest, that is not too bad. My weight gain has leveled off in the last 3 weeks, I am hoping I can stay under 30 by the end. I gained 37 in my 27 week pregnancy last time (I KNOW), but I also had soooo much more swelling fluid retention and gained 9 lbs overnight in the hospital.... I was in the midst of loosing baby #1 weight when I got my BFP this time. I am the biggest I have ever been and look forward to focusing on loosing weight after Lauren is here. I hate working out though...

• No updates for me today.  So far it's been a good week.  Still contracting but the pain is bearable and Bella is doing fine.  I'm looking forward to DH's 4 days off that start today.

QOTD: Remember the early days when we all had pregnancy bliss???  Did you have morning sickness? What did you crave? Are you still having cravings? How is your weight gain, or would you rather just skip over discussing that?  That is fine too... we've been on our butts for extended periods of time!

You know, I haven't had pregnancy bliss since I was 19 years old and was too ignorant to worry.  That pregnancy ended in a full-term still born so... need I say more?  Pregnancy to me has always been a terrifying journey in which I'm scared to be too hopeful.  I envy those women who only have to worry about stretch marks, m/s, and other "normal" pregnancy stuff.  Honestly, I can sometimes barely tolerate other boards because I feel like they have no clue.  As this pregnancy nears its end, I wish I could relax and enjoy it more but I still haven't mastered that yet.  And, being a peds nurse, now I have more worries about after she's born.  I told my DH I thought it might be an Italian thing... all the worry I mean Smile

As far as weight goes, I've actually not gained anything.  So I have these skinny bird legs and a huge belly.  I had normal m/s but with the GD it seems I can only eat enough to sustain Bella (which is good!) but not enough for me to pack on the pounds.  I just try to look at it as less to lose afterwards.  She's growing fine so I try not to worry about the number on the scale.

I do have cravings but most of the time I am unable to satisfy them because they involve sugar or carbs.  I'll have to be careful after she's born that I don't put on the pregnancy weight then!!  I'm giving myself a couple of weeks to eat what I want then will worry about making my way down to my goal weight.

Wow I guess today's question set something off in me!!  I must have needed to get it off my chest though!

• Loading the player...
  • I am headed to the doctor this morning for my weekly US to measure my amniotic fluid and to estimate Madelyn's weight, and they will do a NST there at the office too.  I'm only 8 days away from 34 weeks now, so I know that she will be here soon.  I don't think my doctor will let me go much over because my protein levels are rising so quickly and she's very worried about me getting really sick because of it.

QOTD:  I had awful morning sickness with DD and maybe only 4 times with this LO.  Until this all started 3 weeks ago, I was having a great pregnancy.  I had some tiredness, but I work full time and have a 5 year old and am pregnant, so who wouldn't be tired?  I have gained about 25 so far.  I have actually lost about 7 pounds over the last couple of weeks.  Mostly from fluid and I am on a really strict diet of super low sodium now and I am drinking tons of water to keep my kidneys happy so I think that has all figured in.  

• It's 34 weeks for me today!  That's all for my excitement.

QOTD:  I have not enjoyed pregnancy like I always thought I would.  I basically threw up at least once a day for the first 5 months and felt like I had been hit by a train.  I had actually started to feel half-way decent when I was diagnosed with the pre-e and was put on br.  I have gained about 10 pounds.  We shall see how many more pack on in the next couple of weeks :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My computer is back on....my poor brother came to fix it only to discover the power cord to the tower wasn't securely pushed in....needless to say I got the side eye several times while he was here!!

No new updates, not sure if I did update that Sprout had turned heading north so they cancelled my scheduled 9/8 section and we are now in the waiting game.  I had my membranes stripped on tuesday and wished my Dr a fantastic wedding day and beautiful honeymoon while I cursed her to hurry up and get back so she could deliver me!!  I'm crossing my legs until after the 24th!!!!!!!

QOTD:  I was horribly nauseated in the first tri and ate anything that was loaded with carbs....I gained quite a bit during that time...then to be put on bedrest at 18wks...yikes, I gained 1 or two pounds a week and you ladies are all lucky as I've put on close to 50 lbs Crying  I'm just hoping it comes off as easily as it was to put on.....weight watchers here I come!!

• No huge updates.  OB appointment tomorrow and going to look at a few daycares (don't worry, i'd never do anything to compromise my pregnancy/child....the doc is allowing me to run occasional errands now)  :)

QOTD: I remember when we were trying to get pregnant and we were so excited.  Now, we are still excited, but it is definitely not going how we planned it, that's for sure!  Anyway, I did have a lot of nausea for about the first 12-14wks, and during that time I ate many bags of Spicier Nacho Doritos.  I also crave cheese fries a lot.  Unfortunately now that i've been on BR and developed GD, I can't eat that stuff anymore.  Luckily though, I'm mostly belly and have only gained 15lb so far.  I'm hoping to keep my weight gain under or around 25lb total, but whatever the baby wants me to gain is what i'm going to gain!

Happy Thursday ladies :)

• Hello I am new here.

Name: kittenxkisses(Shea)
    EDD:
    10/21
    Type:
    Just released from hosp. sent home on strict BR with bathroom priv. & shower privleges EOD.

Since When: 8/26 at 32 weeks

Reason: Was in hospital for 2 weeks for PTL, shortening cervix, dilated to 1.5-2, + FFN. Put on magnesium for 2 days and got Steroid shots. Then got off mag and on trbutaline every 4 hours. 

• Hi I'm a newbie too

Name: Events by Shelly (Shelly)
    EDD: 11/08 (Induction scheduled for 10/26...most likely will deliver between 10/8-10/15)
    Type:
    Modified BR, Allowed 15 mins of "up" time for every hour awake. all "up" time must be followed by 15 mins of horizontal rest. Strict Pelvic Rest. 1 round trip upstairs/downstairs, Can drive myself to pick up DD from school once daily (DH has to take her) and can drive to dr appts only.

Since When: 9/10

Reason: Previous history of PTL, delivered DD at 34wks 5 days. Admitted to hospital on 9/8 for Contractions, dilated to 2, thinning of cervical wall, baby is head down & engaged, regular contractions at 3 mins apart. was in hospital for 1 day for monitoring, given Terbutaline to stop contractions and sent home on BR. Must go back to dr. twice weekly for monitoring, sono, FFN (weekly). Fingers crossed we make it to 35 weeks!!

QOTD - I am a miserable pregnant person from beginning to end, This is my second (and last) pregnancy and both of them have been nothing short of miserable. Hospitalized for HG in early pregnancy, was throwing up between 5-8 times daily. Highly anemic with a low platelette count that bordered the .08 mark (if it fell below that I would have to have a blood infusion prior to birth) My MS started to ease up around 20 weeks and I had a blissful break of normalcy for about a month 1/2 then around 26 weeks got a UTI and that is where the misery started back again LOL!

My cravings have been pretty typical....Ice cream, Milk shakes, Pizza, Tacos, and lately -- Chinese food mmmmmmm :)  

• Welcome Shelly and Shea!  I added you!!
  • No update for me, heading to the doctor at 3:45 to see how the blood pressure is and talk about doing the external version since she's still transverse... 

The only morning sickness I had was major heartburn and anything remote greasy made me run to the bathroom, no throwing up though which I was grateful for. The only cravings I've had at all are cold drinks and ice cream...My weight gain is around 10 lbs so far (5 in the last week!) but I was overweight to begin with, really hoping I can watch that and not gain too much in the next month now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Still in the hospital, hoping to *maybe* go home next Tuesday if the 24 hr urine looks good.  It came back at 152 this week, which was half of what it was last week, but I'm swollen and gaining weight like it's my job, so I think they're trying to be conservative.  Waiting on my 3rd FFN to come back as I type...

QOTD:  I was incredibly lucky until 26 weeks.  I never had morning sickness or nausea, and heartburn was the worst thing I'd experienced before the contractions started coming on.  Since then, I've been on lying here hoping that I can keep these babies in here until at LEAST 32 weeks, so I'm happy to be at that point (almost).  The weight gain has been hard to deal with, and I'm going to knock everyone over when I admit how much I'm up to... 65 lbs!!!!!!!  Ugh.  It grosses me out, but I look at myself and feel like the majority of it is in the middle.  No stretch marks, thank God, but it's hard to swallow when you see that kind of number on the scale.  My mom gained 50 lbs with me, so maybe getting huge while pregnant is just in my genes :)  I'm hoping that breastfeeding two babies will help out the situation, but I will do whatever it takes to get back in my size 27's again :)

• I had a check-up with MFM yesterday.  My cervix is pretty much unchanged at 2.04 cm, all of the babies are looking good, fluid and heartbeats are good too.  MD told us that at next weeks appt, they'll do a ffn and if positive, I'll start on steriods.  I'm a little (no, a lot) freaked out after the appt yesterday; I'm not far enough along for these LO's to make it out there.

So, my bedrest (in my eyes) is more horizontal time than I did last week.  I'm letting DH get just about everything for me now.  He works from home, so he can check on me multiple times throughout the day.

QOTD:  I haven't much enjoyed PG.  I always thought that I would love it, but, not so much.  I've had m/s pretty much all day everyday since 6 weeks; now with b/r it really isn't much fun!  I've gained about 10# on the scale at MFM since 10 weeks and initially lost 20#!  All of the babies are doing well though & growing great, so I shouldn't really worry about the number on the scale, but I still let it freak me out.  I lost 2# since last weeks visit, so...As far as cravings, it's been pretty normal I think...Mexican, cheeseburgers, ice cream and fresh tomatoes.  I wish someone could suggest something to eat today, nothing sounds good & I haven't really eaten anything yet! :(

• Well just got back from observation at L&D.  My bp was pretty high all day yesterday and I had a slight headache.  Woke up this morning with the same headache and still high BP.  Nurse had me come in and my BP was high in the office 142/95.  I had trace protien in my urine so I was sent over to L&D.  The really annoying and frustrating this for me is that in L&D, my BP is always so much lower!  I don't understand how it can be consistently high at home and in the office and then so low over there!  My blood work was still ok and no serious protien so I was sent back home!  I am still swollen in my hands and face and know that I am headed down that slippery slope to getting full on pre-e.  I go back to the doc on Tues!

QOTD: Remember the early days when we all had pregnancy bliss???  Did you have morning sickness? What did you crave? Are you still having cravings? How is your weight gain, or would you rather just skip over discussing that? That is fine too... we've been on our butts for extended periods of time! 

I really have not had any moments of bliss this pregnancy!  I was on the Mirena IUD when I concieved so needless to say this pregnancy was a shock!  I knew something was going on when I was puking my guts up for no apparant reason!  The morning sickness lasted for me well into the second trimester and on top of that I had horrible digestive issues that landed me in the ER on more than one occassion!  I had a few brief weeks of feeling normal and then my bp went wacky!  My main craving this pregnancy is ICE!  Seriously I eat it all the time and it drives everyone crazy, all the chomping!  I have gained about 20 lbs but I was on the heavy side to begin with!  I was just getting back into shape when I got pregnant!  So I will be starting that journey again as soon as possible! 

• No updates here...

QOTD:  I feel like I never had any pregnancy bliss either!! I had bad morning sickness from week 3-22 then my 3 weeks of pregnancy bliss until I was diagnosed with GD at 25 weeks lol...Then at 28 weeks, started insulin, was taken off of work at 30 weeks, hospitalized at 31 weeks, and have been on bedrest ever since :(  I always thought I would love being pregnant...boy was I wrong!! I also thought I was going to be one of those people that gains 50lbs, but between the morning sickness and the GD diet, I have gained 3lbs so far!  My mom keeps joking that I am going to be so skinny after the baby is born... at this point I don't even care, I just want a healthy baby!!

• Went to L&D yesterday afternoon after feeling really off and my contractions were really crampy with a lot of pelvic floor pressure. Got another shot of tributeline to stop the contractions and then my urine came back with a bladder infection so I got 1000mg of antibiotics in my butt (it looks like I got stung by a very angry bee...). Between those shots, pelvic exams, and blood sugar checks I was SO OVER IT, lol! Home now with enough antibiotics to give the whole house a yeast infection and I'm chugging lite/diet cranberry juice like a mad woman.

QOTD: I was elated to find out I was pregnant and I knew immeaditely after we had sex that we were pregnant. I was vomiting at least 6 times a day for the first trimester and lost almost 12 pounds. The only thing I could hold down was vanilla ice cream and potatoes. That is IT!

Second trimester was blissful. I rolled around in cheesburgers and as much fresh fruit as I could get my hands on. I was tired, sure, but nothing major... until 28 weeks when I flunked my fasting glucose tests.... then started blacking out randomly.... then I got pre term labor contractions. The third trimester has been a pisser! Thankfully we don't want kids back to back because it will take me about 3 years to forget how hard this pregnancy has been.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"